TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE sign Johnny Swinger

Ki's look is better. I find Spanky's promo's to be better (a lot of what Daniels' says comes off overly forced to me).

Its starting to Happen, Vince gave TNA the grace period of a year or two, now turns all his monitary and dark attention towards TNA to destroy and bleed it into Obillivion

...by signing people that quit TNA?

Guest MikeSC
Ki's look is better. I find Spanky's promo's to be better (a lot of what Daniels' says comes off overly forced to me).

Its starting to Happen, Vince gave TNA the grace period of a year or two, now turns all his monitary and dark attention towards TNA to destroy and bleed it into Obillivion

...by signing people that quit TNA?

Hey, they're teaching TNA a lesson. TNA signs all of the guys the WWE lets go. It's only fitting that WWE hires TNA wash-outs. :)

-=Mike

Guest Black Tiger
Hey, they're teaching TNA a lesson. TNA signs all of the guys the WWE lets go. It's only fitting that WWE hires TNA wash-outs.

-=Mike

Its only fitting if WWE goes on and makes something out of them, thereby showing TNA exactly how well they can manage their talent.

AJ Styles is in TNA though, which negates the point of the list. As if someone from TNA is better from someone else in TNA, they're still from TNA.

The challenge was five INDY wrestlers better than Daniels, not non-TNA workers. Styles is working ROH this weekend, and he still works Wildside.

Guest Fiscusalicious

You said five indy wrestlers better than anyone in TNA. I mentioned Daniels since he is a TNA worker. It is counterproductive for you, scarecrowing your point with a negative statement of TNA workers, to then use TNA workers to illustrate your point.

Besides, saying Styles works other places is a bad argument because everyone in TNA does the same. Your argument was that there are 5 indy workers better than anyone in TNA.

I'm just interested in seeing what you think.

P.S. You listed Aries? SERIOUSLY? Come on now, I'm a huge ROH Mark..and I have loved Aries since I first saw him in the Super 8...but even I can't see how you can justify that.

Spanky I could again argue, but the others you listed are a different style so I can completely accept that you think they are better. I just find those two to be a bit questionable.

Guest MikeSC
AJ Styles is in TNA though, which negates the point of the list. As if someone from TNA is better from someone else in TNA, they're still from TNA.

The challenge was five INDY wrestlers better than Daniels, not non-TNA workers. Styles is working ROH this weekend, and he still works Wildside.

TNA is also an indy fed.

Sorry, guys, but it is.

-=Mike

I still can't believe he listed Austin Aries.

Holy shit, do you realize the potential of having Johnny Swinger sign with Raw and be a guest on the Highlight Reel?

"Next we have...Johnny...Singer? Johnny...Swinger? Anybody ever heard of this guy? Neither have I. 0 Out of 10 chance of lasting on Raw."

And MikeSC, while I agree with your criticisms of TNA, TNA is *not* an indy fed.

TNA is a poorly ran national promotion.

But they have a national television deal, a corporate backing of millions of dollars, weekly show, monthly par-per-view.

No indy has this.

The WWE and NWA-TNA are the same.

Except the WWE tours overseas more instead of sending Jarrett to an indy and having him defend the title in a "defense".

RoH, CZW, IWA, et. al = Indy

TNA = National

WWE = Publicly Traded Global Enterprise

Guest Black Tiger
Except the WWE tours overseas more instead of sending Jarrett to an indy and having him defend the title in a "defense".

Forget "overseas more". The WWE tours, period. TNA hasn't left Orlando since they moved from Nashville. At least ROH, CZW, etc go to different places so a greater number of people can see their shows.

Johnny Swinger used to work for WWF years ago(like 95 or 96) and used the name Johnny Swinger, but he was just a jobber pretty much. He was like my favorite jobber back then and he reminded me of HBK.

Are you positive that it was WWE? Because I'm pretty sure he worked WCW from 96 to 99 as a jobber.

Yeah he was a jobber in WWF then went to WCW as a jobber.

And MikeSC, while I agree with your criticisms of TNA, TNA is *not* an indy fed.

But they have a national television deal, a corporate backing of millions of dollars, weekly show, monthly par-per-view.

No indy has this.

TNA = National

i think you're missing the actual point

as to what makes TNA not and indy fed.

they have their workers signed to contracts.

that alone is the necessary and sufficient condition to draw the line between the two.

so using that as your metric,

AJ Styles is not an indy wrestler.

Styles certainly is not an indy wrestler.

It's just like when Dreamer and some of the lesser SIGNED WWE employees (Snow) did indy appearences.

AJ Styles is a national superstar who makes occassional indy appearences.

Guest MikeSC

No indy has this.

TNA = National

ROH and other indies actually tour. They run shows in multiple cities, actually draw crowds in multiple cities, etc. Heck, ROH almost has a distribution deal for their DVD's, which puts them a step up from TNA as is.

TNA is an indy fed based in Orlando. They are as national a promotion as WCCW was when they had the ESPN deal.

And TNA is alive until Panda tires of bleeding money on the project. They are not in good condition.

If I wanted to be mean, I'd simply describe TNA as what they are --- a TV show based on pro wrestling and not a wrestling company per se. When they tour or have the occasional show not on TV, they are not a real wrestling promotion.

that alone is the necessary and sufficient condition to draw the line between the two.

That, honestly, does not really matter. They don't tour. That alone makes them a TV show and nothing more.

-=Mike

Guest Fiscusalicious

That, honestly, does not really matter. They don't tour. That alone makes them a TV show and nothing more.

-=Mike

It matters in the actual defenition of what independent is..

Guest bort

There is no way that anyone could consider TNA a real National Fed, They run on average 1 show a week and have a 1 hour show in a bad timeslot on a crappy network. They dont tour. AJ Styles and most of the workers who make there lving wrestling work 2 shows a weekend so its not just a thing that happens once and awhile

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

It matters in the actual defenition of what independent is..

Them running, on a good month, 5 shows from the same arena makes them a non-national company.

WCCW had more claim to being a national company than TNA has ever had.

And WCCW was a total regional indy.

-=Mike

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profi...n-anderson.html

The WWF Just signed this guy - he's done jobber work for them and is about as good as you can get on the indy as far as being a "wrestler" He's brawled with Raven, wrestled Candito and many others. I'm afraid he'll get type cast for being a cruiserweight who's not a "flippity flopper".

http://www.nwawisconsin.com/ - Here's the Federation he is currently champion for - Shawn Diavari came from here as well

Holy shit, do you realize the potential of having Johnny Swinger sign with Raw and be a guest on the Highlight Reel?

"Next we have...Johnny...Singer? Johnny...Swinger? Anybody ever heard of this guy? Neither have I. 0 Out of 10 chance of lasting on Raw."

(Followed by a run in)

Jericho: Uh oh, here comes the real shooter of WWE . . . does he have a chance? No chance, zero out of 10 chance of getting noticed. He's Evan Kourageous.

Guest Black Tiger

I think TNA would be more a Regional promoiton, than an Indy promotion. I think the difference between Indy and regional is that Indies don't use contracts, hence they're "independant" workers.

ROH, CZW and the like run only a couple of shows a month (I'd say no more than four at max) in various states, cities, and arenas.

TNA runs three shows (two IMPACT Tapings, as well as the PPV) in the same arena in the same city.

I'd be more excited if it was Simon and Swinger, I always liked them as a team. I can't say I can think of a single memorable moment in Swinger's singles career. Other than the ECW House show I was at where he got a huge face pop for talking about how much he hated WCW, and how much they sucked. Then declaring himself a major star giving ECW a lil validation and we all turned on him, leading to Tommy Dreamer kicking his ass all over the arena.

He'll keep his ring name, and they'll give him a wife swapping gimmick.

I'm hoping Lita really has left Matt, so she can go with Johnny Swinger, and he can do a wife/girlfriend swapping gimmick with Lita. They could even team up with Orton and Keibler. In the ring too.