TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Hilarious wrestler stories.

Today I was reminded of the infamous "Plastic Scissors vs Squeegee" hotel fight between Sid and Arn Anderson (or was it Brian Pillman?) and it just put a smile on my face seeing a huge guy like Sid back down from a fight against a man half his size.

Another funny one I remember was Jim Duggan getting arressted for marijuana on the 80's. Of all people, I wouldn't expect Duggan to get caught.

And didn't a wrestler set fire to a McDonald's counter once? That must have been crazy.

Anyone got any good ones?

Today I was reminded of the infamous "Plastic Scissors vs Squeegee" hotel fight between Sid and Arn Anderson (or was it Brian Pillman?) and it just put a smile on my face seeing a huge guy like Sid back down from a fight against a man half his size.

Another funny one I remember was Jim Duggan getting arressted for marijuana on the 80's. Of all people, I wouldn't expect Duggan to get caught.

And didn't a wrestler set fire to a McDonald's counter once? That must have been crazy.

Anyone got any good ones?

The funy thing abotu Duggan was that he arrested along with The iron Shiek, that had to be a schock if some young marks heard that (and unheard of in the 80s when kayfabe still existed). The man who destroyed the MCdonalds was Ken Patera (he threw a big boulder through the window I believe after they refused to serve him food cuz they were closing) He actually went to jail for an extended time for resisting arrest and fighting with the police as well as destruction of property/vandalism (his jail time somehow served as a face turn when came back to the wwf and heenan his old manager disowned him)

Guest LooneyTune

For the Sid/Arn incident...

Sid had an inflated ego because he was being set for a World Title run, but he just ended up pissing Arn Anderson off, and they eventually got into a far in some hotel lobby/bar. Later on, they fought again in the hotel, except now both men were stabbing each other with scissors. Arn was suspended for quite a few months and Sid (the instigator I believe) was fired soon after.

As for the squegee fight... Pillman owned Sid in some kind of confrontation (I forgot if physical or verbal), so Sid left to get himself a weapon... and it ended up being that. Nothing came out of it in terms of punishment I don't think.

Guest The Mandingo Warrior

I will never forget the infamous Duggan Wrestlemania 5 snot match with Bad News Brown... :D

Duggans dildo blender always manages to crack me up, mainly because I can see him saying to the ring rat who sat on it "Sit on the dildo blender tough gal!" and shouting out "Hooooooooooooooooo" the second she climaxes :lol:

The McDonald's incident was Patera. Something like after a show, he and Mr. Saito went to Mickey D's, they were closed, Patera got pissed and yelled "I'm hungry, you fuckers, open up!" He then proceeded to throw a cinder block at the window, breaking it.

Was that really why he got locked up, or were there other more serious charges, like they found dope on him or something?

Jim Cornette and the Dairy Queen story.

I have a tape of the incident in question. It's absolutely hilarious watching Cornette storm out of the van, charge around to the window, yank it open, and stick is head in before cussing like crazy at the staff.

The Saito-Patera story:

It was really late, like 2am, and they wanted something to eat. They went to the McDonalds and, because they saw staff in there clearing up, wanted to be served. The staff refused, becasue they were closed. Patera wound up hurling a boulder through a window of the restaurant, causing the staff to call the cops. Patera and Saito fled the scene and went back to their hotel. The cops caught up with them, and in the ensuing struggle to arrest them, a dozen or so cops got involved, and Patera broke the leg of a female officer.

Jim Cornette and the Dairy Queen story.

I have a tape of the incident in question. It's absolutely hilarious watching Cornette storm out of the van, charge around to the window, yank it open, and stick is head in before cussing like crazy at the staff.

The Saito-Patera story:

It was really late, like 2am, and they wanted something to eat. They went to the McDonalds and, because they saw staff in there clearing up, wanted to be served. The staff refused, becasue they were closed. Patera wound up hurling a boulder through a window of the restaurant, causing the staff to call the cops. Patera and Saito fled the scene and went back to their hotel. The cops caught up with them, and in the ensuing struggle to arrest them, a dozen or so cops got involved, and Patera broke the leg of a female officer.

Uh...yeah, that'll get you hard time.

Now that you mention it, I do remember the assault on officers charge now.

Guest Stunt Granny

I remember some story about Hennig having a stomach virus or something and took a shit under the ring mid match. The Warrior caught a whiff of it and ran to the back to throw up.

Guest LooneyTune

I'll get it out of the way fast: During a match vs. Undertaker, Sid shat his pants and they went to the finish about 5 seconds later. No, it wasn't at Wrestlemania 13.

Guest Fook
I remember some story about Hennig having a stomach virus or something and took a shit under the ring mid match. The Warrior caught a whiff of it and ran to the back to throw up.

I heard that was a planned rib on Warrior. In WCW when he would "appear" from a cloud of smoke, he was just coming out from under the ring where he would be hiding. The story was that Hennig shit in a bucket and put it under the ring before the show so Warrior would have to stay under the ring until his cue with a lovely smell to keep him company.

Guest Sturgis
The Saito-Patera story:

They were also on cocaine at the time. Don't think the cops found it.

I heard a story about during a huge snow storm in Toronto (I think?) Edge, Christian, Jericho, and I think the Hardys were stuck in the hotel not doing anything cause everything was cancelled...I guess they all got bored and jumped out of the window into this huge ass snowbank outside without their shirts on or something.

Don't ask where I heard it from.

In an interview I heard with Marty Jannetty he tells a story about he, the Iron Shiek, and a rat that Marty was fucking at the time. Here it goes:

WWF comes to town and Marty meets up with his local rat, but since he's already fucked her a bunch of times he asks Shiek to watch her so he could go off and scout new talent. Marty finds a new girl and takes her back to his hotel room. Then the cops start banging on the door an ask him where Khosrow (whatever SHiek's real last name is) is, Marty says he doesn't know. He looks out the window only to see his rat on a stretcher getting put in a an abulance and a bunch of police cars. So Marty runs down to Shiek's room and asks what happened. Shiek says that girl was tired so he gave her coke, then the girl said she was thristy so he gave her booze, and so on. The girl then starts to ask where Marty is and Shiek flips out saying "fuck Marty Jannetty!" "Did Marty give you coke?" Did Marty give you (whatever?" Marty says, "OK, Shiek but why is she in an abulance?" Shiek says that he gave her a short clothesline." Marty says, "What?" "Mahhty, SHiek give her a short clothesline but she moved." Marty, "she moved?" "Yes, Mahhty she moved, she doesn't know how to work."

Here's the link, I really can't do the story any justice.

http://www.wrestlingepicenter.com/shows/MartyJannetty/

He also tells some funny stories about Shawn being a bitch about dropping the IC belt to him and getting him fired from the WWF. The interview is definately worth listening to. If you decide to listen to the first part fast forward about an hour. Believe me you do not want to listen the two schmucks who host the show talk about WM 20 for an hour.

I heard that was a planned rib on Warrior. In WCW when he would "appear" from a cloud of smoke, he was just coming out from under the ring where he would be hiding. The story was that Hennig shit in a bucket and put it under the ring before the show so Warrior would have to stay under the ring until his cue with a lovely smell to keep him company.

The bucket was supposed to be under the ring, cuz warrior would have to hide under there for a long time, in case he had to pee they had a bucket.

I heard that hennig was hiding under the ring in order to do a run in, and pooped in the pee bucket. then warrior was under there and saw it

Im probably wrong though, but at least we know why theyre was a bucket under the ring (probably the same thing for sting when he had to wait in the rafters sometimes close to 4 hours.

Shawn told a story on confidential about how the rockers first came into the wwf and got fired after liek one show. They went to a bar and got in a fight or somethin with soem other wrestlers, who stooged on them to vince and made up some bs story. Vince called Shawn and Marty for a meeting, and told them "See these boots? theyre made for walking" and vince promplty fired them on the spot.

They were rehired months later.

now thats funny

Guest LooneyTune

Jimmy Jack Funk pretty much was the one responsible, because Shawn was hitting on someone he was with or trying to get himself in a bar one night, which Jannetty explains more deep in his shoot interview. Also, JJ Funk got most of the locker room against the Rockers, by saying the two were there to take "blah blahs" spot on the card.

The whole situation was anything but funny, considering a JTTS got them fired for no reason.

thanks for the info. loon.

No its not funny that they got fired , but the fact that vince said the boots thing was funny to me. Shawn and Marty thought he was joking but he was dead serious.

I'm sure Shawn is laughing at Jimmy now

Guest LooneyTune

Whatever happend to the "crazy" Funk? I think he was wrestling in Memphis or something after his run in WWF, then disappeared.

You might be thinking about a completely different incident than the Patera one. In Japan one time back in the 80s, the British Bulldogs and Gypsy Joe went to a McDonalds to get something to eat before a show. For some reason they didn't have any of the Japanese workers with them, and the Bulldogs were afraid that they wouldn't be able to tell the McEmployees what they wanted to eat. Gypsy claimed that he could speak Japanese, and then proceeded to order a "Big-o Mac-o with frie-os". Dynamite Kid, being a sociopath, decided it would be funny to get even by setting Gypsy's jacket on fire with his lighter. So he did.

Gypsy: "And I look down, and I'm on fire." (Much funnier if you've ever heard Joe talk and can imagine him saying it.)

Not necessarily hilarious, but more sad, when Nidia was interviewed shortly after she was cut, she said that her and many of the Tough Enough 1 Contestants did not realize wrestling was a work until they started filming the show. She was "freaked out" by this. I don't know if she was kidding or not, but if she was serious, that is funny for all the wrong reasons.