TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

College 3-Point Line...

I've heard a few people talking about the 3-point line and how it is too close in college basketball. After watching tons of basketball these past 3 weeks or so, I've noticed it is a tad bit close.

So do you think it should be moved back some? To where the NBA line is?

Discuss.

Guest Flyboy

I wouldn't say move it to NBA range, but it definitely needs to be moved back some. I believe it's the same length of the high-school 3-pt line.. someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

believe it's the same length of the high-school 3-pt line.. someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

It is.

This UFC team has hit like 10 threes already, its the only reason there in this game

And it is really annoying me.

They just said they will be in Conference USA next year, so they won't be a "mid-major" anymore. Actually, Conference USA is losing all of their good teams so they might become a "mid-major."

Agreed. I know a Div 3 (Yeah, I go to a small school) school called Tri-State in Indiana whose offense COMPLETELY revolves around scoring three pointers and playing full court press defense. It is the most utterly alien thing to watch: They have to score like, 20 three pointers a game, yet they lack ANY sort of offensive penetration. They have trouble with layups.

I never heard any even semi-serious discussion about moving the line closer. I could see moving it back a few inches, but I think that for the most part, it's OK where it is now. If you play good perimeter defense, you won't have a big problem.

What's ridiculous is if you look at tape from when Jordan was in school. They had the three point line inside the circle, to where a 3 pointer was a glorified free throw. I'm surprised that they even attempted 2 pointers that year.

Move it back to the same distance as the international 3-point line. Heck, universities here in Canada (in the CIS) use that distance for a 3-point line. No reason why the NCAA can't.

Where did you hear that from?

PTI a couple weeks ago.

Bah, half of the stuff that comes out of Tony and Michael's mouth is crap.

But I still love the show.

No, I think it was his sophomore year where they were "experimenting" with it, and it was about two feet closer then where it is now. It was completely ridiculous.

Damn NIT got started early this morning. I was really looking forward to watching Cold Pizza, so that I could hear Woody Paige rub it in about how Vermont beat Syracuse when he guaranteed it, and Skip Bayless said there was no way in hell it woud happen.

That's not really relevant to this topic, but I thought of checking for it when you were talking about PTI.

Anything that makes Woody right over Skip is a positive in my book.

Cold Pizza with Woody Paige= watchable

without Woody Paige= incredibly painful

Why? Because I can honestly believe someone like Woody would eat cold pizza first thing in the morning. The rest of them...I have trouble believing they don't wear napkins and use forks for toast.

Oh, I only watch the show for Woody Paige. 1st and Ten is the only segment I ever care about, and I'm 90% sure that Skip Bayless's purpose on the show is to be obnoxious and self-righteous so that you can enjoy seeing Woody knock him down.