TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

Championship Week

No I'm not resentful of anything. I just don't understand how you can pimp them like they're going to win the national title. They aren't that good and they had a sloppy turnover fest against VT today.

The Top 3 in the ACC, Big East, and Big XII would easily dispatch them.

Holy Cross made a late run, but Bucknell held on to win the Patriot League championship, 61-57.

Bucknell could be dangerous for a 3 or 4 seed somewhere, given they went into Pitt and got a win back in December.

Notes from the evening session:

- Iowa upset MSU and likely earned their way into the dance.

- WVU upset Villanova and became the first 8 seed ever to make the Big East finals.

- NC State crushed Wake Forest and are a lock for the NCAAs. Wake is now slightly questionable for a #1 seed.

- Illinois coach Bruce Weber's mother passed away today. Unknown whether Weber will coach the rest of the Big 10 tournament.

UCONN is having the same troubles it did last night, with a very pathetic offensive performance. Beside the fact were getting smashed everytime we get the ball inside, and beside the fact were shotting bad outside, I THINK we still have a chance.

I about shit a brick listening to Carolina/Clemson on my car radio.

They might have a little troule with the winner of the two Techs after only winning by a cunt hair over Clemson. Then again, they could blow them out like they did in the regular season.

Let's not get carried away. For some reason, Roy had Sean May on the bench nearly the entire second half. They rallied when they needed to and that's all that matters.

Every single bar in Chapel Hill was packed today for the game. I can't wait for the tournament.

Question, as I'm not good at this stuff.

Does UCONN still have a three seed for the tourney, or does this bump then down?

This loss in and of itself shouldn't knock them down. They're either a 3 or a strong 4.

Here are the likely bubble candidates as of right now, all competing for four spots:

Buffalo

DePaul

George Washington

Holy Cross

Maryland

Miami (OH)

New Mexico

Northern Iowa

Notre Dame

Ohio

Saint Joseph's

UAB

UTEP

Wichita State

Keep in mind, either Buffalo or Ohio will get in as the MAC representative, and either St. Joe's or GW will come out of the Atlantic 10. Who gets in, and why?

On one hand I kinda wanted Temple/St. Joes again but then again I detest Temple with a passion so anytime they job to someone it's good by me.

Oh great, U of L has fucking MEMPHIS yet again today for the CUSA title. This makes me sick, it really does. It's our last game in CUSA before going to the BE, Memphis is playing at home and for a shot to get in the tourney....gee, you THINK we'll get screwed in that one? It'll make that IU/Wisconsin game seem legit by comparison.

No I'm not resentful of anything. I just don't understand how you can pimp them like they're going to win the national title. They aren't that good and they had a sloppy turnover fest against VT today.

The Top 3 in the ACC, Big East, and Big XII would easily dispatch them.

Most everyone on ESPN seems to say that was a good game for Tech, because they started to look like they're gelling again. Tech doesn't (unless Luuuuuke gets in the groove) have it to go all the way, but they're on 7 or 8 seed that's going to be exceptionally dangerous.

You seem to have something against GT.

Oh great, U of L has fucking MEMPHIS yet again today for the CUSA title. This makes me sick, it really does. It's our last game in CUSA before going to the BE, Memphis is playing at home and for a shot to get in the tourney....gee, you THINK we'll get screwed in that one? It'll make that IU/Wisconsin game seem legit by comparison.

The refs usually screw over Memphis- you have nothing to worry about

Guest Shadow

I think George Washington takes the Atlantic 10 over St. Joes with Ohio taking the MAC.

I will say MOH, St. Joes, UAB and Norte Dame(we always have that one WHY THE HELL ARE THEY IN THERE?!? team and this will be this years).

reasoning for the other 3? Bias. UAB is in CUSA and Im a Bearcat fan so I want more CUSA reps, St. Joes just because I love Martelli and MOH because its my alma matter of 5 months.

What a finish! I feel sorry for Washington Junior, that poor dude is going to spend the rest of his life thinking about that one minute where he could've won it all.

But Louisville will take an Absoulte C-USA Title to the New Big East Next Year. I bet the front offices of CUSA are probably fucking pissed right now.

I think Washington will rebound. He had a terrific second half and was just exhausted. I'm not making excuses for him since I kinda want to kill him right now- but if they can do well in the NIT- he'll be all set to dominate next year.

Great game, no animosity towards Louisville- but this ALWAYS happens to Memphis

I think Washington will rebound. He had a terrific second half and was just exhausted. I'm not making excuses for him since I kinda want to kill him right now- but if they can do well in the NIT- he'll be all set to dominate next year.

Great game, no animosity towards Louisville- but this ALWAYS happens to Memphis

Even though I was cheering for Louisville, I can't laugh at Washington, that's gotta hurt so damn much. Though I think this will humble him, and probably will give him such a fire that Memphis will be so damn strong next year.

In Hindsight, I feel sorry for every other school that will still be in, or coming into CUSA next year. Think they have a shot of running the Table in that conferece?

And also. Who else looking forward to G-Washington Vs. St. Joseph's?

This will be a very interesting final, cause the A-10 usually gets 3 Teams in on average, but this has been a nightmare year for that conference, THIS may be the only bid that leauge gets. Both teams will be fighting for their lives here.

It's Memphis so no. (I know I sound like a horrible fan but that's the truth)

UTEP is a good team that might be going to the tourney or at least a strong NIT team and Rice also had a good season. Plus UAB is staying and they had a strong year.

But if Washington can bounce back and have a great NIT- I think next year could be the year for Memphis to shine.

When do they start recruiting and all of that?