TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Good ESPN Article

What kind of retardo lowlife bugs people in their hotel room? Id never be able to handle that once, let alone for an entire career.

Guest *KNK*

I know alot of the players want to be creative but why not just use a normal sounding name like "Kevin Jones" instead of "Clint Eastwood"?

What kind of retardo lowlife bugs people in their hotel room? Id never be able to handle that once, let alone for an entire career.

Theyre called FM morning shows.

I know alot of the players want to be creative but why not just use a normal sounding name like "Kevin Jones" instead of "Clint Eastwood"?

Jones_XBody_1121.JPG

Kevin Jones?

But seriously I was thinking the same thing. Just think of a normal name and be done with it. Like the article said the one time Lofton was in as Pernell Whitaker and got autograph requests. Well duh? You picked a famous person as your alias? That's real anonymous smart guy.

Damn, other people beat me to the "Why the hell would you use a famous name as your alias?" bit

Go the other way and use something unremarkable like "Bob Smith" or the tried and true "John Doe"

It is probably because fans are looking for a specific name, and can not just scan rows of registered hotel guests. Hence when Lofton was interrupted by Whitaker fans, they were also hotel employees.

It makes more sense to have your alias as a regular name. But, only if the entire team uses the same name. That way, if some crazed dame tries to get your room at the hotel, the hotel will be all "well, we have 30 Paul Smith's staying here"

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I think it makes sense to use a celebrity name, but only if they're a known criminal. That way if you do something fucked up, Pernell Whitacre, or some other guy with a record will get nailed for it.