TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

More bad news

Guest Crimson Idol

Bring in replacement players... The NHL players that want to play will come aboard anyways

This sucks. So much for seeing the Avalanche anymore. Here in southern Maine I'm left with seeing the Canadiens on the French station (useless to me for the 9 years since the Nords packed up) or I can watch the Bruins on NESN.

I suppose Time Warner will get more of my money for their extended sports pack so I can get Fox Sports Rocky Mountain.

Yea, I live in Kentucky and can't catch any Toronto Maple Leafs games unless they make the playoffs but now I'll be screwed with ESPN not picking up the option. IF the NHL does return the product on TV will probably suck b/c NBC Sports has terrible production. I rate it behind CBS and ABC on golf, its former production of MLB games was a helluva lot worse than Fox, and I can't stand their coverage of the Olympics. May God help us all.

How could any television baseball production be worse than Fox? I actually think they did the best job televising baseball games, although their pbp team (Costas and Morgan) was unbearable.

I always tell people not to look for the puck, but the action around it. If the puck's not where the action is, chances are, you're going to see something good anyway.

Wait, ESPN isn't going to be playing the 15 games that they play each year, made up almost entirely of NY, Philly, Detroit & Colorado? And they won't be playing NHL 2Night at like 3 in the morning? And they won't be showing their normal 90 seconds of highlights, 45 minutes into Sportscenter? Good riddance to ESPN's minimal involvement in the show.

You'll have to get the NHL Center Ice package.
I can't stress enough how good of a pick-up this is for even a partial NHL fan. You can watch pretty much EVERY game, excluding the ones that are blocked out for whatever reason.

Guest Rrrsh
How hard is it to follow a black object on a white sheet

I never figured it out. Stubborn Americans

"Whats this Hockey thing. They play that game on Ice and they dont play with a ball. I am so confused. Ah fuck it, lets what cars drive in a circle.

Rrrsh, I know that you're being at least partially sarcastic ... but that's a bit harsh with the American bashing. There are quite a few of us here that are Hockey Krishnas and think that NASCAR is a fucking joke.

And the "I can't see the puck" excuse is a farce, I've been preaching the hockey love for YEARS and have yet to find someone that actually says that they can't see the puck.

Well, my eyes are pretty bad at times so it can be kind of hard for me to see the puck all the time (especially from the default broadcast cam near the press box) so I started doing the thing where I followed the action around the puck.

And I hate NASCAR too.

Guest Rrrsh

I was more protraying the American Media than anything else. Obviously, there are sports fans in America who understand Hockey.