TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fro

OVW Results Thread...

I just got back from the OVW Six Flags Summer Sizzler Series Finale at Kentucky Kingdom. This was my first OVW live show and I had a pretty good time. I did get some video, but I'll discuss that later. As for the show...

"Dark" Match

This was a dark match, if there can be such a thing at a live show. I call it a dark match because Dean Hill was not out there yet and the OVW theme song played after the match.

Battle Royal - Winner gets a shot at OVW Heavyweight Champion CM Punk this Wednesday at the Davis Arena.

I have no idea how many guys were in this match. From what I remember, Seth Skyfire, Shad Gaspard, The Neighborhoodie, Deuce, Domino, Mike Kruel, Rod Steel, Eddie Craven, Jack Bull, John Bolen, Shawn Osborne, Lexxox Lightfoot, Pat Buck, Elijah Burke and Johnny Punch. There a few more guys I can't remember (and had never seen before. For example, a guy in a park ranger uniform). Bull was staggering around the ring drunk for the duration of the match. He finally climbed in with about 10 guys left. The match boils down to Elijah Burke, Deuce and Jack Bull. Deuce goes to throw Burke out, but Burke catches him with a leg scissors, pulling both of them to the apron. Jack Bull staggers over and knocks them both out, earning a shot at CM Punk this Wednesday.

WINNER: Jack Bull

It was your basic battle royal. Nothing too special here, other than Jack Bull doing his thing, which I am a fan of. I did get a good look at Sosay and she is smoking. I don't think she can bump, but she would be a welcome addition to the WWE.

--The OVW theme song hits and Dean Hill comes out to the timekeepers table.

Match One

Shawn Spears & Serena vs. Charles "The Hammer" Evans & ODB

This match stems from this past Saturday's OVW TV show. Serena has been calling out ODB because she is parading around with a OVW Women's Title she supposedly won in Rio (wink, wink). Evans became ODB's backup and there was a confrontation between the four last Saturday night, setting up this match.

The match was bad. ODB runs from Serena, Evans tags in and fights Spears. ODB comes back in, only to run away from Serena. Repeat that about two more times and you'll have a good idea about what happened in this match. Spears and Serena get stereo 10 punches inthe corner on Evans and ODB. Spears hits Evans with a clothesline and Serena spears ODB, allowing both to make the pin.

Bad match. That's all I can say.

WINNER: Shawn Spears & Serena

Match Two

Chet The Jet vs. Boris Alexiev (w/ Mr. Stongko)

This was a pretty decent, albeit short, contest. Alexiev worked the arm to set up for his modified armbar submission. At one point, Alexiev started working the wrong arm, but made up for it by locking in the Rings of Saturn. At least he had enough sense to use a move that attacked both arms. Alexiev went for the armbar, but got rolled up by Chet for the pin.

Alexiev attacks Chet post match and locks in the armbar. It takes four referees to pull Alexiev off of Chet.

Not a bad little match. Both put in a good deal of effort and it showed. Alexiev continues to look completely badass and while I'm no Chet fan, he looked pretty good, too.

WINNER: Chet The Jet

Match Three

The OVW Originals ("Ironman" Rob Conway, Doug & Danny Basham, Eugene and "Nightmare" Danny Davis) vs. The Spirit Squad (Johnny, Mikey, Mitch) and Deuce & Domino

The three Spirit Squad members came out and looked to the back, which brought out Deuce and Domino. No mention was made of where the other two SS members were.

This match was for longtime OVW fans. Lots of fun spots with the crowd popping big for Eugene (which is baffling). Both Johnny and Mikey came out with the "Nightmare" star painted on each of their eyes like Danny Davis use to wear. The match breaks down (as expected) with members of each team brawling all over the ringside area. Two members of the Spirit Squad (Johnny and Mitch, I think) are left in the ring with Danny Davis. One mistimed punch later, Johnny is sent to the outside and Davis drops Mitch with a nice looking neckbreaker for the pin.

Davis hugs the OVW Originals after the match and they all drop to a knee to show their respect for the OVW owner.

WINNERS: The OVW Originals

Match Four

Brent Albright vs. Randy Orton

Albright earned the right to face Orton by winning a gauntelt match last week on OVW TV. Crowd pops huge for Orton. The two have a pose off to see who can get the most cheers. Despite the fact that Orton is the obvious heel, he gets the loudest pop. Albright goes for the Crowbar early, but can't get it locked on. Match goes to the outside where Albright slams Orton's head into a garbage can repeadly. The thrd time, it sends Orton over the railing. Security runs to the scene to keep the fans from getting too close.

Back in the ring Orton takes control. He goes for the RKO, but gets pushed off. Albright hits the ropes and goes for a move, only to be caught by the RKO. Orton gets the win.

This match was proof that Albright does not need to be in OVW anymore. He's not going to get any better. It was a nice back and forth match and while the winner was obvious, there were enough close calls to make you think Alrbight might pick up the win.

WINNER: Randy Orton

Match Five

Cody Runnels & Dusty Rhodes vs. Aaron "The Idol" Stevens & KC James

Idol and James have been tormenting Runnels for weeks. Rhodes appeared on OVW TV last Saturday saying that he will team with his son (who, until that point, was never referenced as Dusty's son. It was alluded to, though, like the Jerry Lawler/Brian Christopher thing) at Six Flags.

Match starts with Dusty showing how powerful the Bionic Elbow is. Both James and Idol take a breather after getting their arms nailed by Big Dust. Old school tag match with Cody quickly becoming the face in peril. Cody finally makes the tag and Dusty goes to town, dropping the Bionic Elbow on everything that moves. Cody comes back in the ring and we get stereo flip, flop and flies. Idol falls to the outside. James walks into one more Bionic Elbow and gets rolled up by Cody.

Post match, Cody gets the mic to thank his dad for wrestling with him. He says it is probably the last time he and his dad will ever team together.

"A long time ago, I told my dad that my favorite wrestler was Shawn Michaels. That was the biggest lie I ever told. As great of a wrestler that he his, my favorite wrestler is my dad. He's my hero. I know you never raised me to be a wrestler, but I swear to God I won't fail."

Dusty and Cody hug in the middle of the ring. A nice moment between the father and son.

WINNERS: Dusty Rhodes and Cody Runnels

Match Six

Cage Match

Al Snow vs. Simon Dean

This feud has been building up all summer. It started when Snow tried to stop Dean from attacking Shawn Spears back in June. They have feuded all summer and the only way to resolve it was to have the first cage match in OVW history.

Snow enters the cage first while Dean paces outside. Dean gets on the mic and says he doesn't have to get in the cage if he doesn't want to. Snow comes out and chases him around the cage. Dean runs in the cage and holds the door shut, keeping Snow on the outside. Snow tries to climb up the cage, but Dean kicks it at every attempt. Finally, Snow picks up a chair and smashes the fingers of Dean as he is holding the door shut.

The finally lock up and Snow hammers away on Dean. They try throwing eachother into the cage, but every attempt gets blocked. Dean finally reverses an Irish Whip and slings Snow into the cage wall. Dean proceeds to go to work on Snow, beating him all over the ring. Snow fgets the upper hand by nailing an enzuguri. Dean retakes the advantage and tries to climb out of the cage, but gets stopped. The top of the cage also bends in a little. Snow knocks him off and becomes a house of fire. Dean is in a bad way. Snow goes for the door and almost exits before looking back at Dean and deciding to beat him up some more. Snow goes for a clothesline, but Dean ducks, causing Snow to knock out the referee. Snow proceeds to whip Dean into each side of the cage. Dean hits a backflip, sending Snow back-first into the cage.

Dean goes to climb out again, but gets stopped. They both battle for position atop the cage, with Snow gaining the upper hand. Snow hooks him in a front facelock and SUPERPLEXES SIMON DEAN FROM THE TOP OF THE CAGE! The crowd comes to their feet, but both wrestlers are down. They stay down for a solid minute before Al Snow begins to make his way to the door. Dean, a little slower to get up, makes it to the door to stop Snow from escaping by grabbing the door from the inside and slamming it in Snow's face.

Dean gets a second wind, but it gets cut short by a low blow. Snow sets Dean up for the Snowplow and nails it. The referee comes to and counts the three!

An awesome match between these two and a great blow-off to a hot feud. There were so many great spots that kept the crowd entertain for the duration of this nearly 30 minute match. Awesome stuff from these guys.

WINNER: Al Snow

The four featured matches were well worth the $20 I paid to get in the park. As far as the video goes, it is going to be very clipped. Security came up to me during the match with the Originals and asked if I was taping. Obviously I said no, but they watched me like a hawk the rest of the night. I had to start and stop a lot so that it looked like I was only taking pictures. There is going to be a lot of clipping when I get the files posted. I'm not sure about the quality yet. It looks pretty good on the camera screen, but who knows what it will look like once I get it on a computer. There was not enough lighting, either, so the video gets darker as the night progresses.

I'll be posting the Originals vs. SS match (it barely got clipped). I've got Dusty & Cody's entrance and the last 5 or so minutes of it. I'll also be posting the cage match, which is clipped to hell, but mostly in tact. I'll try to get those up sometime tomorrow.

Here is the video I got from Six Flags. It didn't turn out too bad considering the bad lighting and the necessary stops due to security eyeballing me. I've added the build up fir the Originals vs. Spirit Squad match and a promo video I quickly threw together for Snow/Dean.

Al Snow vs. Simon Dean promo video

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H10LCFFT

Al Snow vs. Simon Dean - Cage Match

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I3TGQV64

OVW Originals vs. Spirit Squad Build Up

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0TB9JFK1

The OVW Originals vs. Spirit Squad

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4D6XNV70

Cody Runnels & Dusty Rhodes vs. Idol Stevens and KC James - clipped to entrances and last few minutes of the match

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RJWGECEF

Southern Tag Team Title Match

CM Punk & Seth Skyfire vs. Deuce & Domino ©

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YPR9T6NN

The seeds are being planted for Punk vs. Skyfire. While I don't think Seth Skyfire is the guy to carry the belt for OVW, their blow-off match should be pretty good. Punk looks like he is going to be the one to turn, though they could keep them both as faces that hate each other. I think that would be a better set-up to their feud.

Guest DRH 502

Well I went to OVW last night in E-town to kill a few hours before the UFC PPV. Brent Albright was there, but besides that there wasn't much to talk about. This show pretty much did me in on seeing pro wrestling live...It was a waste of 12 dollars just like it was every other show i've been to. Jack Bull is a fucking retard, and OVW wrestlers throw the fucking poorest looking strikes i've ever saw. Plus, you know...like...when the first match ends with a DDT, and Paul Birchall comes out and uses a DDT as a near fall, what does that say about him? He is a lazy peice of shit who couldn't have been bothered to watch the first match and see what NOT to do in the second. Whatever. OVW blows my fucking balls, and they aren't even good at that. I left about 5 minutes into Albrights match cause it was like 15 after 10 and I wanted to get home in time to watch the UFC PPV. But yeah thumbs down...

Every time I read results from OVW house shows, I wonder why anybody goes to them. The undercrad is typically filled with guys that have not made it on TV or guys are not remotely over (or talented). The main event is usually a joke, too. I saw results from one of the recent E-town shows and the main event was Aaron Stevens vs. Goose Mahoney, a referee, in a "Loser Can Never Come Back To E-town Match". Blah.

As for their TV show, CM Punk vs. Seth Skyfire is on. This will be the rubber match between the two. New guys are being pushed, like Eddie Craven and Shawn Spears. Other than Skyfire and Evans, there are no real main eventers. Albright's barely been on TV since he was sent back down. Masters won't be around long enough to justify putting him in the main event. The next tier is Chet the Jet, Boris Alexiev and Cody Runnels and I wouldn't buy Chet as a credible main eventer. They are running out of unique guys. Shawn Spears vs. Pat Buck isn't going to keep me watching.

Seth Skyfire © vs. Charles "The Hammer" Evans

I added all of the Skyfire/Punk confrontations, too.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9T98X37R

This was a good match that really made Evans look like a badder ass than he has already been made to look. There is also nice progression of the Punk/Skyfire feud.

Guest DRH 502

Well, to be fair, they advertise lots of dudes but they never actually put out a card for any of these shows. They still have Punk on their posters even though its common knowledge he is working the ECW house shows. Regardless, OVW sucks. They have a few bright spots on their TV shows but for the most part they have a roster full of roided up guys who honestly don't look like they have watched a single great wrestling match and are only their in hopes they can get signed since most of the wrestlers I know personally are nothing more than bums who were too lazy to work and get a real job.

I'm pretty sure that once the Punk/Skyfire feud is blown off and Punk is gone from OVW for good, I'm not going to be watching anymore. There really is nobody there attracting my interest.

OVW TV TAPING RESULTS--SNUKA APPEARS

BY Ron Holmes

DARK MATCHES:

TJ Dalton/John Bolen def. Johnny Punch/Pat Buck

Vic D. Vine over Lennox Lightfoot

Eddie Craven III beat The Neighborhoodie

Real McCoy def. Robbie Dawber

Paul Burchill beat Bad Seed Shawn Osborne

Mike Kruel over Elijah Burke

TV TAPING:

Serena/Beth Phoenix def. ODB/Katie Lee

Charles "Hammer" Evans beat Wyatt Young

Gunner Scott over Chris Masters

Silverback Ryan Reeves beat Raul Loco

KC James/Idol Stevens vs Sean Spears/Cody Runnels match was interrupted when Deuce and Domino attacked Spears and Runnels. Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka (Deuces' real father) came out for the save, to a huge crowd pop.

CM Punk was scheduled to a match with Seth Skyfire. Skyfire suffered a beatdown from Charles the Hammer Evans prior to the match and was unable to wrestle. Chet the Jet took his place, winning the OVW title in was probably CM Punk's final OVW match.