TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toxxic

Your favourite SWF entrances

Given that we are able to write whatever we damn well please and aren't generally limited by budget, fire regulations or whatever, we have had some pretty kick-ass entrances for wrestlers. So... which ones are your favourites? Either someone's regular entrance, or a 'special occasion' one where someone's pulled out all the stops. You CAN mention your own if you have a particular hard-on for it, but please explain why.

My faves:

Trinity-era Janus/Terrence Bailey: I just really dug the 'Height: 7'2, Weight: 360lbs, Status: RELEASED' shit, and the searchlight effect.

Sacred: Possibly slightly ripped from the nWo, but still a very, very good entrance. And although I've never actually heard his entrance music the description of it makes it sound very unique.

Kibagami: The combination of music and pyro was always very vivid and made him seem like a superstar.

Edwin: How can you not love the mini-promo?

Honourable Mention: Ejiro at G4. Ripped, but intentionally so.

Ejiro's US Title Entrance. It was so obvious, but no one had ever thought to do it before.

Both the Mag 7 (HERE WE ARE! BORN TO BE KINGS!) and the Carnies (For Love Rollercoaster).

CIA with Secret Agent Man.

Leon Sharpe's sales pitch for merchandise.

And finally...

Fugue's for the demented pleasure of Toccata And Fugue in D Minor. It just fit him so well.

Sacred: I've actually heard the tune used in his entrance, and combined with the whole "We are controlling transmission" (Outer Limits!) it just made a beautiful and almost ominous entrance.

Kibagami: I'm incredibly fond of the Art of War quote that always pops up, and then the opening part of The River Dragon Has Come coupled with the smoke and the pyro.

The Unholy Trinity: Darkness, smoke, laser light, and Machine Head. "LET FREEDOM RING WITH A SHOTGUN BLAST!"

Todd Royal: Come on. The man has his own choir sing him to the ring. How can you argue with something as sweet as that?

The Magnificent Seven: Born to be Kings!

Todd Royal: Come on. The man has his own choir sing him to the ring. How can you argue with something as sweet as that?

You know, it's rather sad that he didn't stick around and run with the whole Choir entrance after me and WC came up with that and did the whole "Awesome Todd" song for From the Fire 04. We also gave him his personal Choir Leader, Michael M. Smith too. :)

You're also in luck cause I have it... best Landon Maddix entrance ever!

Suddenly the house lights drop.

Then after several moments of some rather uncomfortable silence, a single spotlight shines down onto the stage, revealing a full choir with a full band on the sides of the stage.

“What in the name of Ma Kent are those people doing out here,” wonders Comet aloud. “They look like a church choir!”

“That’s because it IS a church choir,” Bobby answers. “Todd’s Angels, to be more precise, and I think they brought just about everything out here tonight except for the kitchen sink! We have a piano, drums, guitars, and even a bass player!”

“Ladies and Gentlemen,” bellows Funyon, “please welcome at this time… Todd’s Angels with Michael M. Smith!”

“Who’s Michael M. Smith,” asks Comet. “I’ve heard of Michael W. Smith, but who is this? His evil twin?”

“Ahem,” begins Michael M. Smith, stepping up to the front and center microphone. “If everyone would so kindly rise, it is now time for Praise and Worship!”

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

“Praise and Worship… what the hell… ”

“Come on, Comet,” beckons Bobby, pulling on his commentating partner’s arm. “Sing with me, my Brother.”

“I will do no such thing,” snaps Comet, jerking his arm back.

“Now,” continues Michael, paper balls whizzing past his head, “for those of us who do not know all the words to this Hymn, we have graciously placed them upon this rather large screen behind me. You can follow the little bouncing ball from word to word, and not even your closest friend will realize that you couldn’t remember the words.”

As Michael’s trap finally closes, the SmarkTron™ lights up with a blue back ground and a little dove holding a clover in its mouth gently flapping it’s wings, with the title to the Hymn written a bold black letters. It reads: “AWESOME TODD”.

“Oh,” Bobby shouts with glee, “this is one of my favorites!”

Michael nods towards the pianist, and he begins to play the slow melodic opening notes to “Awesome Todd”. For a few measures he goes on, adding a few extra flares into the melody while the band begins to lightly sprinkle a few notes here and there.

I’ll say,” says Comet, “this band is creating what would be a rather beautiful harmony of music if it weren’t used in the manner that it is about to be used in.”

“Will you please hush, Comet,” pleads Bobby, his hands raised high into the air. “I’m trying to worship.”

Finally a lead electric guitar blares through just as the drums drop in, bringing the song up to full tempo as the Choir begins to sing.

“OUR TOOOODD IS AN AWESOME TODD, HE REEEEIGNS FROM HIGH ABOVE YOU!

WITH WIIINING POWER AND WRATH, OUR TODD IS AN AWESOME TODD!”

“When He rolls up a jobber He ain't just pulling on the tights,” sings Michael.

(Choir) “Our Todd is an awesome Todd~!”

(Smith) “There is thunder in His Boot-scrape and lightning in His Hammerlock!”

(Smith) “Todd wasn't joking when He told ‘em off at Lockdown, it won’t be for no reason that, He’ll shed their blood, His entrance is very close and so you better be believing that!”

(First group) “OUR TOOOODD-”

(Second group) “Our Tooooooooooooodd!”

(First group) “-IS AN AWESOME TODD, HE REEEEIGNS-”

(Second group) “He reiiii-A-Un-iiiignns!”

(Together) “-FROM HIGH ABOVE YOU! WITH WIIINING POWER AND WRATH OUR TODD IS AN AWESOME TODD!”

(First group) “-IS AN AWESOME TODD HE REEEEIGNS-”

(Together) “-FROM HIGH ABOVE YOU! WITH WIIINING POWER AND WRATH OUR TODD IS AN AWESOME TODD!”

(Smith) “And when the House was title-less like the rest of the Unnamed!”

(Smith) “He saw Wild and Dangerous and said those belts would be his!”

(Smith) “Judgment and wrath He’ll bring it to the ring

Mercy and grace He left at the table

I hope that you have not too quickly forgotten that!”

(First group) “OUR TOOOODD-” “Our Tooooooooooooodd!”

(First group) “-IS AN AWESOME TODD HE REEEEIGNS-” “He reiiii-A-Un-iiiignns!”

“-FROM HIGH ABOVE YOU! WITH WIIINING POWER AND WRATH OUR TODD IS AN AWESOME TODD!”

(All) “OUR TOOOODD IS AN AWESOME TODD HE REEEEIGNS FROM HIGH ABOVE YOU!

WITH WIIINING POWER AND WRATH OUR TODD IS AN AWESOME TODD!”

“OUR TOOOODD IS AN AWESOME TODD HE REEEEIGNS FROM HIGH ABOVE YOU!

WITH WIIINING POWER AND WRATH OUR TODD IS AN AWESOME TODD!”

“OUR TODD IS AN AWESOME TODD!!”

“ANNNNNND MEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAN AIIIIIIIN’T HAAAAAAALF BAAAAAAAD TOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

(Crowd) - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

“I don’t think these fans liked that too much,” notes Comet as Todd’s Angels all exit to backstage in a single-file line.

“Gee,” replies Bobby, “would you expect any else out these Heathens?”

Suddenly the lights drop out completely and AC/DC's "Shoot To Thrill" thunders through the arena, the volume pumped all the way up to fight against the surging boos. A single spotlight shining down onto the stage illuminates the figures of Megan Skye, Todd Royal and Landon Maddix as they emerge from the back. Megan steps forward pantomiming a belt around her waist then turns and extends her hands out to Todd Royal and Landon Maddix.