TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ransome

Flubbed lines in promos

Not so much a flubbed line but Randy Orton fell off the turnbuckles while cutting a promo at Bad Blood 2004 and ended up laughing about it on camera.

They cut it out on the DVD, but you can hear the crowd reaction when he does it.

I don't remember it though I saw the PPV live on TV.

Tony Shiavone called Chuck Palumbo..."Chuck Palumby"...more than once.

Guest JohnnySwift

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this one yet...When HHH was doing commentary on RAW and Chyna was at the spanish announce table. JR asked HHH if he was bilangual as well and HHH said he's bi lotta things but lingual isn't one of them. Then there was some uncomfortable silence and HHH goes, "Did I just say that?" and JR chimes in saying he did and they are live...

I always thought he said that on purpose to be funny.

Another funny Lillian moment was when the Heart Throbs debuted. Something like this on RAW:

"Their opponents...Antonio annnnnnnnnnd....idontknowwhathisname ROMEO"

Something like that. She literally mumbles it. It's funny as hell.

Guest The Masked Avenger

I continue to be amazed over the fact that some people still thinks the "bi lots of things" line was a real Freudian slip by Hunter.

-TMA

Guest traveshamockery

"You want to pick on a girl? Pick on me!" - Bam Bam Bigelow on an episode of Nitro

"Bobby the Heenan Weasel"

Lilian after a Hardcore Title match: "The winner, and still WWF champion, Crash Holly!"

Lilian again: "From Pennsylvania, Philadelphia..."

Lilian yet again: "From Winnetoba, Manitoba, Canada, Chris Jericho!"

Guess who: "Coming down the aisle, weighing in at a combined weight of xxx pounds, Raven!"

Lex Luger in WCW 1996 cutting a promo on the nWo and saying something about "W.W....I mean, WCW." Everyone on the 'net at the time jumped on it, thinking he was hinting that he was joining the nWo...when really he just messed up.

Did he? they edited off the dvd then. I could have sworn he said though. He also did it at the HOF. On the original Spike TV airing you can hear it. Heenan did it at the 04 HOF. I remember HBK when he was with the nWo and the name change had just happened, he said something about WWF,the said "I'm sorry, WWE(and he really accentuated the E, really funny)

Raven to Sabu at some TNA show: Come out of the showers... I mean shadows.

Lillian Garcia (after Test beat Nash): And the winner is Kevin... Test.

Howard Finkel (introducing Jericho w/Benoit): And coming to the ring, being accompanied by Chris Jericho, from Winnipeg Manitoba, Chris... uh... Jericho.

loved that finkel slip up infact I even am putting it in my sig now.

Bam Bam Bigelow repeatedly referring to The Wall as "The World" during a promo in WCW.

Dennis Rodman called Lex Luger "Lex Luthor"

To be fair, I'm not certain this should be considered a slip up though (sure Rodman was in "no condition to perform" most of his apperances in WCW but still). Hogan, even as a heel, had himself booked as a "Superman" type of character and at the time the NBC/NBA PR machine were hyping Jordan/Pippen and Rodman as "Superman (Jordan) Batman (Pippen) and Rodman!"

So it may have been a legit blast at Luger

Steve

Guest Ransome
Lilian after a Hardcore Title match: "The winner, and still WWF champion, Crash Holly!"

Lilian again: "From Pennsylvania, Philadelphia..."

Lilian yet again: "From Winnetoba, Manitoba, Canada, Chris Jericho!"

Guess who: "Coming down the aisle, weighing in at a combined weight of xxx pounds, Raven!"

Man, Lillian probably deserves a thread of her own.

Another Lillian one I just remembered (that I don't think anyone else mentioned) happened on the ECW Invasion Raw. The five-man WCW team comes down to the ring, and Lillian is clearly clueless:

"Introducing.......Shawn Stasiak.............Chuck O'Hara........."

JR even had to mention it on commentary.

Guest Edgehead

At St. Valentines Day Massacre Ken Shamrock goes outside the ring to talk smack to his 'sister' Ryan. Then you clearly hear him instruct her to slap him.

On the April 10th Nitro, Eric Bischoff said the 'scissors' line to Sid twice cos' nobody, (the announcers, Sid or the fans) reacted to it the first time.

Scott Steiner at the funeral for Kevin Nash the night after Superbrawl 2001. There were so many cock ups in one segment I cant remember them all.

Guest Stunt Granny

"Owen Hell, uh Owen Hart, you have hell to pay son!"

There was a hilarious Sting promo where he's all intense as can be before a match with Meng and he call him Haku, he pauses for about 5 seconds then corrects himself. Good stuff.

Another was from Nitro right after Russo joined the team and everybody in WCW was grabbing their crotch to try to be cool. The best was when Dean Malenko of all people got in on the newest thing.

"Chris Benoit, I got your friendship right here!" Dean then grabs his crotch and looks to the crowd for response and gets NONE. I mean the building when DEAD as soon as he did it, poor Dean.

I remmeber someone on the net said that the bulldog bizzare line was basically some sort of British slang or something.

yeah, bizzare is a British word, means wierd or unpredictable. how that means he's gonna win the Royal Rumble i have no idea.

"Bobby the Heenan Weasel"

I'm watching my SNME tapes...

Vince: "Let's go to Mean Gene who's standing by with Mean Gene."

"Owen Hell, uh Owen Hart, you have hell to pay son!"

There was a hilarious Sting promo where he's all intense as can be before a match with Meng and he call him Haku, he pauses for about 5 seconds then corrects himself. Good stuff.

Another was from Nitro right after Russo joined the team and everybody in WCW was grabbing their crotch to try to be cool. The best was when Dean Malenko of all people got in on the newest thing.

"Chris Benoit, I got your friendship right here!"  Dean then grabs his crotch and looks to the crowd for response and gets NONE. I mean the building when DEAD as soon as he did it, poor Dean.

That Dean moment is priceless. Wish I had it on tape.

Guest Edgehead

Vince: That is another thing your language.......................I said your language.

Austin: Yeah Vince I heard you the first time. Jesus Christ give me a chance.

I remember right after Fall Brawl 98 where DDP won that atrocious War Games to win a shot at Goldberg, the next night he was cutting a promo and uttered "HALLOWMEEN" Havoc, emphasis on the "M" because he then rolled his eyes at himself in disgust for not being able to pronounce the word. Just funny as hell to me.

Guest Dale Earnhardt
Vince: That is another thing your language.......................I said your language.

Austin: Yeah Vince I heard you the first time. Jesus Christ give me a chance.

That wasn't a flubb, it actually went

Vince: That's another thing I want to talk to you about, your language.

Austin: Dammit, Vince, you're right.

Vince: I said your language

Austin: Jesus Christ, son I'm trying to apologive. Gimmie a chance.

Paraphrased but it wasn't a flubb it was more of Vince mentioning Austin's language, Austin's cursing in his reply and Vince repeating himself for emphasis.