TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

Six NFL Stadiums Being Planned/Built

Guest Vitamin X

What's so different about the Cowboys stadium? More upper deck seating?

I like the new Colts and Saints stadiums.

They're not building a new stadium. They're renovating the current Qualcomm stadium.

Yeah they are. The vote will be in 2006. The stadium would be built on the northeast section of the Qualcomm lot.

They're not building a new stadium. They're renovating the current Qualcomm stadium.

Yeah they are. The vote will be in 2006. The stadium would be built on the northeast section of the Qualcomm lot.

Key word: VOTE. I don't see them forking the money over for the stadium when they have the pension scandal and all that shit.

That Saints one is in limbo right now...

Governor Blanco, who I usually disagree with, has rightfully challenged owner Tom Benson's claims that the state needs to foot most of the bill for the stadium. Blanco is demanding to see the Saints' books before she agrees to anything more than a renovation to the Superdome.

The fact that the Saints' corporation just bought Benson a new multi-million dollar yacht helps Blanco's argument that the Saints can afford to foot more of the bill themselves.

It still amazes me that Arizona was able to get a new stadium. How the hell will they even fill the place up? The franchise will never and has never had the type of sustained success that can keep fans interested with the Bidwell family owning it.

It still amazes me that Arizona was able to get a new stadium. How the hell will they even fill the place up? The franchise will never and has never had the type of sustained success that can keep fans interested with the Bidwell family owning it.

Maybe Denny Green's hire got the Arizona fans excited for their future. They are going all out with renovating the franchise: new logos, new uniforms, new stadiums, renewed playoff hopes?

I like the look of the Jets one, and the possible construction is going to tie into the NYC summer Olympic bid.

New Orleans looks cool, but I'd like to see an outside rendering, and different angles for all of them for that matter

Thoughts:

- Cardinals need a new stadium. I think it may gain some new fan interest, and there will be a huge improvement quality-wise. Seriously, a pour soul can fry his ass on those metal benches at Sun Devil Stadium.

- Colts' one looks like a football version of Conseco Fieldhouse. (I think)

- I'm going to miss Texas Stadium and the hole in the roof. Jerry Jones got a break, as I heard the thing will be fully paid by taxpayers.

- Can't make a judgment on the Jets, since I can't see the inside. But, finally, the two New York teams have separate stadiums!

- Hope the Vikings one happens. I hate the Metrodome. Looks like the unhealthiest stadium in football (and maybe even baseball too).

- Saints one looks nice, but what's wrong with the Superdome?

Maybe Denny Green's hire got the Arizona fans excited for their future. They are going all out with renovating the franchise: new logos, new uniforms, new stadiums, renewed playoff hopes?

The stadium bill was passed before Green was hired.

The Superdome is about 30 years old and has few luxury boxes and suites compared to other stadiums.

Considering that the Superdome is in much better shape than most other domed stadiums from the 70s or 80s, the luxury box issue appears to be Benson's largest argument.

Thoughts:

- Cardinals need a new stadium. I think it may gain some new fan interest, and there will be a huge improvement quality-wise. Seriously, a pour soul can fry his ass on those metal benches at Sun Devil Stadium.

- Colts' one looks like a football version of Conseco Fieldhouse. (I think)

- I'm going to miss Texas Stadium and the hole in the roof. Jerry Jones got a break, as I heard the thing will be fully paid by taxpayers.

- Can't make a judgment on the Jets, since I can't see the inside. But, finally, the two New York teams have separate stadiums!

- Hope the Vikings one happens. I hate the Metrodome. Looks like the unhealthiest stadium in football (and maybe even baseball too).

Don't be so sure, the public sure the hell doesn't want it.

For one, most of the Jet fan base would rather have it closer to Queens/Long Island than on the West Side of Manhattan

Second, New Yorkers will NEVER go for it unless ALL of it is privately funded

Thirdly in a last ditch effort to keep a monopoly on the convention market the owners of Madison Square Garden put a bid to buy the land where the Jets are looking to build that tops the Jets bid!

This is one sorrid tale that is still unfolding

Half dome are the current trend in stadium building.

I mean Qwest field is unique because it looks like a Vagina from above.

And its about damn time Minnesota is outdoors, again.

Half dome are the current trend in stadium building.

I mean Qwest field is unique because it looks like a Vagina from above.

Seahawks Stadium and the Skydome really pair up nicely with the Space Needle and CN Tower

Guest Vitamin X

It appears to be a retractable roof, so I wouldn't be counting on a throwback to the days of the Purple People Eaters quite yet.

Am I the only person here who has never met a Cardinals fan in his entire life? Seriously, do they exist enough to be given a new stadium and a team?