TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

Idea: Make the Women's and Cruiser titles

Let's face it, the women's division on RAW is dead as fuck. There are trained women, however, on SmackDown!. Therefore, to ensure the title doesn't become totally meaningless, I propose the Women's title revert to its status from April-August 2002: namely, an interbrand title.

Of course, to do this for the Women's title alone would give away the fact that the division is dead. Therefore, I suggest that SmackDown!'s exclusive title - the Cruiserweight title - become an interbrand title as well. That way, both brands have 3 brand-exclusive titles and 2 floating titles.

What do you think?

I see both positives and negatives.

Positive: This would give guys like Hurricane and Tajiri real titles to shoot for.

Negative: The CW champion would have to do a crazy amount of traveling.

Yeah, the travel and tv time needed on both shows to keep the divisions fresh wouldn't amount to anything. You'd improve the roster of the cruiserweights but the women's division is currently beyond repair till they do some call ups.

Unless you think Torrie and Jackie are really going to improve it much.

Guest Dazed

The women's division doesn't draw, and has never drawn. Have you ever cared about a women's match, to the extent that it's a dealbreaker on a $35 PPV?

Not that the T'n'A divas are worthwhile, but they, as much as I hate to say it, have more use on the shows. There's too many of them now, though, and they are far too generic to be useful, but having a couple of hot women around never hurt the shows. When it gets to the stage that we were at last summer, with the Diva Search taking up 30+ minutes on some shows, that's when there's a problem.

I like looking at hot women, but there's only so long I can do it before I want them to take their clothes off or go away. And sadly, neither is likely.

Wasn't the Women's title interbrand originally?

Yes.

Then one day, Bischoff ranted that "nobody cares about women's wrestling" (the original Raw Roulette ep, IIRC).

So then, logically :huh:--the title became Raw exclusive. No explanation given at all. It just was.

It makes even less sense than the Brock exclusivity bullshit.

Just drop the women's title, there's no point anymore, they either cut or ignore all the actual workers. T&A fighting over a belt is the stupidest thing possible, just have em fight over Playboy contracts and dates with male wrestlers.

The cruiserweight title, the sad thing is that "EXCLUSIVE TO SD!" was supposed to mean something when the split started, it was supposed to be one of the major differences between the brands, with SD leaning towards sports and RAW towards entertainment, but we know how well that idea turned out. So yeah, have it defended on both shows, at least Maven would be useful and maybe Hurricane could get out of J.O.B. Squad hell

Looks like that title will be forgotten about for a year or so.

I figured it would work because it would give the SmackDown! Divas a purpose, at least. Think about it in storyline terms: these women don't manage anyone, only wrestle once every few months, and seem to have been hired solely to do bikini contests and photo shoots. Logically, what reason do they have to have jobs? I figure if they do battle for the Women's title at least there is a reason behind having Dawn Marie face Michelle McCool in a bikini match or whatever.

Also, I don't think travel would be an issue, since the Women's title is almost never defended on TV. I'd expect the champ to alternate every week or so with a brand, switching over on Sunday/Monday so she can be on either RAW or SmackDown! that week. I'm assuming that the title won't be booked on both RAW and SmackDown! in the same week, which I think is a fair assumption.