TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Internet Warfare

well, i finally decided to buy

yeah, i had it a long time ago but traded it in for some snes games like 3 years ago.

I bought it again today and was wondering if i bought a glitched version. I heard that games labeled 07 were glitch free, what about those labeled 06?

do no mercy's labeled 06 contain the glitch?

If you save sparingly during the Championship modes, you shouldn't have a problem.

I have an 06 one I picked up used at a pawn shop last year, and I only save every 2-3 matches. I've not had any glitch hit me yet.

If you save sparingly during the Championship modes, you shouldn't have a problem.

I have an 06 one I picked up used at a pawn shop last year, and I only save every 2-3 matches.  I've not had any glitch hit me yet.

When the game originally came out, I had a glitched copy.

I returned it and got an 006 one. It works fine except sometimes it turns the replay function off.

Maybe not the right place to put this, but here's a question I've often wondered. I remember in the No Mercy instruction manuel it talks about how the game has "records" and can give you like a win/loss tally of when you use the wrestlers in the game. I never found this, though. Does this even exist anywhere in the game? Thanks.

Maybe not the right place to put this, but here's a question I've often wondered.  I remember in the No Mercy instruction manuel it talks about how the game has "records" and can give you like a win/loss tally of when you use the wrestlers in the game.  I never found this, though.  Does this even exist anywhere in the game?  Thanks.

It was a pulled feature.

It was very sad the other day when someone walked into my store and told me WCW/nWo Revenge was the best wrestilng game on N64.

Hey, Revenge isn't that bad. I think they did a great job of the arenas and the title belts, especially. It's no No Mercy in terms of features, but it's still a great game that I play to this day. :P

It was very sad the other day when someone walked into my store and told me WCW/nWo Revenge was the best wrestilng game on N64.

It is. WCW in 1998 (especially once you add in the Japanese guys) had a more varied roster than 2000 WWF and it makes for a more exciting game. In particular, the lack of CWs in No Mercy is a big hit. Everybody wrestles the same in No Mercy for the most part. You can't have those great Psychosis/Misterio matches unless you create them and then it isn't the same.

It is.  WCW in 1998 (especially once you add in the Japanese guys) had a more varied roster than 2000 WWF and it makes for a more exciting game.  In particular, the lack of CWs in No Mercy is a big hit.  Everybody wrestles the same in No Mercy for the most part.  You can't have those great Psychosis/Misterio matches unless you create them and then it isn't the same.

If you swap 'No Mercy' for WWE, you get an accurate description of the current WWF/E.

I'm going to have to agree with the Revenge as best wrestling game on N64 statement as well. The varied wrestlers and their different styles blows the wwf games out of the water. The only thing really missing, and this did always annoy me, was the lack of real entrance themes.

No Mercy only had the advantage in the newer stuff. Ladder match and c-a-w were something that Revenge didn't have.

However, given the choice (and I have made the choice), I take Revenge over NM simply for the gameplay. It's harder to wrestle the different styles rather than just struggling to pick up fat people. I have Revenge and not NM.

No Mercy only had the advantage in the newer stuff. Ladder match and c-a-w were something that Revenge didn't have.

However, given the choice (and I have made the choice), I take Revenge over NM simply for the gameplay. It's harder to wrestle the different styles rather than just struggling to pick up fat people. I have Revenge and not NM.

Yeah, No Mercy definitely had a lot more polish, but Revenge was simply more fun to pick up and play.

Yeah, No Mercy definitely had a lot more polish, but Revenge was simply more fun to pick up and play.

I liked the points system in Revenge. It encourages me to wrestle better matches.

I have an original launch (ie glitched ) copy I had read about the glitch and never had it untill one day it happened to me for no real reason. I simply turned on the game and everything was erased (luckily I had a gameshark and unlocked everythign again). This time I saved my CAWS to a memory card (then a second card as my first card is glitched in that If I take it out of the controller it erases.)

I haven't played the game (or any n64 game for that matter) in 2 years (when I put my N64 back in its box in the closet to make room for a vcr).

I should pull it out one of these days. However last time I tried to play it felt weird after getting used to the SD games on ps2

I always loved No Mercy. My main complaint was always how the game slowed to a complete crawl when you wrestled a tag match. It took a lot of the enjoyment out of the game. I also wish THQ would have made the pre-made wrestlers movesets changeable. I got tired of nearly all the wrestlers having the same lame diving clothesline.

The WCW games had a couple moves that were removed when THQ started making WWF games. I would have loved for some of my CAW's to have Scott Hall's second rope Outsider's Edge that was in Revenge. Also, I with they wouldve kept the combination attacks.

The WCW games had a couple moves that were removed when THQ started making WWF games. I would have loved for some of my CAW's to have Scott Hall's second rope Outsider's Edge that was in Revenge. Also, I with they wouldve kept the combination attacks.

Get VPW2. It should have all the WCW and WWF moves, plus combo attacks, plus mask editor, plus shoot fighting, plus a ton of hidden guys (total roster of around 100 guys), plus voice intros.

It's out of print and Japan has no used game market, so hint: starts with E and ends with Bay.

It usually fetches high prices, too. Also, it's an import so it won't play directly on your N64, but you can saw off the end of the cartridge or (if you have gamebits, like I do) you can swap the back of the cartridge with any US game backing and viola, US-ready. If you have a Gameshark, that should work too.

Good buy as well: http://cgi.ebay.com/Toukon-Retsuden-4-Wres...1QQcmdZViewItem