TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Rico lands on his feet in All Japan

[Results] All Japan, 2/2/05 by Irving - 02/02/05 5:43 am

NOSAWA officially joined the All Japan roster today (not sure if MAZADA joined as well). NOSAWA and MAZADA then joined sides with Hayashi and AKIRA joined sides with Toshizo. AKIRA nailed NOSAWA on the head with a microphone and called him, "halfway", then shook hands with Toshizo. Kojima debuted his new Udeshibo hold today, which is a shoulder hold, Araya had to have his arm wrapped up after the match but he will be ok for the series. X was Rico, and he teamed with Buchanan to beat New Japan's Nagai and Naruse for the All-Asia Tag Team Titles.

AJPW, 2/2/05 (GAORA TV/TV Tokyo)

Tokyo Korakuen Hall

2,000 Fans - No Vacancy

1. NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA beat Nobukazu Hirai & Masanobu Fuchi (10:27).

2. Kaz Hayashi beat Toshizo (10:33) with a jumping reverse-cross.

3. TARU & Johnny Stamboli beat Love Machine Arashi & Makai Love Machine #2 (11:58) when TARU used the TARU Driller on Makai.

4. Satoshi Kojima, Tomoaki Honma & Akira Raijin beat Toshiaki Kawada, Nobutaka Araya & Taichi Ishikari (19:58) when Kojima used the Udeshibo on Araya.

5. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: TAKA Michinoku © beat Mini Love Machine (11:03) with the Michinoku Driver II (1st defense).

6. All Asia Tag Team Title: Buchanan & Rico beat Mitsuya Nagai & Masayuki Naruse (24:28) when Buchanan used the Iron Bomb on Nagai (Rico & Buchanan become the 78th champions).

7. AJPW World Tag Team Title: Taiyo Kea & Jamal © beat Keiji Muto & Kohei Suwama (26:25) when Kea used a Frankensteiner on Suwama (1st defense).

Credit - http://ajpw.puroresufan.com/

I'm glad Rico landed on his feet with this gig, he deserves it.

I call it shit. The Love machines winning the titles would be more fitting, hell Nozawa and Mazada even more since they signed and have been teaming for years. It doesnt make sense how Buchbananan and Rico even got nominated as the challengers. I never liked Rico's ring presence, look or overall talent (have seen his OVW matches) and he is 6 months away from being a great grand father to Lodi's and Lenny's poster child.

I guess that's all that Muto could find when he said he wanted to bring a young hoss from the States.

Guest jumpingbombangel

Say what you will about Rico; I consider this good news. He isn't the best or most sound wrestler, but he is a nice, classy guy in a business that needs more of his kind. I'm glad to see him back in at least some way...and someplace where he can perhaps gain more notoriety.

Guest Black Tiger

The little I've seen of him actually in the ring, looks like he could probably go over well in All Japan. Hopefully he's at least dropped the whole gay gimmck. Despite all of our bitching, it has to be said that Jamal and Buchanan are actually massively over, on the other side of the pond.

Guest Phenom

Does this mean that John Cena and Charlie Hass are going to be tagging?

Cool to see B^2 still in buisness.

RO&D is *gasp* being built up well?

I'm shocked.

RO&D build-up > Dark Agents build-up. I'm impressed that Muto hasn't fucked these guys over yet. Amazing. Sure they're WWE rejects but the fans seem to be marks for the "former" WWE "superstars" from the US.

Good deal for Rico.

Clearly I see Nagai crying behind them and Honma looks spiritually floored, Kawada must be cutting his thighs in the back. But did he really have to wear the pussy pants? and his face now kinda reminds me of Jerry Tuite (Buch's AJ partner for the most of 2003 FYI).

Rico is a champion. Bull Buchanon is a champion. MOTHERFUCKING JAMAL is a champion. All we need now is Matt Bloom to sign on and become the Triple Crown Champion and our lives will be complete.

Guest LooneyTune

He is on the open market, so ask and eventually you shall recieve. The WWE Left-overs are Champions... except Rico should've stayed, and A-Train was never given a fair push without cutting his legs from under him.

Guest PlatinumBoy
HEY!

Is that guy on the right of the picture...next to Rico, a one legged wrestler?

Bull Buchanan...??? No... he's got two legs.

Guest Loss

Weird. Just a month ago, I remember reading that Rico was trying to get back on the police force, or he already had. I assumed he was done with wrestling.

Weird. Just a month ago, I remember reading that Rico was trying to get back on the police force, or he already had. I assumed he was done with wrestling.

He probably was before Japan came a-callin'. Good for Rico, I hope he gets Bart Gunn over in Japan.

Funny. If this was say 1993 and two ex-WWF/WWE Tag Team Champions like Rico and Buchanon went to Japan and teamed and won the belts, it'd be a lead story on PWI and all over the internet, and all the promotions in the states would be jumping at the chance to sign them.

Guest Black Tiger

Rico looks pretty bad ass, withoug all that facepaint and the powder blue body suit. With his legit bad ass background, you wonder why Vince wanted him to be gay.

I think he can probably get pretty over in AJPW, espeically with his wrestling style and bad ass image. Hell, Jamal got over by really doing next to nothing, other than being really big and being booked like a superstar. I'd take Rico vs Kawada, Mutoh, Kojima, etc LONG before I'd take Jamal in those spots.

Funny. If this was say 1993 and two ex-WWF/WWE Tag Team Champions like Rico and Buchanon went to Japan and teamed and won the belts, it'd be a lead story on PWI and all over the internet, and all the promotions in the states would be jumping at the chance to sign them.

Yes it would have been a lead story, if it was 93 and if Rico wouldn't be 43 years old with a stronger contribution to the wrestling scene.

I really want to see his AJ matches now, but I doubt he can work a better match than D'Lo who at this point just has a good overall delivery of practically nothing (move set wise).

Guest LooneyTune

On Bart Gunn: I think the main reason he was over in Japan is because he legit KO'ed Steve Williams (Dr. Death), who is, to sum it up quickly, REALLY over in Japan and viewed as the #1 badass (at least for gaijins, or whatever the spelling is).