TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jobber of the Week

Ever wondered how they do video packages

Apple's web site has an article about the A/V guys at WWE and the tools and resources they use to put together the on-air effects. Still no answer to my burning question, though: How can they put together those End-Of-Mania packages so quickly?

Article sure is kind of blunt, though: “RAW,” “SmackDown!” and “Royal Rumble” are the kind of titles that make people dive for cover — or the remote, depending on the audience.

The same way the Academy Awards do a "best of" retrospective at the end of the night. Somewhere there's a semi trailer filled with editors, who feverishly work with computers throughout the length of the show to capture the obvious best moments.

Guest jumpingbombangel
The same way the Academy Awards do a "best of" retrospective at the end of the night. Somewhere there's a semi trailer filled with editors, who feverishly work with computers throughout the length of the show to capture the obvious best moments.

Yeah, those are the people that often get thanked ("and let's thank those guys in the trailer") but not often enough on such shows. They really do a lot of hard work.

Cool stuff. I'm a video production major and use Final Cut Pro. That shit will fry your brain. It is so involved and often times tedious that I get fed up after a certain amount of time. hehe

Final Cut is a hell of a program. I remember Sophomore year of high school we got that in my Video Production class and the teacher didn't know how to use it. I had to teach myself, then teach her, then teach the rest of the class. Video Production teachers are basically worthless.

Final Cut is a hell of a program. I remember Sophomore year of high school we got that in my Video Production class and the teacher didn't know how to use it. I had to teach myself, then teach her, then teach the rest of the class. Video Production teachers are basically worthless.

My video production class senior year, we didn't even have computer editing programs. We did everything on VHS, which is an unbelievable pain in the nuts.