TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I already predicted an exact repeat of the superbowl 20 years ago.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

What channel is the western conference game on tonight?

The Bears in the Super Bowl? Ha! Frankly I'm also sick and tired of the Pats either, there is nothing all that compelling about them to make me wanna see them constantly in the Super Bowl. They're like the HHH of football.

And yes the Pacers desperately must win this game tonight. The Celtics are boring, have no heat, and would merely provide a jobber squash for the Pistons. The Pacers might actually DO something in the next round.

I place full blame on Tyson Chandler for shooting a 2 with 5 seconds left. retard

Go Celtics.

Guest Flyboy

Both games are on TNT. HOU/DAL starts at 8:30 CST and 9:30 EST.

I pray that the Pacers win tomorrow, I don't even care if the Pistons sweep us right out afterwards.  I can't imagine how unbearable Boston fans would become if they retire Reggie Miller in addition to the Pats beating the Colts every year.

#1 You think people in Boston really give a shit about the Celtics? Wake up, rest of the country. Nobody in this city gives a flying fuck about the Celtics, nor have they really since 1992. People are more glad to see Larry Bird in Boston then worried about retiring Reggie Miller.

#2 You think people in Boston really give a shit about Indiana? Yeah, Pats fans hate Peyton Manning, but when he gets beaten as much as the Pats beat him, it gets old. Kind of like how the Yankees didn't really bother with the Red Sox until they actually, you know, won. The Colts are just one on a long list of people the Pats play well against.

Frankly I'm also sick and tired of the Pats either, there is nothing all that compelling about them to make me wanna see them constantly in the Super Bowl. They're like the HHH of football.

The reason they win is b/c they're not compelling. They're not flashy, they don't have ridiculously overpaid players and they come ready to play. You'd better not get sick of them, b/c they're the team other teams want to be like.

And HHH is from Connecticut, you know.

Yeah, Pats fans hate Peyton Manning, but when he gets beaten as much as the Pats beat him, it gets old.

Try hanging out at this board during the NFL playoffs and see how "old" it gets for them to hate Manning.

Both games are on TNT. HOU/DAL starts at 8:30 CST and 9:30 EST.

Thanks for the info. Are they going to switch back and forth between the two games? I really would rather watch the Western Conference game than watch another ugly game between the Celtics and the pacers.

Guest Flyboy

Pacers-Celtics starts at... like 6:00 CST, I think. So, if it goes longer while the HOU-DAL starts they will give us updates, but they won't fully switch until the BOS-IND game is over. It was hell waiting for NJ-MIA go into DOUBLE OVERTIME and not being able to watch HOU-DAL in Game 3, I believe it was.

Well doesn't the Boston/Indy game start an hour or two earlier then Houston/Dallas? They'll probably just finish Boston/Indy then cut to Houston/Dallas.

Edit: Yeah. Beat me to it.

I'm just glad it's not on NBA TV. I would be fucking PISSED.

Guest Flyboy

I just prefer TNT's production better than ABC, ESPN, or NBATV. I think I'm one of few that actually has NBATV. Even if McGrady has 40 points tonight, if he doesn't get help from his teammates Houston will lose. Oh, and screw Paul Pierce.

I just prefer TNT's production better than ABC, ESPN, or NBATV.  I think I'm one of few that actually has NBATV.  Even if McGrady has 40 points tonight, if he doesn't get help from his teammates Houston will lose. 

Ditto Pierce.

Yao Ming needs to stop acting so damn soft. Mutombo is making a new career off of coming in and outplaying him. Yao needs to live up to his hype tonight.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, I mean.. Come on, the guy isn't just tall as fuck, he's 310 pounds, and he's trying to let people get in the paint on him inside of decking them into the 3rd row. He's really docile, an aggressive Yao would definitely be something else.

I don't know where to post this, since I'm kind of reluctant to start an NBA offseason thread already, and I don't want to start yet another Laker drama thread, but did anyone hear about the little war of words between Dr. Buss and Shaq recently, where Buss basically said what many Laker fans (including Sass and myself on this board, in fact, especially Sass..)

Speaking for nearly an hour, Buss also praised Kupchak; said nobody on the team, including Kobe Bryant, is untouchable; that he has no regrets about trading Shaquille O'Neal; and will be disappointed if the Lakers don't reach the second or third round of the playoffs next year.

The Lakers went 34-48 this season, missing the playoffs for the first time in 11 years and only the second time since 1976.

``Everything that could have gone wrong did,'' Buss said. ``We had a lot of great plans. None of them materialized. I thought we would be very good.''

Buss said this wasn't the most difficult season for him.

``The hardest season was the last time we didn't make the playoffs because I didn't see any way out,'' he said. ``I don't feel that way now. I think we have better material.''

Bryant signed a seven-year, $136.4 million contract to return to the Lakers last summer -- right after O'Neal was traded to Miami.

``I don't want to trade Kobe,'' Buss said. ``I really think someone would have to give me their franchise, their arena, their city. (But) there's nothing untouchable. If we have the opportunity to improve our position, we're going to do it.''

Regarding O'Neal, Buss said: ``He's 60 pounds lighter in Miami than he was in Los Angeles. It seems that the motivation for him to lose weight was to trade him. I suspect if I knew he was going to lose 60 pounds, I might have made a different decision.

``Actually, I cheer for Shaq. I really like Shaq. I suspect he doesn't like me that much. I did what I thought was best for the franchise.''

Buss paused when asked if he believed Bryant would have left via free agency had the Lakers not traded O'Neal.

``I've pondered that,'' Buss said. ``I really don't know. They did have some differences. I could only speculate.''

Buss said he believes Jackson and Bryant could coexist.

``Oh, definitely. No question,'' Buss said. ``These people want to win.''

I guess Shaq, already pissed that he didn't win MVP, was even more infuriated hearing what Dr. Buss had to say. Here's what the "always classy guy" Shaq replied:

``I didn't need motivation,'' O'Neal said. ``I needed a real owner. ... I needed a real owner like Micky Arison. You can quote me on it.''

Buss also said he doesn't regret trading O'Neal to Miami.

``And I don't regret him losing money and his not making the playoffs,'' O'Neal said.

That second comment was a nice stinger (ouch), but the first one? Errm..

Owner stat of the week: Owner stat of the week – NBA titles won: Buss 8, Arison 0. (okay I blatantly stole that from this article, which also speculates why the Lakers would even bother with Jackson when they need yet another roster overhaul. Not sure if I agree with that..)

I just prefer TNT's production better than ABC, ESPN, or NBATV. I think I'm one of few that actually has NBATV. Even if McGrady has 40 points tonight, if he doesn't get help from his teammates Houston will lose. Oh, and screw Paul Pierce.

Yeah, I like TNT's production a LOT better too. They do a nice job there. The whole Blueprint intro is pretty cool as well.

As for the games, I hope Houston and Indiana win. It wont feel like the playoffs if its not Indy vs. Detroit in round 2.

Regarding O'Neal, Buss said: ``He's 60 pounds lighter in Miami than he was in Los Angeles. It seems that the motivation for him to lose weight was to trade him. I suspect if I knew he was going to lose 60 pounds, I might have made a different decision.

That's the truth, and since Shaq is such a media darling it's been easily dismissed.

Why did everyone dismiss Boston and assume that Indiana was going to move on automatically?

Seriously I have heard no buzz for Boston. When I tell people that I'm a Boston fan they say "Are they still in the playoffs?"

Guest Mosaicv2
Why did everyone dismiss Boston and assume that Indiana was going to move on automatically?

Because everyone will have HEARTATTACK IF THEY DON'T SEE A PISTONS/PACERS SERIES... and watch Detroit sweep them.

Guest news_gimmick

Man, and ugly game so far between the Celtics and Pacers. Noone can hit a shot.

Guest news_gimmick

He was right too, its been horrible basketball so far.

Well that's just great that I open my big trap and then they get blown out.

*slowly removes Tony Allen jersey*

Maybe if I just quietly root for them under my breath then they will stage a titantic comeback!

If they lose though.....*slips Tony Allen jersey back on* I will still love them.