TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO Smackdown Thread: 6/30/05

On Smackdown tonight, Michael Cole announced that with tonioght's midnight trade deadline, fans should check out WWE.com for up-to-the-minute news on any RAW/SD trades that are made between Teddy Long and Eric Bischoff after SD is over.

From Insidepulse.

Edit: I credited the wrong source.

Edited by TheManErnieRowe

I'll just say, Wow, when was the last match to actually start at the halfway mark...and actually go to the end of the show?

Granted, it's a 6 man match, but still.

I'll just say, Wow, when was the last match to actually start at the halfway mark...and actually go to the end of the show?

I expect this is the longest television match since the Benoit/HHH Iron Man match from last August.

And the crowd was pretty into this considering the show is approaching the four hour mark for them.

I know it's been said before, or..uhh, the opposite of said, but I have to say I love JBL's character. He's like the only character to actually CHERISH the title. And just, seems like he would give his life for it. (Ok, barring HHH, but that's more of an off screen persona).

But the way he just like started jumping around and hugging the ref and stuff just now was great.

It's going to be great when JBL beats Batista for the title, then brags about it rubbing in HHH's face, since HHH couldn't do it himself.

Just wait, you know it'll happen.

Guest *KNK*

I expect this is the longest television match since the Benoit/HHH Iron Man match from last August.

And the crowd was pretty into this considering the show is approaching the four hour mark for them.

I think for actual wrestling time, the 8 man tag match last year went longer

Which one was that? I must have missed it.

Guest *KNK*

Which one was that? I must have missed it.

Chris Benoit, Mick Foley, Shelton Benjamin and Chris Jericho(?) Vs Triple H, Orton, Batista and Flair/Christian.

I might be off on the fourth man for each team.

It's going to be great when JBL beats Batista for the title, then brags about it rubbing in HHH's face, since HHH couldn't do it himself.

That would be an absolutely horrible booking move.

That would be an absolutely horrible booking move.

How so? I actually think that would be a match that would 'draw' as everyone says neither of them can do.

You're all for a guy who just defeated Triple H three times in a row and should be on the momentum of a lifetime to up and job the belt to freaking Bradshaw?

I mean really now.

Yep. It would be worth it just to see the responses here.

I enjoy JBL about a million times more than Batista, as of right now. I'm hoping that will change, and I'll start to enjoy Batista more, now that he's away from HHH. He's needed something new for months now.

Yep. It would be worth it just to see the responses here.

I enjoy JBL about a million times more than Batista, as of right now. I'm hoping that will change, and I'll start to enjoy Batista more, now that he's away from HHH. He's needed something new for months now.

Stop being selfish. It would basically kill Batista dead to throw away any heat he gained from being unbeaten against Trips to lose to a guy that very few people genuinely care about. Now if Batista drops the title, and then loses to JBL at some point, I wouldn't care, but putting the belt back on him would basically have ruined their top face for no reason at all.

I'm not being selfish. I have a wrestler I like, and I wouldn't mind seeing him win. It's no different than when I wanted Benoit to beat HHH for the title. I didn't want Benoit to win because I'm all anti-HHH and everything, I'm just a big Benoit fan.

Actually this is Stephanie McMahon and Dave Lagana writing this show. Eddy being the daddy is too easy, you have to dig deep and find something really convoluted.

Rey didn't have enough money to pay the bill for Dominic's birth. Rey initially wanted his wife to have an abortion, in order to save money. Eddie told Rey about the joys of having a child and offered to loan him the money for the hospital stay. Rey still hasn't paid Eddie back. According to the loan conditions, if Rey doesn't pay Eddie back by the day after the next SmackDown PPV, Dominic legally becomes Eddie's son.

LOL. So, on Dominic's birth certificate, it says "Lienholder: Eddie Guerrero"?