TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs

I'm baffled as to why anyone outside of MA would want Boston to win this series. The Celtics have no heat whatsoever, if they advance they are a Pistons sweep waiting to happen (ok maybe it goes 5). Pacers/Pistons would at least be a blood feud.

Stern has it all taken care of, don't worry.

Guest Vitamin X

Man couldn't they have put the Detroit-Philly game and the Seattle-Sacto games on at the same time instead? Sonics-Kings is so incredibly boring.

Just heard Walker got suspended for game 4 for making contact with that ref. I wish they wouldn't taint playoff series over something as petty as this...if they insist on suspending him I think they should hold it off and suspend him for the first game of the 05-06 season instead, IMO.

Guest Mosaicv2

Wow... Philly went over the Pistons tonite, even though in Cabbageboy's fragile mind their should a Pacers/Piston series... yippie, more boring fights except for baseketball. One a side note, I think a Celtics/Sixers series would more enjoyable, IMO. :D

Guest Mosaicv2

Wow... Philly went over the Pistons tonite, even though in Cabbageboy's fragile mind their should a Pacers/Piston series... yippie, more boring fights except for baseketball. One a side note, I think a Celtics/Sixers series would more enjoyable, IMO. :D

I agree on this Sonics/Kings series being yawn inducing. The Sonics by definition are going nowhere since they get the Spurs next round (hell I'd even take the Nuggets over them). And the Kings? Without Webber or even Doug Christie to make fun of these guys just don't have much of note. The Kings in the playoffs is like Val Venis hanging around 3 years past his push date.

Guest MikeSC
Just heard Walker got suspended for game 4 for making contact with that ref. I wish they wouldn't taint playoff series over something as petty as this...if they insist on suspending him I think they should hold it off and suspend him for the first game of the 05-06 season instead, IMO.

Hell no. If he does something so flipping moronic in the postseason, let him suffer.

-=Mike

...Walker could always NOT make contact with a ref. Really not that complicated...

No shit. The Sonics barely touch them and they are at the line but when then run over the Sonics they get the fouls.

Fucking bullshit.

I concur, Walker had to be suspended for a game at least. I mean you can't go around shoving the ref and expect NOT to be punished.

Not shocking to see the Pistons lose a game. They didn't sweep anyone last year, not even the friggin Bucks.

Guest Flyboy
Vince carter was one rebound away from getting a triple double with Jason kidd last night. When was the last time that has ever happend(a team having two players having a triple double in the same night).

It has never been accomplished before.

The Mavs are looking pretty damn good right now. I think my prediction of them taking the series in seven is gong to hold up.

Celtics embarrass the Pacers on their home floor, w/o Antoine Walker.

Series tied at 2 and headed back to Boston.

Oh yeah, these 1st round series going 7 is just excruciating. The NBA playoffs last forever already, adding 2 possible games to the 1st round makes it really dull.

Celtics/Sixers huh? Why not just give the Heat a bye to the Finals?

It wouldn't be so bad if the games weren't as many as three days apart. I mean, it's been an entire week and a lot of the series have only played three games.

Jason

It's all about television really. They try to put every single playoff game in some sort of prime spot, and then the ones that they can't fit into a prime network spot, they run on NBATV.

The logic in all of it? I honestly have no fucking clue.

Thing is, who gives a shit about half of these games? I mean, in the NCAA tourney for instance no one cares about Carolina squashing an 8 seed jobber, thus they show it to the local audience and the rest of the nation gets to see a better game like UK/Cincy or whatever. That's the brilliance of the NCAAs over the NBA playoffs: If a game sucks it's no biggie since there's a bunch of games they can switch to. If an NBA game sucks, you're basically stuck with it.

Detroit and Philly coming down to the last three seconds.

Great game.

Gotta hit your free throws, baby.