Out of the top 12

-Kings Ransom

-Beauty Shop

Opening May 6

-Crash

-House of Wax

-Kingdome of Heaven

Guest Vitamin X

Depends on where you are, I guess. In the more "urban" (aka wiggers 'r' us at my local mall), XXX was being sold out all across the board while I was able to get a ticket for a 10:10 showing at 10 o'clock with plenty of seating in the theatre on a Saturday night. People here have really bad taste in movies though, which is kind of a good thing, though.

I'm legitimately surprised.

I just KNEW the brothers would push XXX into the top spot.

.......what? Don't act as if that's so outrageous. This is the day and age where "Are We There Yet?" can make open at #1.

I must say, though, I take a perverse pleasure in the fact that the Vin Diesel "Pacifier" crap-fest has made over 100 mill, which is likely more than XXX will make in its run.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

From last week's post...

Next week:

1. XXX: State Of The Union - $37-45 million

2. The Interpreter

3. The Amityville Horror

4. Hitchhiker's Guide - $9 million

5. Sahara

I was wrong? ;) When the hell did that start happening.

I don't even know what the hell this Hitchhiker's Guide mess is about. I didn't see many promo's for it.

In my eyes, Ice Cube is a proven draw so I thought this would be another #1 film for him. While it wouldn't outgross the first, it'd be close. To his credit, they did say he wasn't the movie's problem, it was the weak script.

Now, i'll try again. Attempt to get back to my winning streak...

Next week:

1. House Of Wax - $25 million

2. Kingdom Of Heaven - $21 million

3. Hitchhiker's blah blah blah

4. The Interpreter

5. The Amityville Horror

Guest El Satanico

Wow, that's surprising, but bravo Hitchhikers.

XXX2 doesn't look too bad for alittle mindless action and I like Ice Cube, but it's always great to see something like Hitchhiker beat out something like XXX2.

So I guess we can call "Fever Pitch" a bomb right about now. The movie did well in Boston (and surprisingly well in New York), but everyone else around the country is sick of the Red Sox (I can't really blame them either, what with all the media exposure they got over the offseason).

I've heard from a couple of people that Fallon playing a Red Sox fan turned them off from seeing the film.

I second these thoughts. Jimmy Fallon is one of the most annoying human beings on the planet.

I might get flamed for this, but Adam Sandler would have been better in the role, even though he just did a flick with Barrymore not too long ago.

So I guess we can call "Fever Pitch" a bomb right about now. The movie did well in Boston (and surprisingly well in New York), but everyone else around the country is sick of the Red Sox (I can't really blame them either, what with all the media exposure they got over the offseason).

I've heard from a couple of people that Fallon playing a Red Sox fan turned them off from seeing the film.

No you really can't.

It's probably going to end up making a profit for the studio. So it's not a bomb.

I still don't understand who wanted to see a movie about the Boston Red Sox...

I don't even know what the hell this Hitchhiker's Guide mess is about. I didn't see many promo's for it.

Ever since I was about 13 I kept hearing assorted friends over the years talking about how great the book was. Even if there weren't many ads, the book has built up a large rep since its publishing

Hi

Fallon playing anything turns me off to a film.

Hi, part 2

Fever Pitch only cost like 30 million I think so it should turn some sort of mild profit. I'm not sure I get the Fallon loathing, he's fairly harmless.

I am just begging, PLEADING for fucking House of Wax to flop horribly. This shit with doing bad horror remakes needs to stop, and maybe Paris Hilton can finally kill this trend. Christ, I don't even see an evil sculptor in the film! Where the hell is the Lionel Atwill/Vincent Price character?

I think Kingdom of Heaven looks good in the previews, at least it has the look of a big time blockbuster epic. We'll see if Orlando Bloom can finally draw money in something he has to carry.

Because it's a really good movie???

You're letting your ridiculous SNL fanboy crush on Jimmy Fallon obfuscate your better judgment and common sense.

I am just begging, PLEADING for fucking House of Wax to flop horribly. This shit with doing bad horror remakes needs to stop, and maybe Paris Hilton can finally kill this trend. Christ, I don't even see an evil sculptor in the film! Where the hell is the Lionel Atwill/Vincent Price character?

You see that black haired man with a face made out of Wax chasing our helpless teens? There's your killer.

I might get flamed for this, but Adam Sandler would have been better in the role, even though he just did a flick with Barrymore not too long ago.

Yeah, people would be saying "50 First Dates redux" if he was in the main role.

Personally I would have preferred to see one of the "local boys" in the lead role, but Ben Affleck is the kiss of death for a movie nowadays, I don't know if Matt Damon would have fit the character (I don't see him as really a comedic actor), and Denis Leary's too old. I'll probably pick up the DVD (or at least rent it) to see how good it is.

Because it's a really good movie???

You're letting your ridiculous SNL fanboy crush on Jimmy Fallon obfuscate your better judgment and common sense.

Entertainment Weekly gave it an A.

Roger Ebert gave it ***1/2 and it has a positive rating at RT.

I saw Taxi and thought it was truly abysmal so no, I don't like everything Jimmy does.

I don't care if gets marks higher than "The Godfather", if it has Jimmy Fallon in it, I'm not seeing it. My brother has the same problem with Bill Paxton, unless Paxton's character dies in the film.

as I've said before Ice Cube isn't usually the problem in his movies as it is more the movie itself...

Bill Paxton is the man by the way...tell your brother to STFU FOO!

I don't care if gets marks higher than "The Godfather", if it has Jimmy Fallon in it, I'm not seeing it.

Fallon was much, much better than I expected in the House on Haunted Hill remake.

So I can tolerate Fallon as a whimping, pants-wettings sissyboy, but that's about it. Him actually trying to delivery jokes does nothing for me.

I don't care about baseball so Fever Pitch isn't interesting to me anyway. I'll probably catch Hitchhiker's and check out Sin City before it leaves theaters.

I don't care if gets marks higher than "The Godfather", if it has Jimmy Fallon in it, I'm not seeing it.

Fallon was much, much better than I expected in the House on Haunted Hill remake.

I think you are getting Chris Kattan (sp?) and Fallon mistaken as two of the same.

I think you are getting Chris Kattan (sp?) and Fallon mistaken as two of the same.

Oh, okay.

Then Fallon still sucks.

I'm thinking of seeing it, only because Dread-Central and Bloody Disgusting had positive things to say about it.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/review/433

http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/modules...wcontent&id=328

plus, Paris Hilton does die in it.

Fever Pitch was a horrible, lame attempt at a "romantic sports movie", the few attempts at which are always shitty.

A 60% at Rotten Tomatos is not good. And that's a ridiculous over-rating. Stop being an SNL mark for Jimmy Fallon and accept reality. Fallon is nothing more than a poor man's early Adam Sandler. And this movie is a poor excuse to waste 7 dollars.