TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

2005 ECWA Super 8 Field Announced

Ripped from Observer:

ECWA at its show tonight announced the participants for the 2005 Super 8 tournament, which takes place on 4/9 in Newark, DE at the Greater Newark Boys & Girls Club:

Eric Matlock (Southern California)

Alex Shelley

Puma (Southern California)

Rory Fox (HWA/Former star of MTV documentary)

Andrew Ryker

Tyson Dux (Ontario)

Petey Williams (TNA)

J.J. Perez (All Pro Wrestling/Northern California)

--------------------

I like Shelley, Dux, and Petey, but the other guys I just have no idea about. And I know it's the original and everything, but with so many juniors out there right now this tourney just doesn't seem to mean as much as it used to.

Guest Deadbolt

Personally, I would like to see Puma or Alex Shelley win this one. Puma has been getting a serious push in New Japan and is one of the best Juniours in America today, He's a improving talent and winning this could make him big. Shelley is a pretty big name in the indy scene already but winning this will really shove him up.

Anyone think there's still a chance of Alex Shelley working his way back up to the RoH main event?

Anyone think there's still a chance of Alex Shelley working his way back up to the RoH main event?

I'd say so, especially now that he's no longer with TNA. I'd expect the Alex Shelley push to be back on track soon, they already have an obvious feud with Aries/Generation Next to capitalise on, he's over with the crowd and always has good matches, the only reason he might not is that the ROH roster is getting awfully crowded lately and they can't push everyone, especially with guys like Spanky and Gibson coming in and taking spots high on the card, not to mention the rumored return of Daniels and Styles who would both take main event spots right away.

Guest bort

I like the way Super 8 roster this year. The super 8 to me is about finding the next big indy guy, last year it had soo many names in it that none really moved up due to there performance. Shelly and Petey are this years name guys, Puma and Dux are the fly ins and the rest are up and commers.

Guest Sturgis

I think Shelly's gonna win it. I was at the show last night and when his name came up on the screen it got a HUGE pop.