TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

GOD DAMN IT

When Joe Theissman tries hard he is a very solid analyst. However, too often he cares about hearing the sound of his own voice and one-upping Paul Maguire on the Sunday Night broadcasts. However, I do have hope he can regain his focus with a pro like Al Michaels.

I'll never understand the hard on they have for Theisman. He is fucking terrible. The previous post was far and away the most praise I have ever heard him receive and that was faint at best.

Theisman is the master of the obvious who can't wait to tell people about the times he has talked to the players/coaches/front office personnel.

"Al, let me tell you, I had dinner with Andy Reid last night and he told me personally that he was worried about Michael Vick running. I was able to find out that he thinks one of the keys to the game will be containing Vick."

Guest Vitamin X
I'll never understand the hard on they have for Theisman.  He is fucking terrible.  The previous post was far and away the most praise I have ever heard him receive and that was faint at best. 

Theisman is the master of the obvious who can't wait to tell people about the times he has talked to the players/coaches/front office personnel.

"Al, let me tell you, I had dinner with Andy Reid last night and he told me personally that he was worried about Michael Vick running.  I was able to find out that he thinks one of the keys to the game will be containing Vick."

:lol:

Ah man, you hit the nail right on the head there.

Poor Al Michaels. He just can't catch a break. At least Madden talks like an 80 year old pothead when he analayzes stuff. That's annoying, but easy to handle.

I think Theisman comes across as all the more annoying due to McGuire being there. Much like my dislike of Skip Bayless/Steven A. Smith segments, you have two annoying guys at once. At least with Michaels there can be a bit of a contrast, whereas with Theisman and McGuire it was annoying and even more annoying.

Why does ESPN have such bad NFL coverage? It seems like they can handle baseball well, they can handle basketball well (not as good as TNT), but it's like the NFL is out of their league, it's too big for even ESPN. Sean Salisbury is annoying, Mike Golic is pretty bad too, and their commentary team is awful. I just feel like ESPN is in over its head with the NFL.

Guest *KNK*
Who is doing NBC's Sunday Night games?

I think its funny that ESPN (or anyone else but NBC) can't show sunday NFL highlight until after midnight..

Cris Collinsworth and Bob Costas. I believe. ..I think i heard that

I think its funny that ESPN (or anyone else but NBC) can't show sunday NFL highlight until after midnight..

If this is true, Bob Costas is ten times worse than Theismann.

Guest Vitamin X

I for one, really enjoyed Michaels and Madden.

But FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please keep Bob Costas away from my favorite sport.

Man, they should just get the entire Inside the NFL crew calling games. That would be entertaining.

I want Eugene Robinson on national TV calling games. He used to play for the Packers and does the Panther radio broadcasts now. Dude does his damndest Deion Sanders impression on commentary.

Guest Moses The Monkey

That article mentions Al Michaels will be joining Sunday NFL Countdown as well.

Has anyone heard anything else about that show? I'm wondering if/hoping that Berman, Steve Young, Tom Jackson, and Michael Irvin are all staying on it...