TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

Attn: For the MODERATOR

Forgot who the moderator of sports was, otherwise I would have pm'd them, whoever it is, could they please change our topic title from English Football 2004 - 2005 to English Football 2005 - 2006 as our new season is starting soon, thanks

Why, when its nearly 3 years old and has 3,000 comments in there? Besides its had its name changed twice in the last two years, its become a tradition

Why, when its nearly 3 years old and has 3,000 comments in there? Besides its had its name changed twice in the last two years, its become a tradition

First post: Jul 22 2003

- Dave, it's not even 2 years old, and it's a lot closer to 2,000 comments than 3,000...

Thanks for changing it, anyway.

Yeah cos I can just remember off the top of my head exactly how many posts a thread has and when it was created motherfucker

Yeah cos I can just remember off the top of my head exactly how many posts a thread has and when it was created motherfucker

Or click back the sports page, check the date it was started and the number of posts before arbitrarily throwing out dates and numbers? I just did so, before posting this, and it took like 15 seconds ... it's not that tough (July 22, 2003 & 2255, at the time that I posted this)

Or click back the sports page, check the date it was started and the number of posts before arbitrarily throwing out dates and numbers? I just did so, before posting this, and it took like 15 seconds ... it's not that tough (July 22, 2003 & 2255, at the time that I posted this)

Hey, he started this thread like, five months ago and it got around 450 replies before the moderator finally changed their thread.

And if they get a OAO thread for foccer, we get a OAO NHL 2005-06 thread.

I would prefer not having a thirty page long thread. If you want to have monthly threads, that is fine. But even if you ultimately have a season long thread, it will NOT contain the dreaded OaO tag.

Why does Al have this crazy hatred for OAO threads?

Max is right, there aren't many NHL fans here, so I don't see the problem with a season long thread.

I can understand no OAO for baseball, since you regularly contribute to those threads and may have a hard time following them, but we had an NHL Season long thread the last time there was a season.

2003-04 ended at 34 pages, what some baseball threads end up at.

Surprisingly, it stayed on topic, talked of key games, injuries and player movements. I'm planning on starting another one to keep the hockey discussion (which most of the board will admit it doesn't care about) in one thread for the most part. Obviously, major news would require a separate thread, but for the most part, I would rather have one thread for the season.

No cos I couldnt be arsed, plus I dont really care, when a thread was started doesnt really factor into important things in my life

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Al hates Palindromes. I'm going to make an attempt to start following hockey this year.

Because it restricts topics to a single thread. If someone feels that a subject deserves its own thread, they have the right to do so. If things get out of hand, then we consider bringing things in line.