TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Huckabee was busy yesterday...gave a good interview on Meet the Press & and a solid speech in front of a National Review crowd.

When will he bust out the gimme slogan?

Huckabee was busy yesterday...gave a good interview on Meet the Press & and a solid speech in front of a National Review crowd.

What? I heart Huckabee?

If he can get Dustin Hoffman to support him, it will be perfect.

That's the one. I doubt we'll see it in use until his campaign really starts heating up, and when it does it should probably be something left to a grassroots slogan of sorts.

I really like how Huckabee is explaining how he doesn't want to go against the Iraq escalation plan & gives his reasons for that without resorting to the child-minded demographic stuff like 'anti-American, un-patriotic, and aiding the enemy'. He is showing a level of thoughtfulness not seen in the current Administration.

And, I laughed at Hillary's joke over the weekend.

I finally saw some of Huckabee and Richardson and damn, those two would make great nominees. Which means neither one of them has a shot in hell of getting the nod. I could see myself getting interested and excited about an election with those two men as neither seems like a really bad choice. I can't remember an election where I didn't feel like I'd be losing out no matter which way I went.

With Huckabee, I'm not big on his stance in the creationism/evolution battle but I'm not really hurting about that one. I like he tends to focus more on improving health care and health in general. Lot of positives and some negatives, which I'm fine with since if he seemed perfect I would no something was amiss.

I still like McCain. Just sayin'.

http://therealmccain.com/

While I don't like McCain right now, Bobby should be allowed to like McCain if he wants to.

What? I heart Huckabee?

If he can get Dustin Hoffman to support him, it will be perfect.

I think everyone who saw that movie posts on this board.

Are we allowed to ask why? Or is that something terrible?

Because you should be allowed to pick which politician you like, not because of what somebody tells you or shows you.

I guess you're back to the whole trying-to-argue-for-the-sake-of-arguing thing.

I'm only saying it probably wasn't a mainstream enough movie for a politician to try to cash in on.

Don't be such a twit. The media still loves the guy & if K can't explain why he still likes him in the face of his Hilary-esque disengenousness and terrible Iraq stance(s) then he's not really going against what he's told.

Edit - That's meant for lovecraft and his ridulous/mindless defense of McCain.

We can't discuss politicians here?

Oh, it's only okay to shit on Clinton & not war hero John McCain, my bads.

You can shit on McCain all you want, I never said you couldn't. As I already said, I don't like him either right now. I just don't go out and act like he's the worst human being in Washington like you and Jerk do everytime he's mentioned. Then again, I'm a moderate, and I tend to try and not take politics too seriously, so there you go.

I guess you're back to the whole trying-to-argue-for-the-sake-of-arguing thing.

I'm only saying it probably wasn't a mainstream enough movie for a politician to try to cash in on.

It did fairly well at the box office, considerably better with dvd sales/rentals, and Jude Law has only gotten bigger since. And, beyond that, it would make for a catchy slogan anyway.

While I liked it, "I Heart Huckbees" only made $12 million and cost $22 million to make.

That actually may be a good reason to use the slogan, since its an excellent metaphor for Republican tax policies.

I just don't go out and act like he's the worst human being in Washington like you and Jerk do everytime he's mentioned.
I don't think he's the worst politician in Washington, and I think that I've been laying off of him for the last couple of days. I'm just extremely disappointed with someone I used to admire spending 6 years cozying up to someone I despise, but everyone pretending he's still the same guy he ever was.

While I liked it, "I Heart Huckbees" only made $12 million and cost $22 million to make.

That actually may be a good reason to use the slogan, since its an excellent metaphor for Republican tax policies.

I just don't go out and act like he's the worst human being in Washington like you and Jerk do everytime he's mentioned.
I don't think he's the worst politician in Washington, and I think that I've been laying off of him for the last couple of days. I'm just extremely disappointed with someone I used to admire spending 6 years cozying up to someone I despise, but everyone pretending he's still the same guy he ever was.

I totally agree with you. For a while, I really liked the guy. I mean sure, he was a Republican, but he seemed like a great guy, and wasn't afraid to speak his mind. Hell, I still have some respect for him trying to do something about torture. As of late though, his support of Bush and the surge in Iraq has really pissed me off. You also bring up a good point about him pretending to present himself about being the same guy I admired. It's really depressing.

Maybe I should have mentioned smitty instead.

Or, maybe you shouldnt get all upset when we ask someone why they like McCain. If you cant say why you like the frontfrunner, you're not really going against the grain or thinking for yourself.

Or, maybe you shouldnt get all upset when we ask someone why they like McCain. If you cant say why you like the frontfrunner, you're not really going against the grain or thinking for yourself.

Ok, I'll admit defeat. You win, ok?

I don't like McCain, but just watching the first few minutes of the main video on that web page makes me like him a bit more. It never helps to spin things at a bigger rate than the person your trying to criticize.

I don't like McCain, but just watching the first few minutes of the main video on that web page makes me like him a bit more. It never helps to spin things at a bigger rate than the person your trying to criticize.

The thing about websites that try to "expose" politicians is that they never come off as convincing because they are done in such an obvious manner. Plus, most of them are run by the kinds of morons who still think Iraq had something to do with 9/11 or that the U.S. is a fascist nation. In other words, regulars at Freerepublic or Democraticunderground.

Also, I like Al Sharpton too. Then again, who doesn't?

Somebody asked something about how she would handle evil/bad men. She answered with something like, "Now what in my past would prepare me for handling evil or bad men?..." Then she gave a wide grin that appeared to be lacking its usual plastic, and the women in the crowd seemingly caught on just a bit quicker than the men, and they all shared a good chuckle. It was an ultimate rarity...Hilary Clinton being genuine & real on the stump. I personally doubt Bill would be upset about it and something like that seems fair enough to me since Hilary certainly has been thru some bullshit on the marriage end of things. If a little joke helps her mind on that front, and actually opens her up a bit, all the better I guess.

Now she is denying it had anything to do with Bill. It was just about Bin Laden or some other nonsense, which obviously wouldn't have been a joke at all if it was.

Too bad really. She seemed like she was maybe, finally, opening up a bit, which would probably end up being her biggest asset for '08.

Damned if you do...damned if you don't.

If she hadn't retracted it, the conservatives would being going bonkers over how she called her own husband evil.

Sign in to follow this