TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

How come no one posts WON anymore?

I know SD wasn't posting WON anymore because he doesn't get it. Someone said that when HTQ comes back(I think it was HTQ), he would start posting them again.

So is someone going to post it again?

I did it one week a few months back. Seriously, fuck that shit. Took FOREVER to type out. Not worth the time.

For the record, I would have thanked S_D every week had I known he was the one writing it out each week. I thought he was just cut and pasting it when it was posted elsewhere.

Guest Brian

It used to get posted over at Seadawg's on Delphi. I'm not sure where to go now.

How much is a subscription?

How come HTQ? I for one really appreciated it and really enjoyed reading them.

I understand though, it seems like a bitch to type up

I don’t do it anymore because it’s just not worth putting all that work in for a group of people who are, for the most part, a bunch of ingrates.

I don't think anybody realized you actually typed it. I always assumed that you just copy/pasted it somehow. It's not like it's all that interesting anyway though, so if you don't want to post it, it's fine.

Are these newsletters even interesting anymore? I used to love hearing about who might jump ship during the Monday Night Wars (or even ECW when it existed). Those were the days.

Yes. They're very informative, particularly when Meltzer delves into wrestling history.

Are these newsletters even interesting anymore? I used to love hearing about who might jump ship during the Monday Night Wars (or even ECW when it existed). Those were the days.

Yes. They're very informative, particularly when Meltzer delves into wrestling history.

I'd agree. It's essential if you want to follow MMA and International wrestling as well, as it's covered in depth. Meltzer does do history pieces every few issues and if you are a wrestling fan they are absolutely fascinating. And I'm not talking ancient history, I'm talking WWF in the 80s/90s, stuff you'd want to know about and you will learn stuff you didn't just know from reading online. Furthermore, in terms of backstage news on WWE and TNA the Observer is still the most in depth place to get the most complete coverage, the whole story if you will. I'd highly reccomend a subscription. If it's too much for you to afford, well that's one thing, but if you can plunk down a subscription it's unfair to be copying it and distributing it online. Metlzer says he works almost 12 hours a day on it, and I believe him being that each issue is like a small book with double sided pages with the smallest print imaginable. Boy, I think Meltzer owes me royalties for that sell job. :P

http://www.liveaudiowrestling.com/wo/store/newsletter.asp

To be fair, I'll plug the Torch too. The Torch has it's advantages that many of you might find more appealing in that it's cheaper then the Observer (quite a bit if you just subscribe online like I do) and like I said you can subscribe for a cheaper rate to the online VIP subscription and you get every issue right on the computer, which is better anyway since it's put up quicker then the time you wait to recieve it in your mailbox. There's tons of online extra features included like regular audio updates where Wade and the other writers blab about the week's top stories and shows. There's also appendix features with old Torch archives you can read and reviews of shows and videos that are helpful. And you get reviews for TV shows/PPVs emailed right to you. The advantage of the Torch is if you're primarily a WWE fan it focuses mostly on that (and TNA and some indies) but doesn't give much of any coverage to MMA or international. It also has things like opinion pieces, show reviews and other such features. One of the best is the Torch Talk series which are shoot interviews with names in wrestling. The one currently ongoing is with Kevin Nash and it's really interesting. In the past names like Hulk Hogan and The Rock have done them (and those are archives on the site too).

http://www.pwtorch.com/torchsubmainpg.html

So, in summary, if you want to choose one newsletter, The Torch wins in terms of being cheaper, offering a boatload of online content, provided interesting interviews and feature articles and focuses a lot on WWE news and rumors.

The Observer wins out in the depth of it's coverage, especially top stories and business analysis, it also has MMA and international coverage and fascinating history pieces. It lacks online features but is a more lengthy read.

If you're a big wrestling/MMA fan like me who doesn't care about spending his money on both, go for it since what one lacks you get from the other.

Now why did I write all that up, when you all are still just looking for online bootlegs anyway?

If you want the news, get The Observer. If you want Wade Keller's opinion, get The Torch.

To a certain extent that's true, but the Torch does offer a lot of good content, discussion and analysis for a low price. Think of the Observer like a trade journal and the Torch like a popular magazine and supersite...

How come HTQ? I for one really appreciated it and really enjoyed reading them.

I understand though, it seems like a bitch to type up

I don’t do it anymore because it’s just not worth putting all that work in for a group of people who are, for the most part, a bunch of ingrates.

You heart me.