TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

Jericho's Ladder Match

In this ladder match considering the IC title is not on the line, wtf is the point of a ladder being involved? What are they grabbing at the top of the ladder?

In this ladder match considering the IC title is not on the line, wtf is the point of a ladder being involved? What are they grabbing at the top of the ladder?

A suitcase with a contract inside.

And it's ladder so there's a match people will remember as a "Holy crap! That was cool!" match.

And the IC belt won't even be defended at WM21.

Lame.

It's a possibility that Benjamin pulls double-duty; it fits in with a possible storyline that sees Benjamin run into the problem that the IC title has to be defended at the show.

I pretty much doubt that Shelton will pull double duty. I read over at 411mania.com that it has been confirmed that the only 2 titles that will notbe defended at WM will be the IC belt and the WWE tag team belts.

Guest Shadow

God, does that mean we're getting a fucking Le Rez/Tajiri and Regal match? Fuck that.

Hotshot the wwe tag titles onto Bashams and have a "mystery" tag team and the returning dudleyz return and squash them and destroy them and not use the world tag titles.

Guest Shadow

well, @ wmxix it didnt even exist. then for wmxx...the champion was in what was arguably the #3 match of the night and meant more then a random defense would have.

However, there's no excuse for Benjamin to not defend the title.

I also would like to point how that Bischoff only put Benjamin in the ladder match because of his "WM expierence" which is reduced to 2 short meaningless multiple man tag matches(Triple threat with Haas against Guerreros and Benoit/Rhyno at 19 and Four way with haas against apa, bashams and rikishi/s2h)...

wait...Benoit main evented 20 after being in a multiple man match in 19...JBL will "co-main" event 21 after being in a multiple man match @ 20. That would mean one of the six men in the ladder match is going to main event Mania at this rate.

Benoit main evented 20 after being in a multiple man match in 19...JBL will "co-main" event 21 after being in a multiple man match @ 20. That would mean one of the six men in the ladder match is going to main event Mania at this rate.

So, the question is who in this match is going to face Triple H at WM22?

Guest Shadow

I think that's basically the obvious result. It suits his "Screwed" character and because he did his own screwing; has to leave raw, he'll get drafted by Smackdown.

However, I bet he cashes in his "card" the night of the draft because he'll go

"WAIT, ITS NOT OFFICIAL TIL MIDNIGHT! IM CASHING IN MY CARD TONIGHT!" and the story of the night is, that if edge wins...he takes the world title with him, so Bischoff does everything he can to keep edge from beating Batistia...leading to what i would imagine to be a dramatic intense match between Batistia and Edge with SD trying to help Edge out so they can slay the aura of raw and Raw tries to help batistia, leads to Batistia laying every one out and beating Edge clean.

Edge shows up at Smackdown very bitter towards everyone and does the same act there.

I think that's basically the obvious result. It suits his "Screwed" character and because he did his own screwing; has to leave raw, he'll get drafted by Smackdown.

However, I bet he cashes in his "card" the night of the draft because he'll go

"WAIT, ITS NOT OFFICIAL TIL MIDNIGHT! IM CASHING IN MY CARD TONIGHT!" and the story of the night is, that if edge wins...he takes the world title with him, so Bischoff does everything he can to keep edge from beating Batistia...leading to what i would imagine to be a dramatic intense match between Batistia and Edge with SD trying to help Edge out so they can slay the aura of raw and Raw tries to help batistia, leads to Batistia laying every one out and beating Edge clean.

Edge shows up at Smackdown very bitter towards everyone and does the same act there.

.....or Edge uses his stipulation ON Smackdown vs Cena... a lot more simpler this way.

Doesn't matter. "World title shot" can be used to refer to a WWE title shot.

Uhh. No- see, b/c the championship on Raw is called the World Championship, not the WWE.

Guest Shadow

I really think Kane's taking the big bump this match. Benoit, Edge are too prone to injury and Kane falling 20-30 feet off the ladder would stand out pretty good.

Uhh. No- see, b/c the championship on Raw is called the World Championship, not the WWE.

Guess you don't get the point and rather get caught up in the semantics, so I won't really bother to re-explain my point. I will just say, "Just wait and watch." Edge WILL win and WILL go to Smackdown and challenge Cena or the champion at the time.

Guest Shadow

exactly and besides, Eric signed the contract and left the challenger's name blank. Edge couldn't cash it in anyways on smackdown.

My idea works best because it instantly gives Edge a program on smackdown with a top face like Eddy or even Cena if he comes in and blames the smackdown roster for causing him to lose his destiny.

He's going to feud with Cena or Eddy right anyways, why not have a more deeper reasoning as opposed to "see, i won the right to face the world champion of raw, but i got traded. so im gonna use this card here".

exactly and besides, Eric signed the contract and left the challenger's name blank. Edge couldn't cash it in anyways on smackdown.

My idea works best because it instantly gives Edge a program on smackdown with a top face like Eddy or even Cena if he comes in and blames the smackdown roster for causing him to lose his destiny.

He's going to feud with Cena or Eddy right anyways, why not have a more deeper reasoning as opposed to "see, i won the right to face the world champion of raw, but i got traded. so im gonna use this card here".

The problem is, they shouldn't be developing complicated and complex storylines for something as simple as "Winner gets a title shot", they are just not good at that kind of thing, so yes, they should stick to "Winner gets a title shot, gets traded and uses the title shot stipulation on the other show". If they could do it for Benoit and the Rumble (yes I know the Rumble was interpromotional, but fact remains, it can be done here). If they are going to go around what you perceive to be a Raw-exclusive title shot based on the words "world title shot" to include a Smackdown title shot, they will do it with no problem.

Guest Shadow

whats complex about that?

Edge: I was about to win the world title, my ultimate dream was in my hands and yet the people that i am now forced to work with screwed me. Im really used to getting screwed these days(no lita jokes). So basically, im going to do whatever it takes to get a heavyweight title and wear it proudly around my waist where it belongs. I heard Smackdown's champion goes by the name of "John Cena"...well let's make this perfectly clear. I am obviously the biggest star here on smackdown, Im bigger then Angle, Guerrero, Mysterio, Taker, JBL and yes, even you John Cena. That title will be mine.

Its just as simple and old school and easy to follow for the fans attention.

The problem is, they shouldn't be developing complicated and complex storylines for something as simple as "Winner gets a title shot", they are just not good at that kind of thing, so yes, they should stick to "Winner gets a title shot, gets traded and uses the title shot stipulation on the other show". If they could do it for Benoit and the Rumble (yes I know the Rumble was interpromotional, but fact remains, it can be done here). If they are going to go around what you perceive to be a Raw-exclusive title shot based on the words "world title shot" to include a Smackdown title shot, they will do it with no problem.

Well you shoot yourself in the foot with this post right here. You said yourself that the Rumble winner can pick his brand, and then acknowledge that it is a cross-brand match, but then just blow it off and say it can apply for this contract too. Um, no, no it can not. As already said, the contract is for a World Title shot. And despite what you say, the wwe is very strict about which title is which. SD never refers to the wwe title as the world title and same for Raw. And if that isn't enough for you, there is just the plain common sense notion that Bischoff has absolutely no power over SD so any contract he offers on Raw has NO bearing what so ever on SD or anything having to do with it including it's titles.

Guest Ransome

I guess it depends on who wins this ladder match, but it seems extremely unlikely that the winner would wait til WM 22 to get a title shot. For one thing, it would mean they'd have to keep the winner out of the world title feud for 11 months. At least, with the buildup, they might get some more buys for one of the crumby midyear pay per views if they use their title shot then.

Either way, at least they've tacked on a fresh stipulation, since the buildup and participants of the match itself seem rushed and random.

Why don't people think Shelton will pull double duty? Hassan vs Shelton fits perfectly on the card IMO. Hassan said he wanted in the ladder match, but Eric wouldn't let him. Hassan gets mad, and well, since he knows shelton is a 'fighting champion', he challenges him to an IC title match and'proves' he's better then the competitors taking place in this ladder match. Well, one at least.

Guest Shadow

Its not that we dont think he can; its just in the 20 year history of Mania...only 3 people has ever done double duty at wrestlemania.

Bret Hart

Yokozuna

Hulk Hogan(and it barely counts)

Guest Ransome
Its not that we dont think he can; its just in the 20 year history of Mania...only 3 people has ever done double duty at wrestlemania.

Bret Hart

Yokozuna

Ever seen Wrestlemania 4?

Guest Shadow

Bret Hart

Yokozuna

Ever seen Wrestlemania 4?

I never counted that one.

Guess you don't get the point and rather get caught up in the semantics, so I won't really bother to re-explain my point. I will just say, "Just wait and watch." Edge WILL win and WILL go to Smackdown and challenge Cena or the champion at the time.

See you might be wrong with this. Edge says he's in love with Lita so I think he wants to stay on RAW unless Lita goes with him to SD! but that wouldn't make any sense at all. But I think the WWE doesn't want to have Matt Hardy and Edge on the same roster after all that has happened BUT Matt just went to RAW last year so letting him go to SD! would be a bit weird. Hmmm...

Guest Museite
Nothing surprises these days. If they stick Hassan in it, then we have 7. It would be interesting to see more than one ladder. Did E&C ever do a Con-Ladder-To? I'd mark for that

Awesomeness