TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE sign Johnny Swinger

So why was he hired? They need a new JTTS to feud with Val Venis on Heat, or a new JTTS to feud with Hardcore Holly on Velocity?

Guest Hass of Pain

I swear WWE signs the weirdest people. Out of all of the Independent talent on the continent, WWE chooses Johnny Swinger who stands out in no conceivable way from anyone else like him on the Independent scene. And then they scan the entire continent of Japan and decide that Kenzo Suzuki would be the best investment. And then they, for no conceivable reason, bring Viscera back out of some black hole after dumping a ton of contracts. And then, Vince McMahon decides he wants exactly one Mexican wrestler and narrows it down to Super Crazy and Psicosis, both of whom peaked years ago and have fallen into total obscurity for for the last five years. It's so random.

I would love to sit in on a meeting to see how these kinds of decisions are reached. It's like a big elaborate joke.

It's gotta be based on people knowing people.

It can't be anything specific like any measureable talent.

I mean don't get me started on listing five indy workers better than ANYONE from TNA...

Nova invented false advertising.

And the circle of life indicates that he should just go ahead and rip himself off, a little throwback to his ECW gimmick. We just need Joey Styles on the mic saying "dammit Simon Dean, you stole that from Nova...like everyone!"

Johnny Swinger used to work for WWF years ago(like 95 or 96) and used the name Johnny Swinger, but he was just a jobber pretty much. He was like my favorite jobber back then and he reminded me of HBK.

Guest Trivia247

Its starting to Happen, Vince gave TNA the grace period of a year or two, now turns all his monitary and dark attention towards TNA to destroy and bleed it into Obillivion

Nova invented false advertising.

And the circle of life indicates that he should just go ahead and rip himself off, a little throwback to his ECW gimmick. We just need Joey Styles on the mic saying "dammit Simon Dean, you stole that from Nova...like everyone!"

that's the kind of in-joke nobody would ever try and pull off, outside of maybe Josh Matthews.

Johnny Swinger used to work for WWF years ago(like 95 or 96) and used the name Johnny Swinger, but he was just a jobber pretty much. He was like my favorite jobber back then and he reminded me of HBK.

Are you positive that it was WWE? Because I'm pretty sure he worked WCW from 96 to 99 as a jobber.

Seems like I keep clicking on these stories "WWE signs worker." And then every single time I see the name I can't help but wonder what they see in the guy now, that I haven't seen in the years I've seen him.

Swinger is ok if you simply need a guy to fill a spot. But if Vince gave me a checkbook to get 100 guys from the indies he wouldn't even crack the list.

My favorite moment of the entire Battle Royal, outside of the unmasking and Dean's primal scream just before the ending.

Swinger is doing the "belt is mine" motion and Jericho is tearing him apart...I love it. So fucking funny.

Its starting to Happen, Vince gave TNA the grace period of a year or two, now turns all his monitary and dark attention towards TNA to destroy and bleed it into Obillivion

:huh: TNA released him first, it wasn't like Vince lured him away. Plus, TNA is doing a pretty good job of bleeding itself into oblivion. Especially when they are paying DDP more than WWE would...

Guest Black Tiger

If they signed Swinger, I can't see why they wouldn't sign Simon Diamond (not Irish Pat, not Pat Kenney, not The Empire Saint. SIMON FUCKING DIAMOND). They've got some nice chemistry together, and both RAW and SD could use some help in the tag team division.

Isn't Simon married to Dawn Marie, there's an in for him, right there.

If they signed Swinger, I can't see why they wouldn't sign Simon Diamond (not Irish Pat, not Pat Kenney, not The Empire Saint. SIMON FUCKING DIAMOND). They've got some nice chemistry together, and both RAW and SD could use some help in the tag team division.

Isn't Simon married to Dawn Marie, there's an in for him, right there.

No, they broke up since Dawn has been banging guys on the side.

Guest Fiscusalicious
It's gotta be based on people knowing people.

It can't be anything specific like any measureable talent.

I mean don't get me started on listing five indy workers better than ANYONE from TNA...

I'd be interested in seeing you trying to legitmately name five indy workers better than Christopher Daniels.

Guest Pariah

AJ Styles is in TNA though, which negates the point of the list. As if someone from TNA is better from someone else in TNA, they're still from TNA.