TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The Official NHL Offseason Thread

That's what you get.

In real news, other than Arnott bashing, the Bruins agreed to terms with Brad Boyes and a host of others.

And TSN is reporting (on their website) that Eric Brewer accepted his QO with the Blues.

Who's being sarcastic? I've never seen a hockey game with Jason Arnott, obviously. He exists in a world that remains unseen to my eyes. He's unassailable in the eyes of many because of his size and ability to pile up disappointing seasons of ~55 points when he's capable of ~75-80 at least. Of course, I wouldn't know that, since I've never seen him play before.

Love the sarcasm but here's a comment thats not sarcastic... you're a moron.

Who's being sarcastic? I've never seen a hockey game with Jason Arnott, obviously. He exists in a world that remains unseen to my eyes. He's unassailable in the eyes of many because of his size and ability to pile up disappointing seasons of ~55 points when he's capable of ~75-80 at least. Of course, I wouldn't know that, since I've never seen him play before.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...that's WAY too witty a comment for this thread.

I don't get why you think Max is being moronic. Are you saying that Arnott's NOT capable of more? Unless I'm confused, this conversation thus has evolved from Max being the one that's relatively down on Arnott to now Max being the one that says that he's capable of so much more.

Personally, I think that his numbers were obviously going to be effected by playing in NJ, in that system ... but it's not like he started lighting the lamp at a 30 goal rate once he went to Dallas. He's a good #2 center at best in my eyes.

/doesn't agree with the moron assertion, regardless

Wow. Never been called that before. Guess when you call out players who underachieve, you're a moron.

I'm'a go cry in my room and write a letter of apology to Mr. Arnott.

Dear Mr. Arnott,

I'm sorry I thought you underachieved. Feel free to continue scoring 20 goals a season. Oh and that stupid penalty you took in Game 6 of the Cup Finals was awesome!

Max

Dear Master Arnott,

Recently, I got into an argument with a fellow hockey fan on the internet. The internet, Master Arnott. INTER-NET. Nevermind. I got into an argument with a fellow hockey fan who called me a moron for daring to suggest that you are an underachiever who has never lived up to your huge potential. I realize that some of the potential that you had might have gone by the wayside when you essentially became a system player with the Devils. But now, you've comfortably settled into averaging 50-55 points a season and seem to be happy. Don't worry, retiring and knowing that you never played as hard as you could isn't something that you regret for the rest of your life.

In short, I apologize to you sir. You've obviously realized that you can coast on reputation and size and not have to put as much effort in to be as good as you used to be. I hope you accept my apology. Please send me as many free items as possible.

Love,

Max!!

Guest Rrrsh

Lecav. signed a long term deal with TB, under 7 Mill a year.

Looks like Mogilny is going to Jersye and CuJo to Pheniox

Abby resigned in Colorado and Delmore is now a Red Wing

Potentially huge (or not so huge) news coming from Edmonton. A press conference is scheduled for tomorrow (or today) where there is A LOT of rumours floating around that Mark Messier is going to sign. The nostalgia side of me wants this to happen but the logic side doesn't.

Do you think that Rrrsh will be pissed at the signing, redbaron?

I liked AC when he was on the Bruins. I thought that he wanted too much money, so wasn't broken hearted when the B's traded him. (the fact that they got Guerin in return helped). But he can be a very good 2nd or 3rd liner if the price is right.

He'd look awfully good in a black & gold uni with a spoked B on the front ... but, like redbaron said, I don't see that happening here, either.

If Redden went to Florida, you could see Bowemeister and Redden on the same Defence pairing, which would be the best pairing in the league.

If Redden went to Florida, you could see Bowemeister and Redden on the same Defence pairing, which would be the best pairing in the league.

Granted a lot of pairings are in flux because of the player movement but that would be far from the best in the league...

I've been busy since yesterday afternoon so I havent had to chance to say I'm THRILLED to see the re-signing of Vinny. Marty STL has to accept that he's not gonna see an exorbitant amount paid by the Bolts.

With Vinny, Iginla, & Thornton all re-upping for long contracts, who's really available for next season as the prized young FA? Zdeno Chara? Sergei Samsonov??

All I kept hearing was that the Rangers were positioning themselves to sign one of the guys that was going to be available at a young age (because of the "7 years in the league" rule) and now each of the big names that they've mentioned has signed their way off the radar.

If we're going to do a fantasy hockey league, yahoo sports doesn't have one anymore. Unless I looked right at it (which is possible, since I'm pretty out of it right now) I didn't see anything on fantasy hockey.

They might not advertise it till the end of August. If there is no Yahoo, we could always do a sportingnews.com one. It's not as advanced, but you'd pick 8 players under a 30 million dollar cap and you get 2 trades a week.

Guest Rrrsh

Yah, Yahoo never has thiers out till Lats week of August or September.

As far as Carter, I fuckin LOVE IT. We finally have that Top 6 Foward we have been dying for since this core has blossomed. Carter worked well in Edmontin, which has similar styles and philosophies. Very happy. Now, we just resign our 4 Restricted FA and trade for a D man, and we are in the clear.

Cujo going for 900 K to Pheniox is an excelent pickup, BTW.