TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO Smackdown Thread 7/7/05

Guest JMA

Ignoring the tasteless nature of this angle for a moment--how is it that The freakin' Undertaker is taken out by a club and piano wire? This is a guy who's been buried alive, set on fire, locked in a casket, and been attacked with a vehicle. It just doesn't add up.

Getting back to the tasteless nature of the angle...yeah, it's pretty bad. I wouldn't be surprised if the media actually took notice of this.

Aw come on...no one got blown up..or even set up with a fake bomb..nothing..

hardly worth the 45 parental advisories.

Some dudes in ski masks beat up Undertaker. That sort of thing happens everyday..

Guest Trecko

I'm sorry, that is one of the coolest segments I've ever seen on WWE television. Fuck it. I sat in awe.

Bravo, Vince. Bra-fucking-vo.

This doesn't even compare to the backlash Vince got for continuing Over The Edge after Owen died. Sgt. Slaugher's Iraqi sympathizer was worse than this. This was kinda strange to see because of today's events, but I don't think it was that bad.

Ignoring the tasteless nature of this angle for a moment--how is it that The freakin' Undertaker is taken out by a club and piano wire? This is a guy who's been buried alive, set on fire, locked in a casket, and been attacked with a vehicle. It just doesn't add up.

Getting back to the tasteless nature of the angle...yeah, it's pretty bad. I wouldn't be surprised if the media actually took notice of this.

Because he's getting old?

I'm sorry, that is one of the coolest segments I've ever seen on WWE television. Fuck it. I sat in awe.

Bravo, Vince. Bra-fucking-vo.

I chalk this up to pretty bad timing.

Had this aired last night,I doubt anyone would have had a fit over it.

Now that it happened after a terrorist attack over in London, Vince is gonna get eaten alive for it. The fact is it was taped 3 days ago, and aside from completely postponing the show to edit it out (As I know, they send the tape of Smackdown to UPN stations late wednesday night), there wasn't much they could do about it aside from slapping a parental advisory on it.

Which I find stupid anyway..why a Parental advisory? As if Parents don't have a hard enough time explaining to kids about what happened in London, even if Parents are watching Smackdown with their Kids (which I doubt), it would be hard to explain why 5 masked men beating up Taker is so bad, since masked men beat up guys in Wrestling all the time...

Guest JMA

Because he's getting old?

Wouldn't a zombie just decay, rather than get old?

" I wouldn't be surprised if the media actually took notice of this."

Why the hell would they give a stupid ass carny fraud like Vince attention? They know he's a big damn baby and that's exactly what he wants.

Nobody will blink except that guy...you know...Mushmouth.

The fact is, Vince could not and did not know what would happen in London. I don't blame him for filming the skit as it advanced the issue between the two. I'm not sure about broadcasting it, but I guess it would spoil the rest of the show since I imagine they're going to reference it a couple of more times before the show is over.

And to me, no this is not as bad as Slaughter becoming an Iraqi sympathizer.

This actually looks like a PPV main event to me..

With the nice attires, the black ropes, these two guys in general..it just screams main event.

As I said in another thread, I really overracted. If anything, that was just more stupid than offensive, and actually reaches Wrestlecrap levels of comedy instead of outright outrage.

Guest RadioBurning
From what I've heard of him, he's always sounded like he smokes three packs of cigarettes before each sentence.

Richards sustained a neck injury around 96-97 and suffered damage to his vocal chords. I believe he needed surgery to regain the ability to speak.

PWI:

For those wondering, the masked men who attacked The Undertaker on Smackdown were Mike and Todd Shane, Val Venis, WWE developmental talent Mike Knox and one other name I haven't confirmed yet.

PWI:

For those wondering, the masked men who attacked The Undertaker on Smackdown were Mike and Todd Shane, Val Venis, WWE developmental talent Mike Knox and one other name I haven't confirmed yet.

NOT VAL VENIS!

(Sorry, had to do that.)

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Not to be a pussy but just from a logical money-making standpoint are you really going to draw more people to a big television show event by being the only one that could be in a way considered as pretty much egging that kind of terrorist shit on?

Not everyone will know to take it as just wwe's usual exploitation of the current times although if their were a reason i've been less inclined to tell someone i'm a wrestling fan my entire life, it is because of stupid shit like this. :D

Guest Fishyswa

I still don't see the uproar, movies don't get criticized for using guns after people get shot.