TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs

This is the first playoff game I've watched this postseason (busy man I've been)

I don't know what's weirder: that two perennial basement teams the last few years made the playoffs, or that one was guaranteed a spot in the 2nd round

I can garuntee you this isn't going to happen next season when we're healthy. But congrats to the Wiz, they played hard and the Bulls made too many mistakes. Second round, I might actually be cheering for Washington.

Woah... the Wizard have t-shirts to celebrate round 2 births?!

This team has been a perennial loser for about 25 years. Just getting to the playoffs for the first time in a decade was a big, just winning a playoff game is unheard of and actually advancing in the playoffs is amazing. only Wizards fans understand, like Vyce said, this is surreal...

Oh, and props to Chicago's fans. Your team was tough and it takes 2 to tango and both teams made this an incredibly entertaining series, especially for a first round...

I can garuntee you this isn't going to happen next season when we're healthy. But congrats to the Wiz, they played hard and the Bulls made too many mistakes. Second round, I might actually be cheering for Washington.

THE HELL YOU SAY? BLASPHEME!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry. :(

THE HELL YOU SAY? BLASPHEME!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry. :(

Oh don't apologise. The Bulls and Wizards are both underdogs, they killed each other all series long, both would be heavy underdogs against the Heat. What's the fun in cheering for them?

Guest Mosaicv2

WOW!... that horrible pass simply cause the Bulls that game and quite frankly their dream season comes to a bad hault. :wacko:

Actually, I did enjoy the Wizards during the regular season, but there was no way in hell I was going to mention that when they were the Bulls' opponents in the playoffs.

Both teams have that strange Michael Jordan shadow hovering deal in common...

Guest news_gimmick

True, and two differing opinions of him as well...funny eh?

Now, now. Don't speak for Washington fans. Most DC fans have a mixed feeling towards "The Jordan Years". For Chicago fans there's no question, he was in his prime the greatest player of all time and brought you 6 championships. With DC, it was AWESOME to see him playing live (surreal in fact in a Washington uniform). I saw him score a seaseon high 43 points and it was amazing. But, the perception from the start was he wasn't there for US, he was there for HIM. He wanted one last moment of glory and using us as his vessel to stick it to Chicago ownership. He traded away Hamilton to bring in Stackhouse which at the time looked like a good move, but obviously backfired. As much as he tried, MJ's knees couldn't hold out either year and we were under .500 both years. His personality and the way he dealt with losing was not conducive to the development and success of a young franchise (although I'll let him off the hook for the treatment of Kwame...then again he did draft him). So, when it was announced that Abe Polin fired Jordan, there was largely outrage in the DC community. I couldn't believe it how for the past 2 years he brought so much attention and revenue to DC and now we're just going to take him out back and shoot him? It was ugly. And the next season was ugly, but with Arenas signed, Eddie Jordan installed as coach, there was at least a light at the end of the tunnel, and this year it's come to fruition. As amazing a player Jordan was, him alone and his "mules" as he called the people he brought to the organization to surround himself with, couldn't make us a winning team. Now, without him, we've built it on our own. So that's sort of my feeling on the whole deal. It was a wonderful diversion and an immense honor to watch him play for the Wiz, but ultimately it was the right move for the future of the franchise to cut him loose.