TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO Smackdown Thread 7/7/05

Once again Vince McMahon and WWE proves that they are the masters of bad taste programming. If the attacks had happend in America I bet the segment would have been chopped but becuase it was the UK it wasn't. Good job in fucking off some of your most loyal fans Vince. Why would he want to piss off an area where they still your to sold out crowds?

Fuck you Vince McMahon.

I just realised, Daivari doesn't have an actual finisher yet. Maybe they should give him the Lionsault.

They could call it The Al-Quebrada.

That's brilliant yet so very wrong.

The second I saw Piano Wire, I thought "Are they going to try to re-enact the film Audition?"

I'm just wondering, if the London bombing didn't happen would you people be this offended? I wasn't offended at what happen because....ITS WWE! WWE does stupid shit like this all the time to gain attention. We all have seen it, the "gay" wedding, the Katie Vick thing. WWE did it to gain attention. Now I'm not saying their playing off what happen in London because this was taped on Monday and what happen in London happen on Wednesday morning and hell I didn't even find out about it till after Smackdown had aired and I saw the Hassan thing, it still didn't offended me. We all have to remember this is Vince/Hollywood writers/Stephanie/and the WWE....STUPID CRAP LIKE THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME! I would have the bet if the bombing happen on Friday night, a lot of people who are "offended", wouldn't be.

Well, I read the spoilers and, AGAIN, this doesn't 'offend' me so much because I know what to expect from the WWE. But the London bombings have nothing to do with how much of an abortion the segment was, both from social stance AND from a wrestling, character development stance.

Once again Vince McMahon and WWE proves that they are unable to edit a tape to better suit events that happen after it is already sent out. If the attacks had happend in America, the show probably wouldn't have gone on, and if it had, there wouldn't have been jack shit they could do about it anyway. Good job not being telepathic, Vince. Why would he want to run a segment after that, and not even editting it with his mind, because it had already been sent out, and all they could do was a disclaimer?

Fuck you, obviously-not-psychic Vince McMahon.

Editted to what, if you knew the truth and yet said that anyway, probably would have been said.

Anyone who was offended by the segment either (A) didn't see it or (B) is way too oversensitive. I'll admit, I was shocked when I read the spoilers and saw one pic of the segment (although I wasn't offended) but seeing it on TV, it was tame compared to a lot of stuff.

People need to stop being whiny little bitches. Whatever happened to freedom of expression?

I'm just wondering, if the London bombing didn't happen would you people be this offended?

I don't see how the London bombing is relevant, considering how Hassan has been portrayed up to this point, as well as how Hassan's & Daivari's segments were played last night.

Once again Vince McMahon and WWE proves that they are unable to edit a tape to better suit events that happen after it is already sent out. If the attacks had happend in America, the show probably wouldn't have gone on, and if it had, there wouldn't have been jack shit they could do about it anyway. Good job not being telepathic, Vince. Why would he want to run a segment after that, and not even editting it with his mind, because it had already been sent out, and all they could do was a disclaimer?

Fuck you, obviously-not-psychic Vince McMahon.

Editted to what, if you knew the truth and yet said that anyway, probably would have been said.

What "truth" is this?

Besides, would it really be such a hard thing to edit the tape?

As for if America had been attack Vince would have not had that segment on the show.

I just realised, Daivari doesn't have an actual finisher yet.

Magic Carpet Ride.

Can we actually talk about the show? There's already a thread for the London/Terrorist/Undertaker angle.

Some things I'd like to talk about-

-bWo

-Christian in the same spot on SD as he was on RAW

-Benoit in the US Title Picture?

Guest nokia

from pwinsider;

"For those wondering, the masked men who attacked The Undertaker on Smackdown were Mike and Todd Shane, Val Venis, WWE developmental talent Mike Knox and one other name I haven't confirmed yet"

People need to stop being whiny little bitches. Whatever happened to freedom of expression?

Actually, being a whiny little bitch here is exercising your freedom of expression. Just because you do something, doesn't mean you are exempt from criticism of your actions. What you are probrably opposed to is someone expressing criticism of something you like and are only for freedom of expression as long as the sentiments are agreeing with you. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Even unpopular opinion comes under the freedom of expression umbrella.

Just to digress from the topic at hand, I found it absolutely hilarious how M-M-M-Matt Morgan was unceremoniously ousted from WW_ by the Mexicools. One week he was a giant-killing F5 machine, next he's manhandled and thrown out the door by a bunch of green-card landscaping midgets. Awesome.

So long, Hoss #OU812. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord sp-sp-sp-split ya.

Just to digress from the topic at hand, I found it absolutely hilarious how M-M-M-Matt Morgan was unceremoniously ousted from WW_ by the Mexicools. One week he was a giant-killing F5 machine, next he's manhandled and thrown out the door by a bunch of green-card landscaping midgets. Awesome.

So long, Hoss #OU812. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord sp-sp-sp-split ya.

I just got a kick on how we finally got to see some Cruiserweights beat up a hoss. Come on, who hasn't wanted to see that?