TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

I dont want to be as funny as the Czech Republic

Guest Vitamin X

It'd be hard to say, considering Rodgers will have time to develop while Smith will be thrown into the fire. But if not for the reason the two were so close anyways that Rodgers could've been taken instead of Smith, Rodgers will have the benefit of learning for a couple years.

You think Favre's gonna play for two more? After all the rumors, I could see him setting this season as his last. Win or go home.

Guest Vitamin X

It depends on how he plays this season, really. The thing is, he's playing the same way at 35 as he did at 27, 28. Seeing as he's turning 36 this year, and the standard retirement age for Hall-of-Fame QB's is between 38-41, I could see him going for at least 2-3 years more, but not anymore than that, I think.

The thing that he almost retired over was how his wife's cancer treatments were going, basically. He's said over and over again for a long time now that as long as he feels he's capable of doing what he's always done, he'll keep playing. His career stats actually defy prime's argument (28-32 is prime, 33+ you decline, DO YOU ALL ACCEPT?!?!?!?!), since his two worst seasons came in `99 and 2000, where he would have been 29-31. His numbers have significantly improved since then, and he posted his 2nd highest QB rating last year since the Super Bowl years, so no, he's still doing well. Another reason I want him to play at least 2 more years (my own selfish reasons) is to see him pass Marino on the all-time TD list. All he would need is a pair of 30-TD seasons.

Yeah as much as I'm sworn to hate the Packers as a Chicago sports fan, I can't find it in me to hate Brett Favre, and as long as he's not doing it against the Bears, I want to see him do well. Guy's gone through a lot.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I can say he's a fantastic QB, but it's really hard for me to like him, unless he's doing it against the Vikings.

Guest StylesMark
No, this nice:

Image10106.jpg

Not any better than Eli Manning, which isn't saying much.

Guest Vitamin X
No, this nice:

Image10106.jpg

050503rodgers_a.jpg

Better.

NOOOO WAY

Yes, Mole.

*waited 3 1/2 years for this moment*

No, this nice:

Image10106.jpg

Not any better than Eli Manning, which isn't saying much.

^^This is the gem people. THIS IS THE GEM.