TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The fate of Triple H...

With Batista on Smackdown!, who will Triple H feud with when he returns?

The obvious choice is John Cena, but it seems like he will be going into a feud with Jericho instead. The HHH/Cena feud is inevitable though, and I fear when this happens, Cena will probably join the long list of wrestlers held back by Triple H's ego.

Thoughts?

I think a logical thing would be for HHH to feud with Angle. Let's say he starts demanding a title shot against Cena, then have Angle, among others, get in HHH's and Bischoff's face saying that he doesn't deserve a title shot since he lost 3 times to Batista. There's already seeds planted for a feud between the two from Angle's first night on Raw as well as his match with Flair last week. Have a No. 1 Contender match at Summerslam between the two.

Logic says a feud with Angle, but WWE logic probably says a title feud with Cena... or HBK.

I'd like to see Jericho keep feuding with Cena up to Summerslam, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I think a logical thing would be for HHH to feud with Angle. Let's say he starts demanding a title shot against Cena, then have Angle, among others, get in HHH's and Bischoff's face saying that he doesn't deserve a title shot since he lost 3 times to Batista. There's already seeds planted for a feud between the two from Angle's first night on Raw as well as his match with Flair last week. Have a No. 1 Contender match at Summerslam between the two.

Logic says a feud with Angle, but WWE logic probably says a title feud with Cena... or HBK.

I'd like to see Jericho keep feuding with Cena up to Summerslam, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah, I was about to mention Angle.

Angle will be the next in line for Triple H to destroy.

but WWE logic probably says a title feud with Cena... or HBK.

Please god no, not Triple H/HBK part 56457567. THey've had their blowoff. let it die.

Edge, Jerichoi, Angle, are all viable.

It should be Angle given his issues with Flair last week, but it will probably be Cena. Realistically, Cena isn't a very good choice for the simple fact that HHH has been getting his ass kicked since January. He lost to Batista at Mania, he lost to Batista at Backlash, he lost to Benoit in the Gold Rush tournament, and he lost in his own match to Batista at Vengeance while getting his finisher no sold. Storyline-wise it isn't believable for HHH to keep getting title shots. At least JBL earns his by winning matches.

I could see them going with Hunter v Shawn v Angle for a shot at Cena. Angle can point out he beat Ric Flair and deserves a title shot, Shawn can point out he beat Angle and deserves a title shot, and Hunter can come up with a terribly contrived reason, seeing as there is no logical one.

It also means that the three 'best workers' can engage in one big self-indulgent masturbatory fantasy come to life and have the 'best match of all time'.

I'm thinking Cena/Edge is the way to go. This Edge/Kane crap can't go on forever and when it dies down Edge won't have much to do and he'll already have his money in the bank shot. That said, they almost have to have Edge win the title or else the long running money in the bank title shot is sorta pointless. He can just job it back at Survivor Series or whatever.

I've got a sick feeling it'll end up being Cena vs. Edge vs. Hulk Hogan at Summerslam.

I'd rather see Cena/Shawn.

No way a top face vs. HBK match would ever occur on Raw without HHH interfering (judging from the last two times it was tried).

Guest lilkoof21

I bet Angle, give HHH some face time than have him go strong heel into a feud with Cena.

Guest *KNK*

So would the proposed Angle/Triple H program be once again with both of them playing heel?

Haven't they done this already a couple times with both playing heels?

Given that there's a segment of the audience that cheers for Angle whether he's a heel or not, and given there's a deeply deluded segment of the audience that cheers for Triple H, neither guy shuld have to turn in order for a feud to work.

Both guys make crappy babyfaces anyways.

Guest Quik

I've said it once, I'll say it again:

HHH should feud with New Jack. Could you imagine the possibilities?

"Is-uh that barbed-uh wire gimmicked-uh?"

"Yeah motherfucker, just like the nail gun was!" **Thwack**

From house show reports it looks like they're gearing for an Edge/Cena title feud.

That would be awesome actually. I think Edge is ready to headline a PPV by himself, and HHH/Angle is probably the match I'd most like to see following the draft. If that's the Raw side of the card, I'll actually make an effort to get work off, whereas if HHH faces Cena, I'll have a really hard time caring about the PPV at all.

I'm thinking Cena/Edge is the way to go.  This Edge/Kane crap can't go on forever and when it dies down Edge won't have much to do and he'll already have his money in the bank shot.  That said, they almost have to have Edge win the title or else the long running money in the bank title shot is sorta pointless.  He can just job it back at Survivor Series or whatever.

IMHO they will prolong the Edge/Kane crap until they know what they are doing with respect to Matt.

IMHO HHH has no claim to a title shot, Angle-Cena has been done before, RVD-CCC for god knows what number IC reign it is for RVD (when is he due back btw?) and WTF about HBK. To be left field, Id have a battle royal and Benjamin wins.

But knowing the WWE we get Cena-Edge and HHH-Angle with HBK interference or Cena-HHH and Angle-HBK III depending on what happens with Matt.

Nah, gotta save Shelton for the inevitable RVD mega spotfest of our time, probably a ladder match or something for the IC. Incidentally someone PMed me a while back saying "Shelton would make RVD look like shit" and Eric S. from Inside Pulse also responded to an email saying "Shelton would own Van Dam so bad it'd kill RVD's rep for good."

Where does this notion come from? I mean Shelton is good and all but do you honestly think RVD wouldn't be motivated for that one? With a motivated Van Dam that match would be fucking awesome.

Of course now that I saw this watch them job out RVD to Carlito in a move that would basically kill Van Dam's career. Pretty sure RVD is due back by SS.

You know, maybe I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to Van Dam but I think things look decent for him on Raw. After Cena has his heat inevitably killed by HHH is there anyone else to plug into a main event face spot but RVD?

Guest JMA

Triple H needs to take some time off, like the Dudley Boyz did. That way he'll be fresh in the minds of the fans when he comes back and he'll have time to heal up.

If they're smart, they'll slowly build up Cena - HHH for Wrestlemania.

Which, of course, means that we'll likely see it by Survivor Series at the latest.

Guest JMA
IMHO they will prolong the Edge/Kane crap until they know what they are doing with respect to Matt.

Didn't Vince once say that "you can't shine shit"? Edge has already lost clean to Kane (who the crowd doesn't really care much about). They need to find a way to end this abortion (no pun intended) of an angle soon.

Guest JMA
Didn't Vince once say that "you can't shine shit"?

And yet all of his actions in the last few years seem to indicate he believes otherwise.

Weird.

There are probably many examples--both past and present--where he's tried to make a nearly worthless wrestler or angle into something more.

Nah, gotta save Shelton for the inevitable RVD mega spotfest of our time, probably a ladder match or something for the IC.  Incidentally someone PMed me a while back saying "Shelton would make RVD look like shit" and Eric S. from Inside Pulse also responded to an email saying "Shelton would own Van Dam so bad it'd kill RVD's rep for good."

Where does this notion come from?  I mean Shelton is good and all but do you honestly think RVD wouldn't be motivated for that one?  With a motivated Van Dam that match would be fucking awesome.

After watching some of my new RVD "One of A Kind" DVD this weekend, RVD motivated = a hell of a good match. Especially with Shelton.

Nah, gotta save Shelton for the inevitable RVD mega spotfest of our time, probably a ladder match or something for the IC.  Incidentally someone PMed me a while back saying "Shelton would make RVD look like shit" and Eric S. from Inside Pulse also responded to an email saying "Shelton would own Van Dam so bad it'd kill RVD's rep for good."

Where does this notion come from?  I mean Shelton is good and all but do you honestly think RVD wouldn't be motivated for that one?  With a motivated Van Dam that match would be fucking awesome.

After watching some of my new RVD "One of A Kind" DVD this weekend, RVD motivated = a hell of a good match. Especially with Shelton.

RVD against Shelton for the #1 contender spot for the WWE title at SS sounds good to me and it'll be great to watch, as long as he is being pushed as a superstar instead of making others get over as superstars.

Did they even mention HHH on RAW tonight?

Since Hunter got 3 title matches in a row, and he lost all 3, I'm assuming he's going to be taking two or three weeks off(maybe more?) before coming back.