TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

The scoop on CZW's venue change for TOD

As printed by Sean McCaffrey and DOIWrestling.com:

The following email was sent to the DOI, as Frank Talent wanted to set the record straight concerning CZW's Tournament of Death. For those who don't know, Frank Talent is one of the members of the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission.

Normally, Mr. Magee, I do not respond to anything on the INTERNET, for reasons that become quite clear, especially all the mis-information that appears there on a regular basis. I wanted you to know, I was always under the impression, that you, the gentleman I have always portrayed you to be, was one who was always concerned about THE TRUTH. Mr. Magee, it becomes quite obvious that you DID NOT speak to all the principals who were involved with the CZW decision to go to Delaware. Sir, here are the facts:

I was asked to come to the offices of ROGER, he’s the proprietor of the ALHAMBRA, and I was informed that Mr. Zandig, Mr. Tyrone Scott, and other interested parties would be there and they definitely wanted to speak to me.

I immediately informed the State Athletic Commissioner, Hon. Umberto Perez, in fact, I specifically requested, that he come to this meeting with me.

The Commissioner, along with me, met with all the principals I have already mentioned. We asked, what is the problem, and what can we do to help them.

Mr. Zandig, representing his group –The Czw – stated, “Is there anything the State Athletic Commission can do to help us with our upcoming show – “The Tournament of Death”? Roger, the owner of The Alhambra, proceeded to explain that CZW’s upcoming show, originally scheduled for Smyrna, Delaware would not happen. Mr. Zandig then stated, “As you know, we were going to hold out “Tournament of Death” in Delaware, only to be told by them, we could NOT have it there, because they have already scheduled a MOTOR-BIKE RACE on their date of JULY 30th”. Roger then asked us, Frank Talent & Commissioner Umberto Perez, if it would be possible to come to Philadelphia on that night – referring to July 30th. Naturally, we did not see any problems regarding this date, after all, NO ONE had officially requested this date, as of that night. Mr. Zandig then stated, “I’m referring to our “Tournament of Death Show”, and I just want all of you to know, a lot of funny stuff will happen that night”.

Frank Talent immediately asked, “Tell us what your referring to as ‘funny stuff’, since I have NEVER seen a “Tournament of Death Show”. Mr. Zandig then proceeded to inform, both Frank Talent & Commissioner Perez, what their “Tournament of Death Show” is all about, and he was very specific in detailing all the aspects of this show.

Tyrone Scott, the promoter for The CZW, stated, “We know how concerned you are for the fans of Pro-Wrestling, and it’s this concern, that Roger intends to address, by building a hockey type ring around our special cage for that night. We were then told that it would be a Barb-Wire cage, complete with SHAVED BARB-WIRE as was used by The WWE. Commissioner Perez asked what else this “Tournament of Death show” would entail, as far as The State Athletic Commission would be concerned. Mr. Zandig then mentioned that they would be using “Hollywood” type bulbs. He stated, “These are completely safe since they are merely ‘props’ and no one would be hurt by them”. The Commissioner, along with me -Frank Talent, then asked, both John Zandig, and Mr. Tyrone Scott, to please, put it all in writing, so that WE will know exactly what to expect. on that night of July 30th.

Yes, we did make the offer to have it here in Philadelphia, however, as you have already read, there were specific condition that had to be met, before WE would even consider their unusual request. WE DID NOT make any announcements, nor did The State Athletic Commission lift any bans, as was previously reported –NOT TRUE – nor did it ever happen!

You stated, “WE made this announcement in front of 400 people who you claim were at The CZW show on the night of July 9th. Mr. Magee, what is so unbelieveable about that statement, their promoter, Tyrone Scott, informed us, that they only had 210 people there that night – I know you can do the arithmetic, because something just doesn’t add up – either you’re correct, or The State Athletic Commission is now owed some more monies.

Yes, we’re the first to admit, we would of loved to have it here, with all the conditions I have already stated, unfortunately we never received the information originally requested on the night of July 9th – their meeting. Again, knowing how concerned you are about THE TRUTH, and all the Pro-Wrestling fans, I submit this for your edification, and it’s my hope, once you know the TRUTH, everyone will know exactly what happened, and more importantly, WHY. Thank you for all your concerns.

Signed

Frank Talent

Obviously, Frank Talent just wanted to let everyone know his side of the story, as proven liar Bob Magee, of a lesser website, has been spreading lies about Frank Talent and the PSAC. Making matters more interesting and hypocritical, is that Bob Magee, who is a CZW fan, used to complain to the PSAC whenever XPW had plans to do something "extreme".

While it is good to see Bob Magee and others fight to have their promotion run their big show in Philly, it is not good to see Bob Magee smear the name of others in the process.

As you can tell, Frank Talent on behalf of the PSAC, would've liked CZW's TOD at the ECW Arena, but didn't get the information that he requested.

CZW's TOD is this Saturday in Delaware, and there are bustrips to the event, being hosted by Mike Johnson's "WrestlingBusTrips.com"

For more, visit http://www.czwrestling.com/

As printed by Sean McCaffrey and DOIWrestling.com:

as proven liar Bob Magee, of a lesser website, has been spreading lies about Frank Talent and the PSAC.

That is so hilarious.... I could make a website right now, that said only "Cheese comes from pigs" and it wouldn't be a lesser website than DOI.

Too bad all this pathetic BS always gets in the way what really matters, the wrestling!

Does "wrestling" really even need to be commissioned in the first place? So glad CA doesn't have this crap....

The DOI site is worthless. We've established that numerous times through their often-found-horribly-wrong "reports". Their show reports are weak, and "broken news" stories often written by horrible "net journalists". The one-sided shot at Bob Magee, a person the "journalist" has probably never even met, totally makes his report look like it was written by a sixth grader.

CZW Tournament of Death 4 will go down and be better for not being in Philly, fear not.

I'm seriously thinking about going to this show.  I don't even know what the card is, but I had such a good time two years ago that I need to see it again.

The Line-Up

Zandig, Nick Gage, JC Bailey, Necro Butcher, "Mr. Insanity" Toby Klein, Homeless Jimmy, Sexxxy Eddy, Mad Man Pondo, Brain Damage, "Spyder" Nate Webb, Beef Wellington, Eddie Kingston/Robbie Mireno.

Announced First Round Matches: Zandig vs. Eddie Kingston/Robbie Mireno, Necro Butcher vs. Homeless Jimmy

Stips (So far): Fans Bring The Weapons, 2/3 Ultraviolent tables (one barbed wire table, one lighttube table, one barbed wire & lighttube table), Barbed Wire Madness (Kinda like a four corners match, but with crazy barbed wire stuff and boards involved), Panes of Glass.

I'm slowly becoming a deathmatch fan, so I might end up buying this one. The prospect of Eddie jobbing to Zandig kinda kills it for me at the moment though.

Wait wait, the Barber/Magee feud is STILL going on? I remember that back in the day on CZWFans.com

It's Barber, why are you suprised? He's wonky, remember?

This is a guy who still worships a long dead company, of course he's gonna hold a fued against a reporter who was anti said company.

And fued suggests a two way street, I'd use the phrase 'unhealthy obsession'

Get a life loser.

--------------------

Coming soon: The Story of XTREME PRO WRESTLING

On July 31, 1999, Rob Black, Patrick Hernandez, and Kevin Kleinrock embarked on a journey that would forever alter the Southern California pro wrestling landscape.

A promotion whose legacy is intertwined with legends like Abdullah the Butcher, Terry Funk, Sabu, Buddy Rose, and Atsushi Onita...

This is the never-before-told story of XPW, straight from those who lived it...

(Retrospective to feature articles, photos, music videos, interviews, and more.)

Barber, we are cool and all but that piece of "jounalism" is shit, and so is the DOI. I'ts really great you have your retrospective up there because I do enjoy it, but let's face it, the DOI is biased, and is a thrid rate wrestling site to 1wrestling, pwinsider, the torch, and yes even pwbts. The Mic (the writer of this "article") even went on to repost it again as a column but basically just repeated the same thing again. DOI is horrible, and their message board is even worse.

Who were you, by the way?

Aside from Whacks, Evil Empire, and myself, there was only one other photographer there. That other guy was forty-five years old, where as I was the young guy in jeans and a black shirt that fell on his ass avoiding Rotten and Butcher and received a piece of glass straight into my hand. Later I picked pieces of broken glass off of of Necro Butcher's disgusting back.

Here's my photos - http://www.yourvideostoreshelf.com/images/TOD4

I thought the show was a lot of fun, I went to the TOD last year too, and I thought both of them were equally as good. The only parts of this show I didn't like were Brain Damage's matches, and I thought the student battle royal was waaaay too dangerous. Overall it was a fun show though.

I took pics, and I also capped a few clips (which I asked about before posting, and they are cool with them being up there).

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~emaxsaun/TOD4/

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~emaxsaun/TOD4/movies