TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Alex Shelley Wants Out Of TNA

Alex Shelley wrote on his live journal that he has requested a release from TNA, saying, "Speaking of TNA, I'll have an update on that soon, along with some details of why I'm not there. For everyone that's interested, I asked for my release in early January, but for whatever reason, have yet to recieve it." Shelley will be debuting for ZERO-ONE in March. That promotion has certainly become a safe haven of sorts for TNA talents that are underutilized as Simon Diamond and Sonjay Dutt have done quite well since debuting there.

Credit: PWInsider

When I was at the BCW show here last month, one of the guys backstage said "hey, those are the tights you wear with TNA, right?" and his response was "I don't even wrestle for them anymore". This was 4 weeks ago.

Guest LooneyTune

What's happening to TNA now is what I call "The Domino Effect", so far in the last month, Johnny Swinger, Frank Kazarian, and Alex Shelley have all left, and all could've been used in the under-card/upper midcard. Who's next?

What's happening to TNA now is what I call "The Domino Effect", so far in the last month, Johnny Swinger, Frank Kazarian, and Alex Shelley have all left, and all could've been used in the under-card/upper midcard. Who's next?

Are Sonjay Dutt and the Amazing Red gone yet? They weren't impressive, but I read that both of them were almost out of TNA one or two months ago.

Guest LooneyTune

Oh, I forgot about Amazing Red. Sonjay Dutt I haven't seen since the PPV last month (or whichever he fought Skipper on).

This is merely what we call, "cutting the dead weight".

Which, sorry, is what they are, because TNA obviously has no use for them and they're all rather easily replaced at this point.

Hell, give Buck Quartermain or Lex Lovett or Jerome Clark or Mikey Batts, etc., their spot, and it'll make no difference.

Guest LooneyTune

Except Alex Shelley has real talent that TNA refuses to notice. I would've dropped about 50% of the roster first.

It starts out with smaller people, then builds its path more and more... I didn't say it starts with the big "talent" (I refuse to use that term seriously when describing Nash).

Guest Fook_Theta

Someone should make a predictions and release megathread.

However before that happens, I'm curious if ol' Petey will be gone somewhere down the road. He just gives me the vibe "I won't put up with much shit." He's not quite on the level of AJ or Daniels, but he still makes a pretty penny on the indy circuit.

Alex Shelley has talent, but it is pretty obvious that he doesn't have what it takes to make it as a big-time performer. Not everyone can be bent into his wierd-ass submissions like Jimmy Jacobs and he is downright brutal on the mic.

Guest MikeSC

Why not cut Jarrett? He gets paid more, puts on worse matches, and has not drawn a dime in the company's history.

At a certain point, ya gotta let things go.

-=Mike

...Hell, Hunter is a better draw...

Guest LooneyTune

Fans actually pay to go to WWE shows. Its safe to say HHH is out drawing everyone in TNA combined.