TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs

Guest TheDon

I remember in 1999 when the Knicks played the Hawks in the second round there had to be like 4-5 days in between games. I hate how NBC would structure the NBA playoffs around their time schedule so that the Finals happened once the TV season had ended.

My Playoff thoughts

-Bulls vs Wizards is going to be a hell of a series

-It came to me during the Sonics/Kings game that the team I enjoyed watching play the most this season has been the Seattle Sonics

- Would love to a see a Suns/Sonics conference final

-Memphis needs to let Mike Miller shot the ball every chance he gets versus the Suns

-Detroit is going to destroy everyone in its path

-That the Clippers have a smart coach. Dunleavy went out of his way to kiss Joe Johnson's ass during the telecast last night since he would be a perfect fit for the team. If he wasn't restricted that is the guy I would like the Clips to go after but since he is, they need to go after Hughes or Redd

Last year I recall this really hideous Heat and Hornets series, two jobbers that somehow were the 4/5 matchup and it went 7.  It was just awful, some of the worst games I've ever seen and yet they KEPT PLAYING.

Oh man. That WAS horrid. By Game 6 you wished they would either hit some big gong to automatically end it, or just give them all weapons and whichever team wasn't completely dead could advance.

Hockey, which is more physically taxing than basketball, was usually every other day, and that was acceptable. Also, a seven-game series in the first round could be just as good as one in any other round.

-Czech Republic

Missing the Stanley Cup since 2004

Guest Smues

My memory may be fooling me, but the last year that the first round was 5 games didn't the first round take as long as it does now with 7? I seem to remember the gaps between games being even worse then it is right now.

Guest Vitamin X
Last year I recall this really hideous Heat and Hornets series, two jobbers that somehow were the 4/5 matchup and it went 7.  It was just awful, some of the worst games I've ever seen and yet they KEPT PLAYING.

Oh man. That WAS horrid. By Game 6 you wished they would either hit some big gong to automatically end it, or just give them all weapons and whichever team wasn't completely dead could advance.

Hockey, which is more physically taxing than basketball, was usually every other day, and that was acceptable. Also, a seven-game series in the first round could be just as good as one in any other round.

-Czech Republic

Missing the Stanley Cup since 2004

My friend said that was his favorite series of the playoffs, and kept restating the fact as well. I was like, you're fucking nuts. That Detroit/Nets series was pretty damn good, as was LA/San Antonio, Sacramento/Minnesota, and Detroit/Indiana.

Guest Vitamin X

By the way, this Boston crowd is pretty hot.

And what the FUCK is up with Scot Pollard's hair?

I could've told you Paul Pierce would miss the game winning shot two days ago. Every time Pierce has a great scoring night, they lose. When Pierce doesn't score, they win.

BTW, trade talk for Pierce has already begun.

Guest news_gimmick

Very SICK dunk by McGrady on everyones favorite center Shawn Bradley. Looks like we have a great game in the making as well. Houston is looking like they can take the Mavs so far.

What a coincidence. With Phil Jackson being rumored to be the next Knick head coach, he seems to not like Marbury, and Marbury trade talk has already begun.

Guest news_gimmick

I did see that Phil is meeting with the Knicks, but as they are right now I just don't see Phil taking the job. However I can see Isiah promising to make as many trades as possible to get Phil a contender in New York, so I'm not gonna rule it out yet.

Phil seems to want some control with the personnel as well, so we'll see if Isiah gives in. He likes Crawford's size at the point, likes Kurt Thomas, hates Tim Thomas, loves Trevor Ariza, but thinks Stephon is too short for a PG and won't fit in the triangle. We'll see.

Guest news_gimmick

If thats the case then I can see him possibly going for it. I think he'd definately want to help them move along and would make New York more attractive for players to come to. They still need lots of work though, but as of now I'd think he would rather take that job over returning to the Lakers

Guest news_gimmick
Watch them trade away Marbury and re-structure the team the way Phil likes it, then Jackson signs with Cleveland or some other team.

Eh...I'd say hes about the only one or two of the whole team who will not be used as trade bait. He's still pretty good, I think Phil can teach him to be a winner.

Guest news_gimmick

I could watch that T-Mac dunk over and over again. This is also has been one of Yaos best showings so far.

Guest Vitamin X
Watch them trade away Marbury and re-structure the team the way Phil likes it, then Jackson signs with Cleveland or some other team.

He'd be perfect with Kobe in L.A. if that happened..

Yao has been unstoppable tonight. 10-11 with 27 in the 3rd. Dallas just took a 2 point lead though.

Phil seems to want some control with the personnel as well, so we'll see if Isiah gives in. He likes Crawford's size at the point, likes Kurt Thomas, hates Tim Thomas, loves Trevor Ariza, but thinks Stephon is too short for a PG and won't fit in the triangle. We'll see.

Where are you getting this from?

Guest Flyboy

No, keep underestimating them. I like it better that way.. it's been that way nearly all season.