TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Failed Mascot

So I just beat Splinter Cell

Guest Failed Mascot

Now THIS is tactical espionage at its finest. Awesome game and I really liked the ending. The music going through the credits right now makes me feel like I just played a movie too. Awesome, awesome game and I now have Pandora Tommorow waiting for me. Its been sitting there in its original packaging since early January.

I got the game used for $5 in November and I still haven't played it. I have about 5 games I haven't even started yet. I really need to stop purchasing games, as well as spending all these hours on the computer and Halo 2's Live play.

You'd better hurry up and finish Pandora Tomorrow. Chaos Theory's out next month, I believe.

I'm in the middle of Pandora Tomorrow right now. So far, it's single player pales in comparison to the first game. :(

The first Splinter Cell was a lot more frustrating (especially the Live Download Levels) but Pandora Tomorrow I found a little too easy with the whistling feature. Still, the games are some of the best I've ever played and I really look forward to Pandora Tomorrow.

Guest Failed Mascot
You'd better hurry up and finish Pandora Tomorrow. Chaos Theory's out next month, I believe.

It gets released on my Birthday actually.

Fuck Metal Gear Solid indeed - it's easily one of the most overrated games EVER, especially for the PS2.

All of the SCs are cake after the first one, really. Although it's a little hard to play the first one now, because the graphics have aged *very* poorly. Still, it's dirt cheap, extremely challenging, and long.

Fuck Metal Gear Solid indeed - it's easily one of the most overrated games EVER, especially for the PS2.

gall_E2.jpg

"Why don't you like me?"

Just tried out the Chaos Theory demo, and it beat the shit out of anything I've played in Pandora Tomorrow. Awesome level, smarter enemies, semi-dynamic objectives, save whenever I feel like it, a pistol that isn't so laughably inaccurate as to make me wonder how it could possibly be government issue... it's awesome.

Edited by chirs3

Is the Chaos Theory demo in the new XBox mag? If so, I need to go out and get it fast.

The Splinter Cell games are easily some of the best I've ever played. Once you start playing, it's hard to put the controller down. Very addicting.

The first MSG gets a bad rap because of what massive disappointments the sequels were.  It's still a damn fine game.

Wha? MGS3 is a great game. It just suffers a little from the fingerprints of one the most pretentious, egotistical, overrated video game directors in all of Japan*...but only a little. However, if you're tied to a lot of the usual MG or video game conventions you may find it boring and frustrating at first.

MGS2 positively reeks of it, though. MGS3's sales weren't nearly as big as the hype for it would seem to dictate. I believe the bad taste left in people's mouth over 2 was the direct and major cause.

My main problems with MGS2

1. Bait and switch

2. 30% game, 70% movie

3. Bait and switch

4. By the end of the game, nothing made sense

5. BAIT AND FUCKING SWITCH

Guest Failed Mascot

The only really cool things of MGS2 are...

1.) stuffing an enemy in the locker and then opening fire on said locker and killing them that way

2.) naked killer cartwheels

I actually liked MGS2's main story, with all the twists and turns.

What I didn't like was all the crap sub-story that surrounded it - Raiden and Rose, Otacon and Emma, Otacon sleeping with his mother-in-law, anything and everything involving Stillman, etc.

Having one of the lamest main characters of this generation didn't help either.

Guest Failed Mascot

I'm about to start Pandora Tommorow now, so I'll give my opinions on it later.

Guest Failed Mascot

So from the looks of it you can't press yourself up against walls. I don't like that. I also don't like how the controls were changed for so many things. Consistancy goes a long way in my book.

The graphics however are absolutely amazing.

Guest Failed Mascot

Nevermind, I found how to place my back against the wall and strafe. Once again though...changing the controls so drastically when they all were just fine for the first one is beyond me.

It's kind of funny how nowadays everyone is an expert on the Metal Gear "legacy," but prior to Solid next to nobody seemed to ever hear of the games.

Plus, the series skipped an entire console generation.

Of course, during the 16 bit days Konami didn't need it; sure, they had a few "franchises," but were pumping out quality games at an astounding rate, even making good *licensed* games.

Anyone remember what started the big hullaboo about the Metal Gear revival?

Nevermind, I found how to place my back against the wall and strafe. Once again though...changing the controls so drastically when they all were just fine for the first one is beyond me.

One of the major complaints I've heard from friends about the Splinter Cells. Don't get why you'd change a decent control scheme.

I've considered buying that since I was going to pick up Rainbow Six 3 for $20 so I could try it out, but then I figured that there was no point since I already own Splinter Cell and the other 2 games would cost the same amount as that 3 pack anyway.

One thing I've been wondering, though- Do all the games come in individual cases, or is it like the NCAA/Top Spin split disc?

I've always wanted to try Rainbow Six 3, but I suck at team management (I'm a follower, not a leader), and I don't have X-Box Live. If I ever get Live, I may pick it up.

Edited by chirs3