TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Promoter

No WM for Calgary

No WM for Calgary..how about the draft lottery instead?

http://www.slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/20...029934-sun.html

" There are rumours the draft may be broken up over several weeks of TV tapings but based on WWE's touring schedule, it looks like Calgary's chances of being the sole host city are still strong.

Last week, company officials booked a non-televised Smackdown house show to run head to head with the Wisconsin Raw event May 23.

The odds of the draft taking place that night are now minimal, as John Cena, Kurt Angle and the rest of the Smackdown crew wouldn't be available to take part.

Meanwhile, although the Smackdown crew will be definitely in Alberta May 30, there has been no conflicting event scheduled against the Raw taping at the 'Dome. "

I think they should wait the week AFTER Judgment Day to do the draft, which would be in line with Calgary and whatever the location would be for Smackdown to host the draft shows (I think it should be split into both shows as that would generate a likely larger rating for both Raw and Smackdown that week).

The shows right after Judgment Day can be, for Raw, the world title match from this tournament and then for Smackdown, just fallout from the ppv the Sunday before, with maybe some hotshotted rematches from it or whatever.

If I was WWE, whatever the case, they should start promoting it NOW officially - the sooner the better.

There's no official ruling that the draft lottery will be on Raw.

It almost has to be, otherwise everyone would know by Wed. morning what happened. Part of the attraction is not knowing who is changing shows.

Unless, of course, they go w/ a live Smackdown.

RAW being live kind of makes it the show to initiate the draft. This is one aspect of the product where I haven't really seen any great ideas on how it could be done by net critics. The best thing it has going for it is the unpredictable nature of it. Vince said there is no exemptions this year, so it gives the illusion of anything can happen. If they can't capitalize on this and the draft turns out like last year I think it's drawing power will dwindle next year in the anticipation for it.

I think it's a good idea to stretch the draft for a couple of weeks for both raw and smackdown. I just can't figure out how they can do this in an entertaining fashion and also delivering shock to pull in viewers. One thing they can do is have the goldrush tournament winner face the world champion the first night of the draft. Now, if they do the champion switch this could shock people into watching. After tonight we'll see. If Edge wins, I think the angle will surround Edge and a championship match. They could play up he is the hottest trade prospect with his standing as #1 contender.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

live or tapes means nothing for the vast majority of the audience.

live or tapes means nothing for the vast majority of the audience.

Why because it's the internet that has the spoilers? Well, it seems Lita and Edge's rendevous has the wwe responding because of the heat they are receiving. Brock/Goldberg were really crapped on too because of spoilers of Brock and Goldberg not returning. If they do try to stretch it over a few weeks it will spoil it a bit.