TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exslade ZX

Create a Tag Division

So, like the title says, create a tag division.

What people in the WWE (or OVW) currently, do you think should be put in, and pushed as an actual tag team. Or, even if they're an existing tag team (Hurricane and Rosey) How should they be pushed better?

What about dropping the tag team division for a 6 man division?

Shelton & Haas & Angle

HBK & London & Marty Jennenty :)

Snitsky & Hedendiech & generic hoss #3

Christian & Edge & Tomko

Dean & Maven & Masters

3 Tough Enough losers MNM + Puder

Bashems & Orlando Jordan

Los Guerreros & Rey Mysterio

Benoit & Jericho & Val Venis

Muhammand & Davari & Robert Conway

Dupree & Greener & generic Queber #3

What about dropping the tag team division for a 6 man division?

Shelton & Haas & Angle

HBK & London & Marty Jennenty :)

Snitsky & Hedendiech & generic hoss #3

Christian & Edge & Tomko

Dean & Maven & Masters

3 Tough Enough losers MNM + Puder

Bashems & Orlando Jordan

Los Guerreros & Rey Mysterio

Benoit & Jericho & Val Venis

Muhammand & Davari & Robert Conway

Dupree & Greener & generic Queber #3

This is laughable, they have enough problems making a two person team let alone, a three person team.

More people would be on tv, what is laughable is the fact that there is never 4 teams in a division so why not just make them 3 man tag teams instead of the usual 2?

Guest Dazed
More people would be on tv, what is laughable is the fact that there is never 4 teams in a division so why not just make them 3 man tag teams instead of the usual 2?

4 x 3 man team = 12 wrestlers

6 x 2 man team = 12 wrestlers

Much better to have a division with depth, and so many of the teams you suggest look like the third man has just been thrown on to make up the numbers.

I'd throw the whole tag division onto one show. Probably Raw, and have the cruisers and women on SmackDown. Or the other way, I really don't care. They're spreading themselves way too thin at the moment, may as well have all the established (as in, all 4) teams together.

Tag team wrestling is dead because the only reason they have mix-n-match teams is to split them up in less than 2 months or to have the never ending feud with the Dudleys. There are only 2 real tag teams in WWE in La Resistence and the Bashems. In the case of La Resistence they get stale quick because they only feud which various mix-n-match tag teams which will most likely be split up for a solo feud......rinse and repeat.

Guest JMA

Raw Teams:

The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty)

Lords of the Ring (Rob Conway and Nick Dinsmore--once he ditches the Eugene gimmick)

Tajiri and William Regal

Muhammed Hassan and Khosrow Daivari

MNM (Joey Matthews and Johnny Nitro w/ Melina)

Hurricane and Rosey

Steven Richards and Simon Dean (I'd also try to hire the Blue Meanie back and have him claim that Dean's "Simon System" caused his weight loss--Dean, Richards, and Meanie would thus be a three man stable)

Christian and Matt Morgan (I see Morgan as being a better bodyguard for Christian than Tomko is--needless to say, this team wouldn't have as many matches since Christian will be getting pushed in this scenario)

The Shane Twins (Michael and Todd Shane)

Masterpiece Machine (Chris "The Masterpiece" Masters and Doug "The Machine" Basham)

Smackdown Teams:

Money Inc. (JBL and Chief Morley)

Team Cool (Carlito and Jesus)

La Resistance (Rene Dupree and Sylvain Grenier)

The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray, D-Von, and Spike)

The East Coast Connection (Nunzio and Danny Inferno)

The Young Lions (Paul London and Johnny Jeter)

Shannon Moore and Matt Capotelli

The Disciples of Synn (Seven and Bane w/ Synn)

Charlie Haas and Orlando Jordan

Mark Jindrak and Billy Kidman

Ok...

Raw:

Hurricane/Shannon Moore (traded)

Stevie Richards/Simon Dean

M-N-M

The Peeps (Tyson Tomko/Kevin "Mordecai" Fertig [aka the Disciples of Synn in OVW])

La Resistance

The Rockers (occasionally)

Regal/Tajiri

Edge/Christian (occasionally)

Hassan/Daivari

Smackdown:

Bashams

The Heartbreakers

The Thrillseekers (Jeter and Capptoelli)

The Dudleys

The Basham Brothers

Holly/Haas

Cade/Jindrak

Carlito/Jesus

RVD/Rey Misterio

Dupree/Nunzio

I'd have HBK/Jannety win the tag team titles at Backlash.

And after the Sumo Match, I'd have Akebono and Big Show do the mutual respect bit, then win the tag team titles in the near future. Please, don't tell me there's anything better going on anywhere else for Tag Team stuff in the WWE (and trust me, Eddie/Rey has been more intresting as a singles feud then as a tag team.)

Guest Tjhe CyNick

One of the main problems is that they break up teams way too quickly.

I thought WGTT should ahve stayed together another year and dominate which ever show they were on, then have them split up. I think another year would have done both guys a world of good in terms of becoming established stars.

The other thing they should do is have more multi-team tag matches on TV. If you have a tag title match, and also have a 4 way tag match, say for a #1 contenders spot, that gets 6 teams on TV. Sure they'll be rushed, but at least they'll get exposure, and that would give them more teams to put in the tag title programs.

But they just dont care about the division, not that its a huge deal, but a good tag division can really help solidify a roster.

I'd have HBK/Jannety win the tag team titles at Backlash.

And after the Sumo Match, I'd have Akebono and Big Show do the mutual respect bit, then win the tag team titles in the near future. Please, don't tell me there's anything better going on anywhere else for Tag Team stuff in the WWE (and trust me, Eddie/Rey has been more intresting as a singles feud then as a tag team.)

Although Akebono probably sucks in the ring I would actually like to see this happen. Fans would love those two giants dominating the tag title division until they finally ditch Akebono. But why not do another "Armaggedon" tag team and let them hold on to the tag titles for a while.

Raw Tag Teams:

Simon Dean & Maven

La Rez

Hurricane & Rosey

Regal & Eugene

Tajiri & Rhyno

Have those as the permenant teams. The following should be used sporadically if needed.

Hassan & Daivari (If another heel tag team is needed)

E & C (To give the tag team ranks a bit of star power)

The Rockers ( Same reason as E & C)

These are more or less all exisiting tag teams that could very easily be made use of.

Smackdown Tag Teams:

The Dudleys

The Bashams

Heidenreich & Snitters (Traded after Mania)

Chavo & Haas

Akio & Kidman

MNM

Ocassionally:

Rey & Eddie

My logic with Akebono/Big Show is Big Show probably isn't going to do much after Mania, and I'd much rather see Akebono (if they keep him around) in a tag team then in singles competition. Considering he's way past his prime and has two bad knees (and the obvious overweight deal comparing to other athletes), he certainly wouldn't be the most exciting singles guy. Tag teaming would make things fresh and they could easily be built as the most dominant tag team ever.

I should be slapped for not mentioning MNM because they will be the future of tag team wrestling if they aren't broken up. They HAVE to go to Raw, but knowing the WWE they'll throw them on SD to die.

Raw Tag Teams:

Maven & Steven Richards (aka... THE MEN IN PINK)

Simon Dean & Val Venis

La Rez

Hurricane & Rosey

Regal & Eugene

Tajiri & Rhyno

Hassan & Davari

Smackdown Tag Teams:

The Dudleys

The Bashams

Holly & Haas

Akio & Kidman

Big Show & Akebono

Moore & Jannetty

MNM

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

They have to put Heidenreich and Snitsky together after the draft. And they have to dominate whichever show they're on.

This would be my ideal, post-draft scenario. First off, I'd split La Rez up and send Conway to Smackdown as a solo, and I feel that Hurricane and Rosey could be getting gimmick makeovers soon for some reason (it's long overdue).

RAW:

Val Venis/Chris Masters

Christian/Tomko

The Rockers

Benoit/Jericho (unless Jericho gets traded to SD! post WM, which is something I hope for).

The Shane Twins

Snitsky/Heidenreich

Smackdown:

Dudley Boyz

MNM

Eddie Guerrero/Rey Mysterio

The Bashams

Super Crazy (if signed) and Psicosis

Chavo and Akio (or Kidman and Akio...see below).

Charlie Haas and Paul London (new version of WGTT).

(note: if Crazy does not sign, I'd have Chavo and Psicosis, then Kidman and Akio as teams).

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure I could think of some more, even better teams to form, but I'm aiming for using either established teams, or actual possibilities (re: guys with nothing better to do).