TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

ME for next month's PPV

KOW vs Styles, Savage, and Hardy was followed by Triple xXx vs AMW as the main event of Turning Point.

Jarrett back in the ME makes me sad. Really Jeff Jarrett is the only thing that really, really bothers me about TNA right now. I can even stomach the crap that is 3LK/Outlaw storyline and some of the other drivel (think Lance Hoyt) over anything touching Jarrett.  His involvement in this company makes me not want to invest much of my time and energy in this company.

I'm in the same boat here. While I am a strong supporter of TNA, this Jarrett shit has got to be put in it's place. It might very well already though (this is the hopefulness in me) be by a compromise of the booking team to put Jarrett in the main event again with feuds with Brown and Raven during the summer and into the fall that would lead to him hopefully putting both over. Then after that, he gets put down a step or two, hell maybe even out of the company altogether. It sounds like either all of the Jarrett stuff from the past few months was complete bullshit that the company made up to the sheets or else its VERY political right now and there is a huge power struggle and if thats the case, I dont think Jarrett will, in the long run, win this battle if he's doing what reports are saying that he is doing.

Anyway I'm hoping this tag match is the time that Monte Brown joins up with Raven to take on Rhino and Jarrett. To me, that is the only way to even do that match in the first place as realistically, I was expecting Raven/Rhino at the next ppv. Brown then getting back into the main event mix and feuding with Rhino and Jarrett makes sense. I'd do Brown/Jarrett at the Sept ppv and Rhino/Raven as well, and then Brown/Rhino and Jarrett/Raven at Bound for Glory. What would be key here is Jarrett doing a somewhat convincing job to Monte Brown in Sept, and a completely clean job to Raven at Bound for Glory. It MIGHT not be a bad idea to have Raven job to Rhino for the title as well (after interference from Jarrett), which would have Brown v. Rhino for the belt instead at Bound for Glory, which would make sense since jobbing to Brown in Sept should not logically mean Jarrett then gets a title shot anyway. Then you have Brown do a title run, Jarrett can finally get his title match after Bound for Glory against Brown in a blowoff match of their feud, and Raven can then be built up long term for a feud with Brown as the next big title program in x number of montgs.

I'm in the same boat here. While I am a strong supporter of TNA, this Jarrett shit has got to be put in it's place. It might very well already though (this is the hopefulness in me) be by a compromise of the booking team to put Jarrett in the main event again with feuds with Brown and Raven during the summer and into the fall that would lead to him hopefully putting both over. Then after that, he gets put down a step or two, hell maybe even out of the company altogether. It sounds like either all of the Jarrett stuff from the past few months was complete bullshit that the company made up to the sheets or else its VERY political right now and there is a huge power struggle and if thats the case, I dont think Jarrett will, in the long run, win this battle if he's doing what reports are saying that he is doing.

Anyway I'm hoping this tag match is the time that Monte Brown joins up with Raven to take on Rhino and Jarrett. To me, that is the only way to even do that match in the first place as realistically, I was expecting Raven/Rhino at the next ppv. Brown then getting back into the main event mix and feuding with Rhino and Jarrett makes sense. I'd do Brown/Jarrett at the Sept ppv and Rhino/Raven as well, and then Brown/Rhino and Jarrett/Raven at Bound for Glory. What would be key here is Jarrett doing a somewhat convincing job to Monte Brown in Sept, and a completely clean job to Raven at Bound for Glory. It MIGHT not be a bad idea to have Raven job to Rhino for the title as well (after interference from Jarrett), which would have Brown v. Rhino for the belt instead at Bound for Glory, which would make sense since jobbing to Brown in Sept should not logically mean Jarrett then gets a title shot anyway. Then you have Brown do a title run, Jarrett can finally get his title match after Bound for Glory against Brown in a blowoff match of their feud, and Raven can then be built up long term for a feud with Brown as the next big title program in x number of montgs.

Your not going to see JJ out of the company unless he himself leaves.

Rhino could interefere in the Brown-JJ match at Unbreakable, costing JJ the win. This could be the start of Brown-Rhino. The only way JJ will leave the ME scene for a good amount of time is if he jobs very clean to Raven. He will have no right to a title shot. There should be no interference, no brawling, JJ just loses to Raven in the ring. JJ still technically has a claim to the title, since hes never got a rematch, which people here seem to forget.

Im totally against having Raven job the title, and most certainly not Rhino of all people. Brown doesnt deserve a title shot at the moment. Raven will give Rhino a title shot, cause more importantly Raven wants a shot at Rhino after No Surrender. Rhinos just come in and Raven is being built back up again. Having him job out the title within 4 months will cut the legs out of him for good and hes one of the better wrestlers TNA has at the moment. Brown is very damaged, hence the need for him to be built up.

Id book it like this:

Sacrifice: Raven/Brown-JJ/Rhino --> I would say JJ/Rhino beating Raven/Brown barely, with Rhino getting the pin over Raven.

Brown-JJ --> Brown squashes JJ (who would have negogiated his automatic rematch by now).

Raven-Rhino --> Rhino takes Raven to the limit again, but loses this time.

Brown-Rhino --> Everything and the kitchen sink in this brawl. Brown just gets the win.

Raven-JJ --> A very squeaky clean match starting, always being and ending in the ring. Raven wins.

Yeah, I pretty much see it as the tag match for August, Raven v. Rhino for September, and the Raven v. Jarrett rematch for Bound for Glory, where Raven goes over.  I don't see where that screams "bad booking" at all.

Why thank you.

IF that happens, great.

The fact Rhino is another JJ lackey is bad booking.

Edited by King Cucaracha

It's funny how you mention those 3 because to a lot of casuals, those 3 in particular have a "WWE Reject" stigma to them. None of them are real draws, although Raven has somewhat of a cult following. Rhino is damaged goods even if they push him and I don't need to get into why Jarrett is not a draw and never will be.

Zack, word from the latest Observer is Jeff and Jerry are working at trying to get the boys in the back to turn on D'Amore and the booking committee, but even Jeff's friends are seeing right through him. Jeff did not do himself any favors walking out of the King of the Mountain match last month and lost a lot of respect amongst the locker room.

I subscribe to the WON as well (have for years), so I did catch that portion.

Yeah, I pretty much see it as the tag match for August, Raven v. Rhino for September, and the Raven v. Jarrett rematch for Bound for Glory, where Raven goes over.  I don't see where that screams "bad booking" at all.

Thats not bad booking...but Raven going over JJ might not really be the booking.

I've learned from past experience to NEVER expect JJ to "do the right thing". Ideally, he would have a quick run in the ME where he puts over Raven, Rhino, and finally Monty Brown as legit guys before going to the midcard or leaving TV altogether. I guess I'm just far to skeptical to believe that right now. But since everyone's making predictions of what SHOULD happen, I'll say this (if I've got the order right on the PPVs):

Sacrifice: Jarrett/Rhino vs. Raven/Brown, where Rhino gets the pin over Raven

Next PPV: Rhino vs. Raven, Raven wins clean; Jarrett vs. Brown, Jarrett gets by when Rhino Gores Brown.

Bound for Glory: Jarrett finally loses clean to Raven, Rhino loses to Brown

Then move Jarrett outta the spotlight, and move toward Raven losing the title to Brown at Victory Road.

I've learned from past experience to NEVER expect JJ to "do the right thing".  Ideally, he would have a quick run in the ME where he puts over Raven, Rhino, and finally Monty Brown as legit guys before going to the midcard or leaving TV altogether.  I guess I'm just far to skeptical to believe that right now.  But since everyone's making predictions of what SHOULD happen, I'll say this (if I've got the order right on the PPVs):

Sacrifice: Jarrett/Rhino vs. Raven/Brown, where Rhino gets the pin over Raven

Next PPV:  Rhino vs. Raven, Raven wins clean; Jarrett vs. Brown, Jarrett gets by when Rhino Gores Brown.

Bound for Glory: Jarrett finally loses clean to Raven, Rhino loses to Brown

Then move Jarrett outta the spotlight, and move toward Raven losing the title to Brown at Victory Road.

Pretty much how Id book it, except Id have Brown go over JJ at Unbreakable, since JJ still cling on to the ME if he beats Brown.

But that being said, fuck TNA. They booked a good show in the form of No Surrender, with a closing that pissed some people off but they saw that it could work out. They made a good call by not orally servicing Vince. And they go and piss over everthing. Im so mad right now. :angry: