TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Guest NYankees

Nothing wrong with that. Let me know when Suikoden 5 and KH2 hit 10 dollars.

Can you play two players on Xbox 360 Live? Like if my friend and I want to play two player and also be on Live.

Can you play two players on Xbox 360 Live? Like if my friend and I want to play two player and also be on Live.

Depends on the game. Differant games let you have differant options. For example.

Halo 2, you can have a guest play split screen with you over Xbox Live in either a custom game or a unranked matchmaking game.

Some games don't let you do that over Xbox live and some do, it all depends on the game.

Nintendo needs to quit ripping off the worst aspects of Apple.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AYIZL...glance&n=468642

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...0.8.25.7.11.0.3

Yes, there are officially licensed Nintendo Game Boy Micro "Sox." I actually saw them in EBgames yesterday.

At least Nintendo is offering a better price on them.

BTW, Tekken 5 is now 20 bucks (saw it has gone GH at Walmart). SC3 can't be too far behind.

Yeah, Anya... I actually played it in Best Buy awhile back and I had fun with it... nice to see most of my tactics with Taki still work.

On the other hand...their (Nintendo) warranties are great:

http://www.nintendo.com//consumer/manuals/warrantyinfo.jsp

"Nintendo of America Inc. ("Nintendo") warrants to the original purchaser that the hardware product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase."

That's awesome. Even better, I never knew that because I've never had to send any of my Nintendo systems in for repairs. Both Sony and MS' warranties are 90 days (although you can PAY to get an extended service contract on it), for comparison.

I have a bad disk drive in my Cube and its past warranty. It usually crashes during Metroid Prime.

My Xbox was crashing three or four years into owning it. I sent it for free and now it only crashes while playing Shenmue II/

I sure there is something wrong with my PS2 drive. I think games should be loading faster or I could be wrong.

The Dreamcast never gave me any problems.

So while in NYC, I decided to buy a DS packed with Mario Kart as well as Tetris, Mario 64 DS, New Mario, and Brian Age from the Nintendo store. I guess if I gave them $20 more they would have engraved a triforce or whatever Nintendo symbol I chose on it, but I opted not to (kinda wish I did now, for uniqueness). Good times so far, and happy to know things like trauma center and Phoenix Wright, as well as other titles, are available as games that meant nothing to me until now but people seem to like.

Those mystery cubes that come with minuatures were no longer being sold.

I took some pictures of the museum area of the store if anyone would like me to post them tomorrow (the camera I had when I was there previously did not function properly).

I guess if I gave them $20 more they would have engraced a triforce or whatever Nintendo symbol I chose on it, but I opted not to (kinda wish I did now, for uniqueness).

Seriously? Could they do something like that through mail order?

That does sound pretty cool. Unfortunately, a quick overview of the store's site shows that it doesn't mention anything regarding the engraving.

For now.

Probably in 6 mos. we get new colors and the option to purchase online and get them engraved.

But hopefully then the engraving will be free.

Come on, green with triforce engraving in time for Phantom Hourglass....

And pink, for Anya.

It was neat, he showed me the laser cutter device and I saw a sheet of templates (I don't know for sure that the triforce was on it, but I think it was - only thing I saw for certain was a mushroom). Somehow I just thought it seemed like way too nerdy a way to spend $20, even for me. It's only after the fact I realized it was just nerdy enough and would have been interesting to show my other DS owning friends.

Dragon Quest VIII for PS2 will be clearanced for an amazing $9.99 at Circuit City starting a week from today. Fuck yeah, I'm finally picking the game up.

How good is this game, is it worth picking up? Keep in mind, I like modern psx-onwards final fantasies and some other rpgs. I more tolerate strictly turn-based fighting rather than actually liking them. What i mean is, I like rpgs with epic stories and all that, but I am not interesting in a return to or recapturing of the "golden days of SNES rpgs". Would I like DQ8?

At $10, it's definitely worth a try. I rarely like turn-based RPGs, but I loved DQVIII.

I played it for 3 weeks or so untill my brother "borrowed" it(I dont expect to be getting it back any time soon), but from what I played, it was a quality game. Although, I do like the old-school RPGs. So I guess that wasn't really that helpful.

Hey, post 105!

I have a bad disk drive in my Cube and its past warranty. It usually crashes during Metroid Prime.

My Xbox was crashing three or four years into owning it. I sent it for free and now it only crashes while playing Shenmue II/

I sure there is something wrong with my PS2 drive. I think games should be loading faster or I could be wrong.

The Dreamcast never gave me any problems.

I never had any problems with my PS2 and my Gamecube only froze when I played Metroid Prime. My Xbox on the other hand, had random crashes with several games. I always thought the "Disc error. Your disc may be dirty or damaged." screen was due to audio problems because either the music/reply was skipping or it didn't load.

The worst was with NHL 2k5. It's a great game, but the real challenge was getting through a game without having a disc error. For each 60:00 game I played, there was maybe 100+ minutes invested in it because there was an error in the beginning of the third period. I turned off the commentators so there would be less sound to load, but the game crashed anyway. Are all 2k games like this ?