TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

So my Phillies' Prize Pack Came In

As Pinjockey noted in last week's baseball thread, I won the Phillies' Stump the Fans trivia contest last Monday. My package came in today, and consisted of an assortment of Phillies' giveaways. The items...

-Phillies repleca nostalgia hat, from McDonalds. Complete with Blue 'P' on the front.

-Bull's BBQ apron

-Phillies' rally towel, showing the Phillies' and Washington Nationals' hats for Opening Day.

-Pride of the Phillies picture mat, featuring Jim Thome's 400th career home run.

-Phillies' schedule magnet

Plus, I won the Red Barons' guess the attendance prize at this Monday's game, and received two vouchers for upper level tickets.

What questions did you have to answer?

Basically they show a question in the third inning, and the first person to e-mail the correct answer wins. This one asked "The Philadelphia Phillies have their best record against the New York Mets. Against which team do they have their second best record?" Or something along those lines. The answer was the San Diego Padres. I knew it had to be an expansion team because we could not possibly have a winning record against any team we played in the 30s and 40s, and after that it was a lucky guess.

I was a bit late on the draw of answering a Delmarva Shorebirds radio/email trivia contest as well. The question was "Who is the only Delmarva Shorebird to win a World Series?" The Shorebirds first year, 1996 (this is their Tenth Anniversary Season) they were affiliated with the Expos and I got to see players such as Micheal Barrett and Javier Vasquez play. Anyway, the answer was Orlando Cabrera who won it with the Red Sox last year. but I was in my car away from my computer listening to the game when it came up, otherwise I would have won for sure.

As Pinjockey noted in last week's baseball thread, I won the Phillies' Stump the Fans trivia contest last Monday. My package came in today, and consisted of an assortment of Phillies' giveaways. The items...

-Phillies repleca nostalgia hat, from McDonalds. Complete with Blue 'P' on the front.

-Bull's BBQ apron

-Phillies' rally towel, showing the Phillies' and Washington Nationals' hats for Opening Day.

-Pride of the Phillies picture mat, featuring Jim Thome's 400th career home run.

-Phillies' schedule magnet

Plus, I won the Red Barons' guess the attendance prize at this Monday's game, and received two vouchers for upper level tickets.

ask them if you could trade all that stuff in for an authentic opening day cap, or a replica jersey.