TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Si82

Sparks drummer commits suicide

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_ob...-name_page.html

SPARKS DRUMMER COMMITS SUICIDE

Feb 5 2005

By Lorraine Fisher

A DRUMMER with 70s hit group Sparks hanged himself in a row over a neighbour's loud music.

Norman Diamond, 53, was in despair after he failed to get the council to stop the noise - which his neighbour insisted officials had already checked and cleared her over.

Girlfriend Jane Gant, 50, came home to find him dead, hours after police visited him following a tip-off he was suicidal. They even saw the rope he later used to kill himself. Pc Sarah Ratcliffe told an inquest: "He said the neighbour didn't work during the day and played music. He seemed agitated and started hitting the table. It was clear he had been drinking."

The warehouseman, whose three top 10 hits included This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us, phoned ex-bandmate Trevor White on the day he died last September, the Windsor hearing was told. Norman, of Sandhurst, Berks, said he was unhappy but it did not matter as he "wouldn't be around tomorrow". His friend called police.

Last night neighbour Lisa Norman, 27, said the council cleared her of being too noisy. She said: "I can't believe I'm being blamed." Verdict: Suicide.

This...Really, really sucks, IMO. I'm a fan of the Sparks, and this really hits me hard.

What were the other two hits?

Didn't they sing "All You Ever Think About Is Sex"? and one other song from around the same time period that I can't remember the name of.

It seems like I even saw them as the opening act for somebody way back then too.

Well, this brought me a chuckle anyway. If people are going to be that stupid when they commit suicide, they can't expect people not to laugh at them.