TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
algrim

Bret Hart to be in LA during WM 21 weekend

Pete Rose is always signing autographs, near Cooperstown the week of the induction ceremonies, and know one thinks he'll make a suprise return to baseball.

So....is Bret being inducted into the Baseball Celebrity Hall of Fame wing?

Yep - I remember some dick letting any wrestling fan near the Rockefeller centre know that he saw Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, and Dean Malenko walk down 5th Avenue.

What was more sad was seeing wrestling fans wet their pants at the thought of it and hunt them down.

Heh. Well, I wound up across the street from the hotel the WWE booked up for WM, so I spent all hours of the night with a bunch of other people running around the block of the hotel towards various exits trying to see wrestlers up close. Midcarders and jobbers would actually stop and meet with you. Big names were almost nonexistant, although I did see Rock packing a limo.

This year, I'd bet real money they're staying at The Westin Bonaventure in downtown LA, just a few buildings away from US Bank Library Tower (the tallest building in the downtown skyscraper chain, also known as "that building the aliens blew up in Independence Day with the glass top.")

This hotel has been sold straight the fuck out since reservations for the Mania date even showed up, and hotel rooms around town, even close to the arena, have been available late in the game, so I don't think the Westin filled up with overager fans, if you get my drift.

Anyone who will be more mobile than I am in downtown LA may want to pass by the Westin (the building looks like this) and see if there's an unusually large crowd outside the doors. If there is, that would practically clinch it.