TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin MacPhisto

People who drop out of college and then complain

Complain about dropping out. Complaining about college is fine as long as you're not a crying-ass baby about it and you're doing something better than jerking off into your own hand.

Speaking of which...

Nah. This was brought on by incidentally encountering/overhearing a few different persons today complaining about how, since they dropped out of UVA, the best job they could find was something in the vein of $7/hr at Sam Goody, and how hard dropping out is. MOVE OUT OF THE COLLEGE TOWN, DUDE.

My sole close friend who did cease college is now learning how to pilot nuclear submarines, so I'm quite happy for him.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Best thing I ever did, dropping out of college.

I have a feeling I might go back within the next five years, but that will be more to learn a trade than to get a degree.

Buddy of mine dropped out of high school, he's learning to be a plumber. Good racket, that.

I went to college for a year after HS and dropped out, at the time using every opportunity to blame the system in my disillusioned late-teenager state.

Later I would come to admit that it was my fault for lacking self-discipline. Plus I discovered being a stocker, fun as it was, was no way to live (like kkk said, "sucker"). Now I work for the very system I once railed against. Life is good.

Buddy of mine dropped out of high school, he's learning to be a plumber. Good racket, that.

Money wise, yeah, but it's not fun. Not construction plumbing anyway, crawling around under the floor and shit.

Of all the construction trades, electrician is the one to get, if you can. Best money, not too hard physically. You can't be a dimwit, though.

Guest StylesMark

Anybody that drops out, STAYS in the college town and bitches about it, is a jackass.

ALMOST anyone can get a job with the state, or local government.

I think this problem could be avoided if more people waited a year or so before entering college in the first place.

I worked my ass off in college because I'd spent the previous year working my ass off for $6.25 an hour and didn't want to spend the rest of my life that way.

Having the real world slap you in the face with its dick is an awesome motivator.

I had a year off and couldn't find a job to save my life. Now I work two jobs and am raking in money, but am usually too tired to really enjoy it. That's good though, because I need to learn how to save and stuff.