TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fook

Free doughnuts tomorrow

Guest Fook

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050601/nyw070.html?.v=15

Krispy Kreme Celebrates Doughnut Day

Wednesday June 1, 6:47 am ET 

Stop by Krispy Kreme for a free doughnut of your choice on Friday, June 3rd, 2005

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., June 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Could there be a sweeter day of the year? On Friday, June 3rd, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD - News) celebrates National Doughnut Day by offering customers a free doughnut of their choice in participating stores throughout the U.S.

National Doughnut Day was established in 1938 by the Chicago Salvation Army to raise much-needed funds during the Great Depression and to honor the work of World War I Salvation Army volunteers who prepared doughnuts for thousands of soldiers. National Doughnut Day is celebrated annually on the first Friday in June.

"National Doughnut Day is a perfect time for us to give a little something back to our loyal customers throughout the country," said Stan Parker, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Krispy Kreme. "It's also a great opportunity to build awareness and acknowledge the continued good work of the Salvation Army."

Founded in 1937 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Krispy Kreme is a leading branded specialty retailer of premium quality doughnuts including the Company's signature Hot Original Glazed. Krispy Kreme currently operates more than 380 stores in 45 U.S. states, Canada, Australia, Mexico, the Republic of South Korea and the United Kingdom. Krispy Kreme can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.krispykreme.com.

Information contained in this press release, other than historical information, should be considered forward-looking. In particular, the Company has made predictions about its forecasted growth in systemwide sales for the second half of the fiscal year and the fiscal year overall, its revised development plans and estimated new store openings for the fiscal year and the potential for its new product and cost saving initiatives. Forward-looking statements are subject to various risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those anticipated, estimated or expected. Among the key factors that may have a direct bearing on Krispy Kreme's operating results, performance or financial condition are its dependence on franchisees to execute its store expansion strategy, supply issues, changes in consumer preferences and perceptions, the failure of new products or cost saving initiatives to contribute to financial results in the timeframe or amount currently estimated, the outcome of the pending investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission, the pending shareholder class action, and the pending shareholder derivative action, and numerous other factors discussed in Krispy Kreme's periodic reports, proxy statement and other information statements filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Last time I went to Krispy Kreme which was back in October, they gave away free doughnuts. Me and my friends entered the door every few minutes and the old man didn't notice we kept coming in.

Guest DonVito

Good work with the content Fook. I know where I'm going to be tommorow. Nothing better than a free doughnut!

Guest Vitamin X

They give away free doughnuts anyways while you wait in line, in the mornings. I think at night, also.

Now if they said something about a free dozen..