TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

Family Guy 7/10

Stewie's working on a novel line to Brian is probably one of my top five all-time family guy jokes. I think it's a really polarizing segment. I still can't even think about it without totally cracking up.

"Oh this? Just mah package, Yep, its all Stewie. God delivered and I signed for it. :D The Blind Date reference was funny "You want some zah? "By the hair on your pits, your Italian."

1. I don't understand the Bachelor episode hate. HE MAN mothefuckers.

2. I thought it was a good episode and the puking was funny not for the length but for the reactions of them all, especially if you have had to puke more than twice in a row.

3. "That is exactly the kind of idiot you see at Taco Bell at 1 in the morning, the guy who just wiffed his way down the bar skank ladder. And if he wants to throw hands... I'll throw hands."

4. Stewie as Jimminy Glick.

5. Hitler and Eva Braun.

Guest Olympic Slam
Okay, I must be in the minority here, but I really didn't find that puking bit funny. At all. At the same time, I think it helped me realize one of the problems with the new FG episodes: You know the "make it go so long it stops being funny, then starts being funny again" bit? You can tell when they're gonna do that. Well, I could, anyway. This week, as soon as they started to mention puke, I knew it was gonna happen, and last week(?) when Stewie did that really annoying "Workin' on a book there?" bit, I guessed then as well.

I dunno, that stuff just doesn't seem near as funny when you can see it coming. Instead of watching the joke unfold and realizing the absurdity at a slower pace, it just clicks that whatever I'm watching right now I'm watching for the next five minutes, so I'd better get comfortable.

I agree 100%. The puking bit falls under the newly minted "Jake and the Fat Man" phenomenon. Whereby a semi-funny gag goes on so insanely long that while the joke keeps going, you ignore what's taking place on screen and start thinking about those precious seconds you'll never get back. The Puking Bit was a .8 "Jake and the Fatman."

Also, no love for Stewie's hilarious run-on sentence rant about the hackeysack/Taco Bell/downloading Simpsons episodes? Methinks that joke hit close to home for more than a few. I know it describes 80% of the people I know.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh yeah, the run-on sentence rant was the best. Let me bust out the quote:

Ha! I've got your hat! Take that, hatless! Now go back to the quad and resume your hackeysack tourney! I'm not going to lie down for some frat boy bastard with his damn ?? sandals and his Skol bandits and his Abercrombie & Fitch longsleeve open-stitch crewneck henley smoking stickybuds out of a sodacan while watching his favorite downloaded Simpsons episodes everynight! Yes we all love Mr. Plow now? Oh you've got the song memorized, do you? So does everyone else! That is exactly the kind of idiot you see at Taco Bell at one in the morning! The guy who just whiffed his way down the bar skank ladder. If he wants to throw hands, I'll throw hands!

Guest Vitamin X

Thanks, I fixed it. It was hard to understand a couple parts of it, as you could tell.

Guest Evolution

Didn't much care for the Breakfast Machine gag or Paula Poundstone, missed the Herculoid reference, but loved Jiminy Glick, Stewie's rant, the pukefest, Blind Date, "Ow, you're bending it!", and Kramer vs. Predator.

Didn't much care for the Breakfast Machine gag or Paula Poundstone, missed the Herculoid reference, but loved Jiminy Glick, Stewie's rant, the pukefest, Blind Date, "Ow, you're bending it!", and Kramer vs. Predator.

How could you not love the breakfast machine?

"What was the point of all that? It doesn't make breakfast at all! It just shoots you!"