TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CheesalaIsGood

Terry Funk on the ICP

From www.Faygoluvers.net

Terry Funk talks ICP in his Book: I HAD to come back over here and add what I saw at Juggalo.com about Terry Funk's new book, "Terry Funk: More than just Hardcore"! In the book, he recalls a meetup with J and Shaggs, and talks about wrestling at the Gathering of the Juggalos. Check it:

Lawler approached me about doing the show earlier in 2004, when we both worked a show for the Insane Clown Posse. The Insane Clown Posse is a pair of rappers, Violent Jay and Shaggy 2 Dope, who paint their faces up like clowns. They're also completely insane and a couple of wrestling fans. They put out a videotape where they were commenting on old matches. One of the matches had me versus Abdullah the Butcher, and they kept knocking us and laughing at us. "Look at those two big goofs, acting like they're wrestling. Ha Ha Ha!" After I heard about that every time someone told me they were going to see the Insane Clown Posse, I said, "Tell them if I see them, I'm going to go ahead and kick their asses! Goofy bastards, knocking me on a tape and using it without my consent!" Of Course, I wouldn't have known the Insane Clown Posse from Adam and Eve, if I'd seen them on the street. I sure wasn't listening to their damn music!

Finally, I got a call at the ranch from Sabu: "Terry, I've got the Insane Clown Posse here. They want to come and see you, but they don't know if you're mad at them or not". "Well," I said, "bring the sons of bitches out here." They had just finished a show in Corpus Christi, and their next one was in Houston, so they took their bus all the way from Corpus Christi to Amarillo, and then back down to Houston after they met me! I told you they were nuts! And so the Insane Clown Posse came into the house, and Vicki had some chili cooked up. They Sat down and ate a bowl of chili apiece and talked to me. They said they were sorry if I was upset over what they said on the tape, and we buried the hatchet. Then, Violent Jay said, "Terry, we want to leave you some money for using the tape of you." I said, "No, no, don't do that!" "Yes, Terry, we're going to leave it under this jar, on this counter here!"

I kept telling them not to, but I walked into the next room before them. They followed me in, and told me they had to go. We said our goodbyes, and the Insane Clown Posse drove off in their bus. And I walked back into the other room, to get the money I knew they'd left. I have to tell you, I was excited. I was thinking, "Oh boy, I bet they left me twenty bucks, or maybe even forty," which would have just tickled mepink. I thought I'd have enough to pay for the chili, at least, and so I was really happy at the notion of having twenty bucks. I went in there, lifted up the jar....and there was four thousand dollarsthere!

And so let me tell you people something right now-I love the Insane Clown Posse! The next retirement match I have, they're going to be in the semifinal! They're the greatest band in the world, and I have all of their records. Haven't got around to listening to them yet, but I have them here somewhere. Later, I got a call that they wanted me to work at a show they were putting on, and I went. And I was amazed. Vince McMahon could learn a thing or two from the Insane Clown Posse, and I'm not lying. Those boys run a better show, and a smarter one, than even WWE does. It was a four-day event, held outdoors, about 40 miles from the middle

of nowhere. They drew a total of about 11,000 people, and they were charging 180 bucks a pop, just to get in. And it's two guys! That's all it is! The Insane Clown Posse is a two-man outfit! I think of a posse as 20 idiots running around with rifles. But this was just two guy. It reminded me, in a way, of the show my father did, where his match with "Iron" Mike DiBiase was the only one on the card. They paid the people who worked for them a set amount, and then they split the lion's share of the proceeds, because

they're the stars! Those two goofy bastards are two of the smartest people I've ever met!

And it was the greatest place in the world to sell T-shirts. I had my Terry Funk T-shirts and was selling them when I wasn't wrestling. Well, those people were so smoked up on that marijuana, they didn't need much convincing. Someone would walk by and see me and say, "Hey, Terry, how are you doin?" I'd say, "Come on over here and buy a shirt."

"Nah, Terry, I don't wanna buy a shirt."

"Oh, come on and buy a shirt!"

"No, I don't know, man."

"Oh, come on and buy a damn shirt!"

"Well, OK."

I didn't even wear my own shirt to the ring. I left my vest, my chaps and all that crap. I wore my Juggalo T-shirt, with the Insane Clown Posse on the front. I like to think of myself as the honorary third member of the Insane Clown Posse now!

Cool Story. Terry Funk is awesome. I can't wait to read his book. Then again I gotta finish "The Death Of WCW" first.

they are, i've met them several times. hench the screen name. I didn't know Violent J was that nice though. he never gave me 4G's and i have all his albums.

Say what you will about them, they're incredible businessmen, and this makes them out to be really nice guys (nicer than 90% of the people who made it big in wresling). Kudos.

They also gave Mick Foley a check for the Stranglemania videos as well. I think Mick might have used the influence of a headlock on Shaggy (according some urban myths) to get the money, but they DID do the right thing. Damn those Stranglemania videos are funny. The guy in the Panda suit in SM2... I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. I wish I could rip that mtch off the VHS video I have and stick it in JoeDirts DL matches thread.

I've just barely missed meeting the ICP on so many occasions that I think God wants to keep us apart for some reason. The weird part is that I'm not even that big a fan of theirs. Their music is okay, not great, their wrestling abilities are nonexistant. They do know how to make money, though. And their commentary is possibly the funniest I've ever heard. I dream about the day where I'm allowed to break kayfabe and swear like that on a wrestling show.

I'm not a fan. I hate their music, and many of their fans are complete idiots. They do seem like nice guys though, and I gotta admit, their marketing is genius.

I'm not a fan. I hate their music, and many of their fans are complete idiots. They do seem like nice guys, and I gotta admit, their marketing is genious.

I love ICP, but hate other people that do. "Jugglos" are for the most part idiots. And ICP can sell a can of dog crap to their fans for 60 bucks and they would buy it.

If you like Stranglemanias, you should look into buying some JCW tapes. Those are even funnier. JCW Vol. is the funniest thing i've ever seen.

I remember them doing commentary on WCW Nitro, they did a match between Tank Abbott and Vampiro, They kept calling Tank different names..like Frank RAbbage, and Pink Sandwedge. They kept commenting on how he had a fake leg too. Hilarious.

Guest Hass of Pain
They're the greatest band in the world, and I have all of their records. Haven't got around to listening to them yet, but I have them here somewhere.

I have a feeling Terry's opinion on ICP's status as greatest band in the world will likely change when he does find those cd's.

They're the greatest band in the world, and I have all of their records. Haven't got around to listening to them yet, but I have them here somewhere.

I have a feeling Terry's opinion on ICP's status as greatest band in the world will likely change when he does find those cd's.

:lol: ICP = My favorite band. And I have listened to their CD's.

I've seen ICP and other Psychopathic artists too many times to count. I went to the gathering in 2001 and they had JCW in a 6 sided ring.

Chris Candido vs. Breyer Wellington. = **** time limit draw

I've met them a couple times too, they're almost too nice. I had them autograph my Eminem cd.

Haha! That's like getting Kevin Nash to sign the death of WCW book.

nash_wcw.jpg

Oh wait.

icon9.gif