TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Sunday Night Heat thread for 4/17/05

Val has another solid match on Heat, this time with Big Vis.

Apparently Punk is called Chad Collyer (another midwest indy guy) tonight, and his TAG TEAM is called "CM Punk".

Yeah, I noticed that, becuase we get Heat a day and a half earlier than you guys. Terrible announcing on the part of Coach and the other random.

Yeah, I noticed that. I read elsewhere it was Skyfire, but I think he was Masters' job boy on RAW.

Indeed he was, and a good one at that.

Guest LooneyTune

Please tell me Grisham isn't THAT stupid, to call C.M. Punk "Chad Collyer" and their tag team "C.M. Punk." He can't be that stupid, even if he did pronounce "Jushin Liger" wrong.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

I love Grisham. He tries his damn hardest and never gives up.

Guest LooneyTune

If everyone tried as hard as Grisham, WWE would've been destroyed in 1973.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

"Last Chance" shot at the tag titles for La Resistance~!

Interesting booking...

I guess it gives LaRes something to be angry about when they don't get another title shot? Or maybe they break up?

Kinda funny though, with the ref getting on the mic. "Hey La Resistance! I just realized Tajiri wasn't the legal man!"

Guest Hass of Pain

Cool stuff with CM Punk. If I were him I probably wouldn't want to be called Chad Collyer though considering Collyer got axed from his OVW developmental deal without ever being brought up.

Guest Hass of Pain
I hope the Heartbreakers accept the open challenge.

Who?

The OVW Tag Team who are running the homosexual gimmick right now. They actually do it really well too, a lot better than Billy & Chuck did.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
WWE Heat Report.

Airdate: 17/04/2005.

Announcers: Todd Grisham and The Coach.

Viscera .VS. Val Venis

They exchange fists to begin. Viscera attempts a scoop slam, but Val blocks it. Viscera catches him with a clothesline and sets him up in a tree of woe. He then connects with a running BUTT splash in the corner. This time he gets the scoop slam. He whips Venis into the corner, but misses a charge allowing Val to roll him up for a 2 count. Viscera misses a clothesline, but Val connects with a bulldog and he heads up to the top rope. Viscera rolls out of the way before Val takes off so he hops back down. Viscera connects with a spinning heel kick followed by the A-Bomber for the 1-2-3. Very similar to their International Heat match two weeks ago.

Winner: Viscera (3:31).

Simon Dean & Maven .VS. CM Punk & Russell Simpson

This is weird as the opposition is announced as "CM Punk" and Todd at one point says the team is comprised of Chad Collyer and Russell Simpson. It's clearly CM Punk (Pepsi tattoo is a dead giveaway) and Russell Simpson (who has wrestled

twice on this program in the past month). No idea where they pulled Collyer's name from. Before the match, Simon and Maven explain that the reason Austin beat them up is because he is also on the Simon System. They show still images of Austin on the Titantron with Simon Shakes superimposed into the pictures which is kind of funny.

Maven begins with Simpson. Simpson takes the early advantage with an armdrag, fireman's carry and a hiptoss. He applies an armbar and tags in Punk, who applies an armbar of his own. Simon clotheslines Punk from the apron and is now tagged in. Simon connects with a series of knees to the midsection and a suplex for a 2 count. He now connects with a legdrop and follows it up with a headbutt. Tags in Maven, who hits a dropkick for 2. Maven misses a second dropkick attempt. Simon and Simpson both tagged back in. Simpson takes both Simon and Maven down. Maven tagged in. Eventually, they regain control and a double slam allows Maven to cover Simpson for the 1-2-3.

Winners: Simon Dean & Maven (3:14).

William Regal & Tajiri © .VS. La Resistance

This is apparently La Resistance's last title shot as ordered by Eric Bischoff. While that may be a good thing, what teams are left to challenge for them exactly?Resistance attack before the bell even rings. It settles down and we begin with Regal and Conway. Regal with a hiptoss and dropkick to take the ascendancy. Tags Tajiri. Regal with a drop toehold allowing Tajiri to connect with a low dropkick to Conway's head. Spinning heel kick gets a 2 count. Grenier tagged in. Grenier with a sidewalk slam for 2. Conway illegally chokes Tajiri in the corner while the ref is distracted. Conway now tagged in. Conway stomps away in the corner. Grenier now with an illegal choke. Grenier tagged back in and connects with a suplex for 2. Grenier with a headlock, but Tajiri battles out of it. He tags Regal, who hits both La Resistance members with elbows. Regal with a back bodydrop for Conway and a suplex for Grenier. He covers Grenier, but Conway saves at 2. All four men in the ring. Regal and Tajiri work over the La Resistance members in opposite corners. They whip them into each other, and we get a little dose-doe before Regal is clotheslined out of the ring. Au Revoir on Tajiri, Grenier covers, and it's enough for the 1-2-3.

Winners: La Resistance (4:10).

BUT WAIT!!! Regal was the legal man, so this match must be restarted.

Commercials.

Back from the break, and Conway is stomping away on Regal in the corner.

Grenier tagged in. He stomps away in the corner and tags Conway back in. A Hart

Attack only gets a 2 count. Grenier tagged back in. He pounds away as the crowd

starts a Regal chant. Conway tagged back in and snapmares Regal. Conway

applies a chinlock, but Regal powers out. Double clothesline and both men are

down. Grenier and Tajiri tagged in. Tajiri with roundhouse kicks to both Grenier

and Conway. Back handspring elbow for Grenier and a superkick for Conway.

Tajiri applies a tarantula on Grenier. He follows up with a dropkick and cover, but

Conway breaks it up at 2. Regal's complaints distract the ref allowing La

Resistance to get the flagpole. Tajiri moves and Conway hits Grenier with flagpole.

Tajiri sprays Grenier with the mist and follows it with a shining wizard for the 1-2-3.

Winners: William Regal/Tajiri (7:30).

Afterwards, Regal says they have beaten every team in the WWE (that's not saying much) and issues an open challenge.

Well since La Rez lost and cant get another title shot against Tajiri & Regal I guess that means its time to slap together another quicky heel team. Hmmm I think MNM should of been on Raw instead.

Maybe they wanted to rename CM Punk for tonight because they're planning to bring him up on the main roster later, and don't want people to remember the loss.

Then again, that would require more people to watch Heat and care.

Wow the WWE bring up two tag teams in one week? Is it possible that they are trying to better the tag division?

Can someone tell me more about these Heartbreakers, other then they are doing the whole gay gimmick?

Wow the WWE bring up two tag teams in one week? Is it possible that they are trying to better the tag division?

Can someone tell me more about these Heartbreakers, other then they are doing the whole gay gimmick?

They got over so much with it in OVW they had to turn them babyface, right?

I've only seen them in one match, but they're an entertaining group. Lamont, who used to manage the Cat, comes out with them in OVW, don't know if he'll be with them in WWE.