TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Tom

Staffing

Ok, let's start talking about who we want to keep, axe, and maybe even bring on as GMods.

First, what about folder-specific mods, like we had for a while? The busier folders could have folder mods, which would mean we'd need fewer GMods. After recent events, the fewer people who have AdminCP access, the better, IMO.

Discuss.

Guess I'm staying up for a few more minutes.

Yes on the folder mods, ones that frequently post in said folder. They can't ban anyone, but can delete posts, close threads and such.

I pretty much said what I'd like to do in this thread

Ok, NOW I'm going to get some sleep.

I think obvious choices for reinstated mod positions are as follows:

CanadianChick

KingPK

treble

I think we should fill global positions first, and then get their opinions on candidates for the folder mod positions.

EDIT: I realize I left out Brian, but he's already been reinstated last I saw. Just in case there was question.

CanadianChick

KingPK

treble

Yes x3.

I think the folder mods idea is worth considering. Just someone to close and merge threads, edit and delete posts, etc. AdminCP access would be retained by the GMods and Admins, so we have to make sure the people we're installing as GMods are dependable, level-headed, and trustworthy.

I just posted this about folder mods in the Staff folder:

I like the idea of folder mods. The problem before is that they had Admin CP access, and we had too many people in power because of that. Admins and GMods should be able to access the Admin CP. Forum mods should be able to close, delete, and merge threads, and edit and delete posts within their forum. They should have access to the Staff folder so they can report problems and request bans for troublesome members.

What we have to determine is, a) do we want folder mods, and b) which folders get them? As was mentioned in the other thread, 3-4 people who are Gmods or above frequent the Sports folder, so a Sports mod is redundant, even if the folder is popular. What about 2 fellows for the Wrestling section, 1 for pop culture, and MAYBE 1 for Forums Stuff? They could be the local mods of all the folders under those headings.

Edit: I just changed the Super Mod group to use the Super Mod permission mask, insteaf of the regular Mod permission mask, and enabled AdminCP access.

BTW, guys, the Admin group in the CP shows 5 members. They don't display, since I get a board error when I try to bring up the list. Sass, Josh, Dames, and I = 4. Who's #5?

Edit: Derfderf, I guess it's the TSMAdmin account. If memory serves from the other night, we'll need to set a new password on that.

The TSMAdmin account's password should be a well kept secret between the 4 Admins. That's how we ended up in the "suspension" mess the other night. To be honest with you, I'd be more than fine if that account didn't exist at all. We need someone to be held acccountable, not just a place holder name.

Dames

I have no problems with getting rid of it. The network security guy in me has to say that generic shared admin accounts are security nightmares waiting to happen. :) I'll delete it.

Oooh, a new development in the saga.

It's NOT the TSMAdmin account, which no longer exists, as far as the search tools in the CP tell me. The fifth account is "admin," which is the account Mike used to use. I'm guessing you still want that one deleted, since Josh is now the Official Tech GURU~!©?

I think that is unnecessary...

I feel this is ridiculous that you even said you "de-admin'd" me in the first place.

I do a few things on the forums on a weekly basis and some on a daily basic such as update the top of the forums for donations. I added my self back to the admin group, because I felt like it.

Seriously, it’s like telling a mechanic, here is my car, please maintain it and fix it, but oh wait, I will keep the keys. How the hell is he suppose to do his job?

I don't mind being a so called secondary "Official Tech GURU~!©?", but seriously, what does my job have in it that is less important the Ill's? Or sureallist. No offense surreal, you’re cool with me.

I was asking Dames a simple question, and one that I really don't feel is unreasonable after the events of the last few days. I have no problems with your account being active. Please birth kittens elsewhere.

Ok, the point of this topic was to DISCUSS staffing BEFORE changes were made.

So who went ahead and re-modded HTQ without mentioning one goddamn syllable here? These are the kind of decisions the admin group should be making as a unit, not one person acting unilaterally.

So who went ahead and re-modded HTQ without mentioning one goddamn syllable here?  These are the kind of decisions the admin group should be making as a unit, not one person acting unilaterally.

So who went ahead and re-modded HTQ without mentioning one goddamn syllable here?  These are the kind of decisions the admin group should be making as a unit, not one person acting unilaterally.

Requoted, considering some recent controversy. I think discussing staff would be a good idea.

Aim Chat? Let me know when you guys want to discuss things and when.