TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angles Broken Fricken Neck

Early number of ONS buys in

Wow. Not THAT surprising, but still, WOW. Thats like WrestleMania numbers.

Well yeah, pretty much. I think we can safely call this the biggest wrestling event of the year, and forgetting Mania, of the last few years.

Guest Dawn

I think that because of the success of this PPV, we'll see the buyrate rise higher with the purchase of encore performances.

Can someone liste the buyrates of the PPVs the past year or so?

no need, if its true, it blows everything out of the water except wm 21 and i think the next ppv to be that high was wm 17...

Are you sure about that? I want to get excited, but I want to be sure. :)

I know shit about buyrates.

Can someone liste the buyrates of the PPVs the past year or so?

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but here it is.

In the past year, the average major non-Wrestlemania show got about 400,000-450,000 buys.

The average single-brand PPV has gotten less than 300,000 buys, with Taboo Tuesday coming in below 200,000 for the lowest buyrate since the mid-90s.

The last PPV that got above this mark was Wrestlemania 21, which had a record-setting 1 million buys IIRC.

The last non-Wrestlemania PPV to get above this mark was, IIRC, Summerslam 2002, which was about equal to this show.

The last PPV that was NOT one of the Big Five (Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Royal Rumble, King Of The Ring, Survivor Series) to get this kind of buyrate was InVasion back in 2001, which was the ONLY non-Wrestlemania, non-Summerslam show to get that kind of buyrate.

Pretty much, this guarantees that there will be a second ECW PPV at the least.

This also bolsters the chances of Paul E. and Tommy Dreamer convincing Vince to fund an ECW feeder league for the WWE, which would serve as the AAA ball-club of the developmental territories.

(The new Atlanta territory is considered to be a step below Ohio Valley Wrestling, so it would be the A ball-club, while OVW would be the AA ball-club)

Guest rawmvp

The number is legit.

We knew about the WM 21 buyrate the next night, so I don't know why some of you think it's inconceivable.

Thank God for RVD pitching this idea to Vince, because the entire wrestling landscape just changed.

Thats pretty freaking amazing for an ECW PPV to get #4 or #5 all time. Wow.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Ive never seen a real buyrate come out that quick.

I believe they factor in the replay buys as well, and those haven't even happened.

I haven't even seen the Judgment Day number published yet, so.

WWE always has them on their website, when its posted there I'll believe it.

Guest rawmvp

The initial preliminary estimate of WM 21 was 900K buys and it ended up over a million, which bodes well for ONS

And don't forget, the WWE.com server went down because of the insane demand for the ONS webcast -- that didn't happen on the day of WM 21.

At 800,000, ONS would be #5, behind WM 21, WM 17, WM 20 and WM 18, but if goes above 840,000, then it will be #4.

What is your source?

The numbers I'm looking at show every Wrestlemania except XI, XII, XIII and XIX beating One Night Stand.

And what is your source?

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/p...wf/wwfppvbr.htm

Guest Vitamin X
Thank God for RVD pitching this idea to Vince, because the entire wrestling landscape just changed.

He deserves a big push for this..

... HAHAHAHAHA. Hey, I can hope..