TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The OFFICIAL All-Time Draft Thread

Guest LooneyTune

Whenever someone is bad mouthing TNA, Slapnuts is on all the time no matter what, but when he's gotta do something else (pfft).

(sucks teeth)

Pawtucket Red Sox select SP "Big" Ed Walsh the career leader in ERA.

Grrr....

I was hoping nobody would notice him....

Good pick, though, Harley.

Here's a second idea I have. We hold an AIM chat and run a few rounds at a time. If anyone cannot make it, they can form a list of about 10-15 players. I'll autodraft for the people missing.

Here's a second idea I have. We hold an AIM chat and run a few rounds at a time. If anyone cannot make it, they can form a list of about 10-15 players. I'll autodraft for the people missing.

Definitely. I know out of nogoodnic, bravesfan and I... one of us will be avaliable.

Is it available or avaliable... I'm too lazy to check a dictionary.

Guest Failed Mascot

I'm surprised Cy Young, Bob Gibson, and Sandy Koufax lasted that long.

Guest Failed Mascot

How could you take Randy Johnson or Nolan Ryan over one of those 3 though?

How could you take Randy Johnson or Nolan Ryan over one of those 3 though?

More widely known by people in their late teens to early twenties.

not to mention Nolan does have the record for career strikeouts and Randy Johnson is close if not in Nolan's range for strikeouts. This probably factored in the picks.

I was asking myself the same thing, FM, about Cy Young, and waited patiently for someone to take him. I mean he's only the man the award for pitching excellence is named after...I was really hoping Sandy Koufax would slip by too, but oh well...

Oh and Al, I'm def. up for an AIM chat with decent notice.

I had "resigned" (thats a stretch) myself to take Bob Gibson because I was SURE Koufax would be gonezo... but I was fortunate to get him.

Hey Keip... lets not schedule any games on Yom Kippur, ok?

Guest Failed Mascot

Verne, you can still draft Carl Everret, Jose Canseco, and others~

I was asking myself the same thing, FM, about Cy Young, and waited patiently for someone to take him. I mean he's only the man the award for pitching excellence is named after...I was really hoping Sandy Koufax would slip by too, but oh well...

Keep in mind though that Young was pitching in an era that largely utilized 3 man rotations, which padded his career wins and losses. The years that he started 35 or so games he had records of 18-19, 13-21, 21-11, and 19-15. Those aren't exactly spectacular although one could argue the fact that he was 38+ in age had to do with that. Again though, a guy who starts 45+ a season has a good chance at winning 25-30 games a season. Could you imagine how great Pedro Martinez would be W-L wise if he started every 4th game?

Keep in mind though that Young was pitching in an era that largely utilized 3 man rotations, which padded his career wins and losses. The years that he started 35 or so games he had records of 18-19, 13-21, 21-11, and 19-15. Those aren't exactly spectacular although one could argue the fact that he was 38+ in age had to do with that. Again though, a guy who starts 45+ a season has a good chance at winning 25-30 games a season. Could you imagine how great Pedro Martinez would be W-L wise if he started every 4th game?

Al said he's using a players best seasons, with some slight adjustments. So, it's going to be Cy Young in his prime.

Al said he's using a players best seasons, with some slight adjustments. So, it's going to be Cy Young in his prime.

Yes, but could he hold up in today's game? That's the big question. I think Young is actually underrated, as his prime occured during one of the biggest eras for run production, from 1893-7. Fantastic control pitcher who led the league in BB/9 14 times.